66f88f5b84a11

66f88f5b8514e
7 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 AlyaMod 2
Page: « 1 ... 12 [13] 14 ... 16 »
Read 117868 times  

66f88f5b859c8
How do I create the Rickenbacker card? I'm not too experienced using the command console in games. and I don't get how am I suppose to open properties when I select the card either. If anything how do I delete the randomization file in this mod or uninstall the mod completely? I'm doing my first playthrough and I like how the game is more challenging and the tweaks in it that make the game more interesting, but I don't like how I have to play scavenger hunt for these cards.

Also, how to I get the bridge near Pod 2 to work? I had to through the vent shafts and jump down to the bridge leading to the corpse holding the card only to find out it's not there.  :/

66f88f5b85cb1Join_us

66f88f5b85d1c
this problem has nothing to do with randomization, the card's location should be exactly like in the unmodded game. the bridges usually are the problem, they either never move, don't move until several minutes are gone or once started don't lock in place in the middle of the chasm. don't know the source, maybe an object limit in the level? ask rainalkar :P.

summoning the card ingame does NOT work! each card has a region id that has to match with the lock to work. the console command will just summon a bland card.

- download and install ShockEd in your system shock folder
- open this editor, select File -> Open -> rick1.mis (upper left corner)
- press F5 , select Show Tree: Archetypes, open Physical-> Keys-> ID Cards, select Rickenbacker Card, press Create
- draw a small mouse frame in a empty black area in the upper right window  (or in the other two)
- fill in the coordinates X -13, Y -11, Z -10 in the lower left corner, press the button Floor Me twice
- press the button Properties, press Add, select Engine Features->Keysrc, select RegionID RICKENBACHER, press Done
- open File (upper left corner) once again, select Save Mission and overwrite the old rick1.mis
- close the editor, open system shock 2 and load a save game before the rickenbacker and try again

alternativly you can deactivate alya mod in the mod manager, load a save game before the rickenbacker and replay the level. don't forget to enable the mod at the end of the deck again before proceeding into the body of the many. but i suggest the procedure above, that will fix it permanently.
« Last Edit: 28. October 2011, 04:14:08 by Join_us »
66f88f5b85e34
Yep, that did the Trick, found the card on the floor when I got to the Rickenbacker, thanks!
66f88f5b85f2c
I'm having some issues with SHTUP and this. Mod manager gave me conflict warning but i ignored it. Now some doors are invisible. My activation order is: SHTUP, Rebirth, Alyamod. Can somebody help me?
66f88f5b8600b
Should i try activating AlyaMod first?
66f88f5b86561
Always use SHTUP as a base mod and activate other mods on top of it. See mod compatibility.
66f88f5b86656
I did activate SHTUP first but it still conflicts, and game is unplayable due the invisible and not working doors.
66f88f5b8673a
Deactivate all mods and do a cleanup (tools menu of SS2MM). Then reactivate them in the correct order.
66f88f5b86822
Thanks, it works fine now. The mod is great but keycard etc. locations are ridiculous (come on, on top of ventilation pipe?) and hybrids are a little too fast.

66f88f5b868b9Rainalkar

66f88f5b8691e
Hybrids are fine I think, if you invest in relevant skills you can still easily melee them. But the locations of quest items will be changed.
66f88f5b86a27
Speaking of which, where is Crew sector card? I can't find it anywhere in Medical.

66f88f5b86ac0Rainalkar

66f88f5b86b0d
Uh... Should be written somewhere in the thread

66f88f5b86bb0Need A name

66f88f5b86c07
>Crystal shard now sings

Anyone have a video of this? I don't have a file with the crystal shard equipped.

66f88f5b86ccdJoin_us

66f88f5b86d19
hold    shift    and    .     to open the cheat console. type   summon_obj crystal shard    and try the weapon yourself.

66f88f5b86dc2Fironkkuify

66f88f5b86e11
I cannot for the life of me find the last Toxin A vial.  This randomization feature is really starting to give me a headache...
66f88f5b86f14
Not even with the revealed locations that Join_us wrote down on your request?

66f88f5b86fa0Fironkkuify

66f88f5b86fed
It doesn't mention the location of the last Toxin A, only the first three.

66f88f5b871bdFironkkuify

66f88f5b87226
Although I'm not finished quite yet with the game (still on Deck 3, playing on Impossible difficulty with the hardest spawn mode) I will admit that I like some of the gameplay changes. 

The cameras are actually a threat to be considered instead of a momentary annoyance and the hybrids are a real adversary (but rather fun) to take on.  It's like you're fencing with them at times.

It certainly feels like survival horror when using a wrench against enemies is actually a real challenge rather than being an overpowered tool that smites most enemies with ease, similar to the knife from the classic Resident Evil games.  I actually used my firearms against enemies early at times to save on health supplies.  Certainly made things more decisive with how much harder it was to kill enemies with firearms as well, like 12 AP bullets to down a single Sparky instead of 5.

My only gripe so far is just the randomization system for the quest items.  I like randomization in games if it makes sense.  Some of the hiding places are completely unorthodox which might be great for the masochistic explorer (which I'm not since I'm VERY impatient by nature).  Putting key items on enemies as well might not be the best idea either for two reasons: one, their bodies can disappear after some time along with any item their corpse was carrying and two, their bodies can be blown to bits with certain grenades.  You get the idea.

I'll have more later when I either manage to find the last Toxin A vial or just summon it to carry on.

66f88f5b872ccRainalkar

66f88f5b8731a
Correct, and hopefully, it will be remedied.

66f88f5b873d4Fironkkuify

66f88f5b87420
Well I had to resort to summoning it.  Maybe I caved but it shouldn't really take the length of an old adventure game to find one key item. 

Can someone send me a PM telling me where it is for future reference?

66f88f5b874fcFironkkuify

66f88f5b8754c
Are there glitches I should be aware of?  The audio log that details the code for the security station in the Officers' Quarters is missing which means, without the use of cheating, meta-knowledge, or glitches, I have no way of accessing the security station where the shuttle bay access card is and getting 20 cyber modules for finding the log in the first place.

If I recall, it's normally found in one of the lockers next to the poster of the woman right?

66f88f5b875f6Rainalkar

66f88f5b87643
The log is randomized as well. It should be somewhere on the four goo rooms, look even on the ceiling :)

66f88f5b87775Fironkkuify

66f88f5b877cc
I am curious about the psi powers.  I noticed there was re-arrangement and cost differences this time around.  Some of the changes make sense but others kind of baffle me. 

It just seems like there's even less reason to be a psi user because psi powers use more psi points and some of the powers are ridiliciously expensive (the amount you'd pay to get the healing power in Tier 2 would be enough to cover the cost of three weapon levels or a bunch of stats).  It doesn't help that the amount of psi hypos hasn't even been slightly increased.  Psi stat upgrades also upgrade less than before, further limiting the use of psi powers.

Since I have a special place in my heart for psi powers I will attempt a psi-only run in Alyamod 2 at some point to see if the changes made being the OSA agent a better or worse experience.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

A familiar passcode with 3 digits:
7 Guests are here.
You got a dungeon key! Where could it lead?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66f88f5b8abc6