66449b5ac2f42

66449b5ac3650
1 Guest is here.

66449b5ac3c99ZylonBane

66449b5ac3cff
Sorry, I just now saw your last post.

The large size of the tram model, and the ability to go inside of it, is what causes all the glitches with Dark's z-sorting algorithm. Splitting up the windows into individual objects would allow the windows to be z-sorted with much better granularity, and allow the main tram body to be handled as a non-transparent object (if the window holes are cut out with geometry instead of texture transparency... I forget which the tram model uses).
66449b5ac4131
Well, I included a model with all four windows in one file (without the tram). It's tramcar_w.bin.
I wanted to know if that does work sufficiently or not.
If it doesn't then I will need to do some tinkering to get them working properly.

66449b5ac41e2ZylonBane

66449b5ac4230
The previous set with separate window objects didn't z-sort correctly because (I'm guessing) the center points were far outside the actual window centers.
66449b5ac4310
Yeah, for the individual ones, but for the one with all windows the centerpoint should be correct.

66449b5ac43cfZylonBane

66449b5ac441b
True, but the single-object windows object has all the same rendering issues as the vanilla tram-- too large, player can go inside of it. With separate objects for each window the z-sorter has a much better chance of producing sane results.
66449b5ac4546
Sorry for the delay. My computer broke down and had to get a new one plus some added unforeseen consequences added to the mix which just delayed about everthing that is important.

For now I just did one window. Tell me if this does fix the problems or if they still persist.
[tramcar_window_1.bin expired]

66449b5ac45e6ZylonBane

66449b5ac4634
Olfred, just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about this. The last couple weeks I've had Real Life taking way too much time.
66449b5ac4705
Thanks for the heads up, yeah I know that all to well.
Even though I probably forgot a couple of things on here already.
66449b5ac4896
update!

ringbuoy - had to get rid of the pink transparency so created a new texture (and filename, to not break something) without it. It was just a quick edit and could possibly need some more touching up.
I could also properly unwrap the rope if someone wants to make a nicer texture for it.

poolt - I just redid the whole tabletop and made some minor adjustments to the UV mesh of the stand. I realized the holes are friggen huge but they are in line with the original table, so I just kept it that way. Anything more would already go into upgraded models territory.
Also note that I did some ugly UV mapping for the table. So a checkup with SHTUP is probably necessary. Maybe even create a dedicated pool table for it, if the errors are too ugly.
« Last Edit: 11. September 2019, 15:20:56 by Olfred »
66449b5ac4aa9
It's been a while and I'm totally bugged out again with ShockEd.
What do I need to do again so I can test if the rotation is working?

Edit: Nevermind, just figured it out.
« Last Edit: 12. September 2019, 22:39:14 by Olfred »
66449b5ac4c91
I've been cooking this up for a couple of days now. This is what I asked you about voodoo47.

This are the requested new models for the nerves. I played around with blender shaders and baking to create new textures for them. On the dendrites model I couldn't figure out a few errors I had in the baking process (the only way I knew without errors would have been way too tedious so I skipped that solution). Because of the errors I manually touched up the texture. There are some "ugly" bits here and there. But in the end I suspect it will be too small to really notice them anyway.
Before you get a stroke ZylonBane, the textures are this big on purpose so you can decide for yourself what would be a fitting resolution for them.

nerveU.bin & NerveST.bin - they don't have the dendrites expandages in them anymore.
dendrites.bin - This model is supposed to attach to the other two models where the dendrite texture originally was. I noticed that the original texture had animation in it, so I added rotation joints to this model so you can tweq it around a bit for some extra jigglyness. I couldn't get the model in a way that there is a joint 1, but 2-6 should be working.

I didn't run the full botm to check if there might be needed adjustments to the models, so if there is anything I need to adjust for it to fit better, just show me some examples.
« Last Edit: 12. January 2020, 12:02:22 by Moderator »

66449b5ac4df0voodoo47

66449b5ac4e72
a small Secmod specific bit - Olfred, can you try to offset the model by Y: +0.3 and Z: -0.2

thanks.
[fshard.bin expired]
« Last Edit: 16. December 2019, 10:55:47 by voodoo47 »
66449b5ac5158
Yeah, sorry. I'm stuck up in stuff I need to do and fallen ill for a couple of weeks now which adds to the struggle to do things.
On top of that my windows installation crapped out on itself and I had to make a fresh one. So nothing is set up right now.
I'll try to get to it in the next couple of days if not something else comes in between again.
Acknowledged by: voodoo47
66449b5ac5282
So I finally got to set up my ss2 work stuff again. Sorry it took so long but here's the shard. I tested it and should be good, so I went ahead and already included the source file. And don't be afraid to give me a nudge every now and then, I tend to forget things sometimes.

Small question from me, did anyone have time to setup the nerves/dendrites yet? I'm kinda interested what it looks like properly implemented.
« Last Edit: 12. January 2020, 08:36:55 by Moderator »

66449b5ac5390voodoo47

66449b5ac53dd
no problem (I tend to forget about things as well, and then they just pop back into my mind randomly), and the shard model works just fine, updated the Secmod package a few minutes ago.

I don't think we tried to rig the dendrites just yet, but I believe they will work ok - as far as I can tell, the nerve shapes and sizes are 99.9% identical to vanilla, so as soon as we detailattach the dendrites, they should be good to go. ZB will have to decide whether this is a SCP thing, or SHTUP thing.
[dendrites.jpg expired]
66449b5ac54eb
I would lean towards SHTUP as it is some kind of major graphical improvement and not simple bugfixing and sorts like that.

Ah, I hoped that I could see it in motion already. But even that looks quite promising and like an improvement I would say.

66449b5ac55fcvoodoo47

66449b5ac565a
forgot to bump something really old now - the alternate JMP shotgun. its vhot2 seems to be broken somehow, maybe you could have a look? would like to get rid of the temp fix in Secmod now that I'm sticking my fingers into that soup.

//adding a few wrench models as well, they need to be made 2.09 times larger (I think I'll try to smooth out Secmod weapon sizes as well, and I need to make the model sizes consistent with vanilla to do that).
[wrenchies.7z expired]
« Last Edit: 28. January 2020, 23:09:54 by voodoo47 »
66449b5ac575f
Here are the new wrenchies scaled up.

About the shotgun, it does have the vhot2 at the right position, vhot1 seems to be off. vhot0 is missing, maybe that throws what you try to do off?
[new wrenchies.zip expired]

66449b5ac583avoodoo47

66449b5ac588d
thanks.

not quite sure, all I can say is that his regular shotgun (in the full pack) is fine, and vhot2 attached effects work properly, but his alternate shotgun isn't, and they don't.
66449b5ac598c
I have no idea what is causing the troubles. Maybe because vhot0 is missing?
I've edited the model to also include vhot0. Check if that helps.
[sg_h.bin expired]

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

System Shock 2 takes place on the star ship named ...:
1 Guest is here.
But add zombies into your game and suddenly you’re looking at 4.5 percent of Japanese players, even before proper localization!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66449b5ac69b3