66f91c9e429ed
8 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8 [obsolete]
Page: « 1 ... 12 [13] 14 ... 36 »
Read 205139 times  

66f91c9e43272Mr Rayford

Re: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8
66f91c9e43371
I'm In the Body of the Many, after the second sphincter. I used the tacticool wrench patch and everything was working fine untill i got to the room after the jumpig section. Now, switching to the wrench causes the game to crash and I can't interact with anything. I tried to get a crash log of the problem, but the game won't even run in ShockEd. Here's what I got:

Set light_bright to 1
lit_obj_toggle=0
WARNING: No pathfinding database. AI will not run
Sphere (Player (890) - 0) starts out of world!
HEY! Used all available anim_txt frames, maybe more for blin (20)
HEY! Used all available anim_txt frames, maybe more for blout (20)
WARNING: Memory allocation suspiciously high (41966808 bytes)!
WARNING: Memory allocation suspiciously high (41957920 bytes)!
WARNING: Memory allocation suspiciously high (52530260 bytes)!
Sphere (A busted_bullet (2117) - 0) starts out of world!
Sphere (A busted_bullet (2116) - 0) starts out of world!
[objsys.cpp@393] Ran out of concrete obj ID's
Re-run with a larger obj_max.
Fatal exception occured; dumping crash info to log...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ShockEd caused a Breakpoint in module ntdll.dll at 001b:777a7dfe.
Exception handler called in _AppMain(): x:\prj\tech\libsrc\appcore\appcore.cpp.
Error occurred at 4/15/2009 17:49:34.
C:\Games\Sshock2\ShockEd.exe, run by Owner.
2 processor(s), type 586.
2046 MBytes physical memory.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: 16. April 2009, 06:52:32 by ThiefsieFool »

66f91c9e43803ThiefsieFool

66f91c9e43883
Try making a new wrench with "summon_obj wrench" and see what happens.

66f91c9e4399bThe Black Devil

66f91c9e439f6
So is Version 2.8 gonna be compatible with Tacticool skins?

One more thing, you know that Alya mod makes the rooms darker,
will Version 2.8 have that in too?

And Random shock moments like maybe enemies jumping out at you from unusual places or something like that?

66f91c9e43ab9ThiefsieFool

66f91c9e43b14
1. It already should be, any problems?

2. No

3. Maybe

66f91c9e43f35The Black Devil

66f91c9e43fa5
Okay, what about varied Hybrid and Midwife Cyborg skins?
Each one looking different from the other like different uniforms, hairs, faces, skin colours?

Hey. Could you make the melee weapons breakable and repairable? (Although the crystal shards wouldn't be fixable, maybe just become a few smaller shards as items).

And be able to wield guns as melee weapons for when you run out of ammo?

First one is technically doable, but it would be pretty ridiculous and I doubt even 20% of the fanbase would support me in that decision.

Calling all fans! Who WOULD support this idea?
« Last Edit: 29. April 2009, 00:13:04 by Nameless Voice »

66f91c9e44275LordYupa

66f91c9e442e3
Calling all fans! Who WOULD support this idea?

You can club a loooooooot of hybrids with a wrench that size before its even going to think about breaking.
66f91c9e4450d
Good to see that you're went back to develop further.. !

Do you have any plans to make multiplayer with less bugs?

66f91c9e445e4ThiefsieFool

66f91c9e4465e
Yeah, starting with the crashing/desync, are there any other bugs beyond that?
66f91c9e4480d
Nice ! The only real bug that i am aware of is the bug when you enter engeneering..

Oh and when i hit the modify button at Med/Sci the box underneath with the different modification types won't go away after i exit the enventory mode.. Any one else that has experienced this ? The only way to make it go away is if i enter a bulkhead or make the game load another level .. Hope you understand what i mean..

66f91c9e449c3The Black Devil

66f91c9e44a22
So would who support an improved inventory system where the items sizes are changed and each stackable ones have a stack limit?

EXAMPLES:
Pistol/AR Ammo= Up to 30 rounds per stack.
Shotgun Ammo= Up to 24 rounds per stack.
Hypos, Boosters and grenades=Up to 2 per stack... Or maybe just one!

While the pistol and Plasma pistol's sizes remain the same, shotguns and Assault Rifles sizes would be increased to 5 slots and
the Fusion Cannon would be 12 slots (2 rows of 6 slots).

Also be able to change the orientation of an item in your inventory. By that I mean when normally these items are in horizontal position,
in order to make some room for other stuff, you could flip it to be vertical and back again.

I'm a freak for realism!

66f91c9e44c08Nameless Voice

66f91c9e44c66
Since when is being able to easily carry six guns realistic?
66f91c9e45138
So would who support an improved inventory system where the items sizes are changed and each stackable ones have a stack limit?

EXAMPLES:

While the pistol and Plasma pistol's sizes remain the same, shotguns and Assault Rifles sizes would be increased to 5 slots and

Also be able to change the orientation of an item in your inventory. By that I mean when normally these items are in horizontal position,
in order to make some room for other stuff, you could flip it to be vertical and back again.

I'm a freak for realism!

It is a good idea but in my opinion you would get you inventory filled up way to fast.. If this would be made i think that it would be a requirement also to implement the ability to put stuff in crates so that you could create caches of stuff around the ship ..

66f91c9e4583bThe Black Devil

66f91c9e45912

EXAMPLES:

I'm a freak for realism!

It is a good idea but in my opinion you would get you inventory filled up way to fast..

That is the point... In order for the player to make critical thinking about what you should take with you.

[/quote]
If this would be made i think that it would be a requirement also to implement the ability to put stuff in crates so that you could create caches of stuff around the ship ..
[/quote]

Good idea.

Also if you could somehow pick up items without putting them in your inventory. Lemme rephrase it in full detail.
You find an object or weapon, right click it and you automatically grab hold of it (Or it is automatically equipped) and if you like
you can put it into your inventory. Somewhat a little helpful when you want to make barricades. Speaking of which, if that can be implemented we'll need the enemies to have Anti-barricade behaviour though I can already tell its gonna be very tricky.

66f91c9e45b92
Another idea just came to my head.. But first i do not hope that the creators if this awesome mod finds this stressing in any way..

I think it could be cool that when using the psi amp and you unlock a new tier the psi amp change somehow.. Could make the OSA character more interresting.. Like when you have tier 1 the psi amp will look like it used to, and when you unlock tier 2, the wire from the wrist to the amp is removed and when you get to unlock tier 3 the Psi amp is hovering above the hand and so on, so that you can see that each time you move op a tier you will be more in control of your brain if you understand me ..

Allthough i think this would take too much time and to much work ..

66f91c9e45cb4The Black Devil

66f91c9e45d25
Not bad...

I'm personally more of a heavy metal kinda guy (Someone who loves his guns).
Though I'd love it if I can use Pyrokinesis because I'm a tranquil being with a flame which can bursts with explosive rage! It's part of my soul.
66f91c9e464f0

It is a good idea but in my opinion you would get you inventory filled up way to fast..

That is the point... In order for the player to make critical thinking about what you should take with you.

If this would be made i think that it would be a requirement also to implement the ability to put stuff in crates so that you could create caches of stuff around the ship ..
[/quote]

Good idea.

Also if you could somehow pick up items without putting them in your inventory. Lemme rephrase it in full detail.
You find an object or weapon, right click it and you automatically grab hold of it (Or it is automatically equipped) and if you like
you can put it into your inventory. Somewhat a little helpful when you want to make barricades. Speaking of which, if that can be implemented we'll need the enemies to have Anti-barricade behaviour though I can already tell its gonna be very tricky.

[/quote]

I already had that same idea, but posted it in another topic (I think the 'what would make a good remake' topic)

66f91c9e466ceThe Black Devil

66f91c9e4672e
Is it possible to make new NPC's to put in. The Fan Missions seem to have that pulled off, then again I never tried them myself.

-New Hybrid variations like female Hybrids and Hybrids that use pistols, Plasma pistols, Assault Rifles and etc.
(One more suggestion I could point out is have Hybrids search for weapons and pick up whatever they find!
-Dual-pistol wielding Cyborg assasins. (You'd loot a couple of pistols from them)
-Since Rumblers are evolved Annelid creatures, how about fast, crawling creatures similar to Lickers from Resident Evil.
 They'd be able to pounce at you very quick when they're far away.
-Giant annelid wasps. (They come in packs of two or three)

And anything else anyone here could imagine which would fit well into the System Shock Universe.

66f91c9e46830Nameless Voice

66f91c9e468a6
That would all require making custom AI meshes, which is very difficult.
So, unless you're willing to supply the meshes, new creatures are very unlikely to happen.
66f91c9e46a56
A simple request would be to let the player put stuff in crates.. I do not think that would be hard to implement or am i wrong?

Well ofcourse it would be more than just enabling it, as it would be stupid to let the player be able to put a shotgun in a small crate, so some limitations to the different crates would need to be made.. Oh dear..
66f91c9e46e7f
Another idea just came to my head.. But first i do not hope that the creators if this awesome mod finds this stressing in any way..

I think it could be cool that when using the psi amp and you unlock a new tier the psi amp change somehow.. Could make the OSA character more interresting.. Like when you have tier 1 the psi amp will look like it used to, and when you unlock tier 2, the wire from the wrist to the amp is removed and when you get to unlock tier 3 the Psi amp is hovering above the hand and so on, so that you can see that each time you move op a tier you will be more in control of your brain if you understand me ..

Allthough i think this would take too much time and to much work ..

Nameless voice.. This idea would require new meshes for weapons too wouldn't it ?

66f91c9e47320Nameless Voice

66f91c9e47396
A simple request would be to let the player put stuff in crates.. I do not think that would be hard to implement or am I wrong?

There's a buggy script floating around for doing just that but...  I think it had a habit of losing items if you stuffed too many into crates.  I may have fixed that but it was never really tested.

Nameless Voice.. This idea would require new meshes for weapons too wouldn't it ?

Yes, though non-mêlée weapon meshes are easier to make than AI meshes.
« Last Edit: 01. May 2009, 17:05:12 by Nameless Voice »
66f91c9e47528
How to use that script ? i could propably give it a shot in testing ..

I wish i could make those mesches for the psi amp thingy.. But i am no modeller.. It could be cool though.. I only know how to use shocked..
66f91c9e47823
Thanks NV.. Any suggestions to what needs to be tested with the script ? Like putting certain items in cetain containers etc.. 

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the AI that appears in both System Shock games:
8 Guests are here.
-- there are still dragons and dangers and treasures on the inside as well as the outside world.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66f91c9e4813e