66f9373d8de75

66f9373d8eece
18 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 TF's Secmod 3
Page: « 1 ... 14 [15] 16 ... 46 »
Read 189262 times  

66f9373d8f665ThiefsieFool

66f9373d8f6ea
I think it's fixed now, I tested it in-game and the bug did not trigger again, get this file and make sure to delete everything in the "current" folder
[HYDRO4.mis expired]
Acknowledged by: hemebond

66f9373d8f797SpaceBotany

66f9373d8f7e5
Yep, got to Hydro and went in and out of the new level. No change in difficulty. Thanks!
Acknowledged by 2 members: Nameless Voice, hemebond

66f9373d8f91ehemebond

66f9373d8f96c
 :cthulhu: Bug: SpaceBotany is now on Deck 4 and has now tried out the pool cue three times and it has crashed the game each time. Seems to be when it would break as it wasn't on the first hit/kill. First time was a hybrid, second time was against three annelid worms, with the game crashing on the last worm.

66f9373d8fa5dvoodoo47

66f9373d8faae
as always, zip shock2.log and crash.dmp and make them available.
Acknowledged by: hemebond

66f9373d8fb95ThiefsieFool

66f9373d8fbe1
I found the bug, in the latest Newdark, trying to Destroy the pool cue (poolcueweapon) with act/react (it breaks after 3 strikes) will crash, making it Slay itself works the same and doesn't crash.
While I could test this fix at home I couldn't upload it because my net was out (and will be for a days I think) and I forgot to put the file on a usb stick or something, maybe someone can perform the fix and upload a new .gam otherwise it'll take a while
edit: also the nvcreateandlink script needs to trigger on "Slain" now instead of "Destroy"

66f9373d8fd4eNameless Voice

66f9373d8fd9e
Presumably it's crashing because the scripts (to make the debris) are tying to run on an object that's just been deleted.  Slaying it makes more sense.

Fixed .gam file is attached.  Just drop it into SecMod and the fix will be applied immediately, including to existing / in-progress games.
Someone should merge this and any other recent changes (such as the fixed hydro4 difficulty bug) back into the main SecMod archive.

On an unrelated note, it's kind of funny that you can use the pool cue to smash as many conduits as you like, but it breaks if you hit an enemy (or a corpse) three times.
[SecMod-PoolCueFix-shock2.gam.zip expired]

66f9373d900eeThiefsieFool

66f9373d90146
Someone should merge this and any other recent changes (such as the fixed hydro4 difficulty bug) back into the main SecMod archive.

On an unrelated note, it's kind of funny that you can use the pool cue to smash as many conduits as you like, but it breaks if you hit an enemy (or a corpse) three times.
Nice, I'll get around to making a new version soon with all these fixes.
Pool cue degrading only on monsters is funny but definitely intended, mostly so you don't have to bother switching away from the cue just to break some vents or windows.
66f9373d9028a
Hi, i never mod SS2 so i have a quick question about instalation.
I install this SS2 Tools (with NewDark) via instalator to my System Shock 2 folder. Then i download a mod, and put files from archive straight to my SS2 main folder. Then i just open game via normal, system shock 2 exe (like normal, unmodded game). I play a bit, on menu it says SECMOD, i have this new animations and look for a wrench, and this 2 worms at the beggining.
Did i install mod correctly, and i will have full content, and no errors or anything?

66f9373d9033dvoodoo47

66f9373d9038a
no you didn't - create a new, clean install of SS2, and then go here.
Acknowledged by: BcSeed
66f9373d9048a
Yeah, that what i was thinking, thanks for help.
Also, i be good if i install only Secmod, without any of this "reccomended" mods from this topic that i post? Did this mods even compatible with secmod?

66f9373d90538voodoo47

66f9373d90585
visual enhancements are compatible, but all gamesys mods are not.
66f9373d906a5
Thank for help. I create folder "Secmod" on DMM folder and unpack .rar content there, i "Activate" mod on blue manager, so now everything should work good?

66f9373d90791voodoo47

66f9373d9093b
Hey guys, had a question - with this mod and its difficulty, is it wise to do a no-revival chamber run?

I feel like SS@ was sort of built around it so I don't know. Can it be done?

66f9373d90ca5ThiefsieFool

66f9373d90d08
Hey guys, had a question - with this mod and its difficulty, is it wise to do a no-revival chamber run?

I feel like SS@ was sort of built around it so I don't know. Can it be done?

What difficulty? It should be perfectly fine on Normal.
66f9373d90e50
I always play on Impossible, so I feel like without the chambers it might be hazardous.

Also, is there any chance you could make an extra challenging version?  :D
66f9373d90f9d
Forgive me - your post is kind of confusing. Not really as in, it's not wise to do so?

66f9373d9106dThiefsieFool

66f9373d910c2
If you always play on Impossible then you can handle this mod and it should be challenging enough. I'm pretty sure voodoo meant to say that quicksaving makes resurrection mechanics have less an impact on the game difficulty if used frequently enough.
66f9373d91378
Hey TF, so I'm using Secmod 3 and I'm on Impossible... but I don't remember the Hybrids EVER going down with two hits of a wrench. What gives? :(
Hey TF, I downloaded your latest Secmod version and I'm having the same issue again. You fixed it before - could I trouble you to do it again? On Impossible, Grubs and Hybrids are weaker than they used to be.

66f9373d9148dSoldierG65434-2

66f9373d914e4
I've tried playing through this two times now and while I really like all the changes and additions, I've run into the same problems both times; I cannot fix the feedback loop on OPS, and I cannot progress past the transmitter on REC. I've tried all the fixes I've seen posted for the feedback loop (save/load, leave area, delete ops1.mis) and none of them work for me. As for the REC transmitter, I punch in the code and nothing happens. Does anyone have any potential insight?

66f9373d917c4ThiefsieFool

66f9373d91827
I've tried playing through this two times now and while I really like all the changes and additions, I've run into the same problems both times; I cannot fix the feedback loop on OPS, and I cannot progress past the transmitter on REC. I've tried all the fixes I've seen posted for the feedback loop (save/load, leave area, delete ops1.mis) and none of them work for me. As for the REC transmitter, I punch in the code and nothing happens. Does anyone have any potential insight?

The feedback loop is fixed by solving the wire puzzle that's in that room with the wall panel removed, activate the wire puzzle by frobbing the glowing circuit stuff.
The transmitter code was changed along with the code pictures and should work, here it is just in case: 14986

66f9373d91a78ThiefsieFool

66f9373d91ad7
Hey TF, I downloaded your latest Secmod version and I'm having the same issue again. You fixed it before - could I trouble you to do it again? On Impossible, Grubs and Hybrids are weaker than they used to be.
You should grab the editor, it's called ShockEd, once you're past setting it up editing monster hitpoints from the object hierarchy is very simple.

66f9373d91db6SoldierG65434-2

66f9373d91e14
The feedback loop is fixed by solving the wire puzzle that's in that room with the wall panel removed, activate the wire puzzle by frobbing the glowing circuit stuff.
The transmitter code was changed along with the code pictures and should work, here it is just in case: 14986
Okay, the transmitter code is probably a texture mod problem or me just not paying attention. Thank you. I solved the feedback loop wire puzzle, but the doors are still locked and the replicator and security panel are stall unusable.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, hacker: a ____ creature of meat and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
18 Guests are here.
One Cabinet wife has been blamed for financial mismanagement at her husband’s agency.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66f9373d92d55