66f8762f50147

66f8762f50a27
5 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 AlyaMod 2
Page: « 1 ... 13 [14] 15 16 »
Read 117850 times  

66f8762f5144fRainalkar

66f8762f514d3
I tried OSA once, and it worked well, I still have the same somewhere, on Impossible.
It was VERY difficult to balance OSA for so many things are hard coded in stats, positions, whatever. As for the number of hypos, it will be somewhat increased if and when randomization is implemented.
Imo, OSA in SS2 vanilla wasn't implemented well, you were weaker then other classes (well, barring Invisibility power which was ridiculous), and playing melee with adrenaline was your best bet.

66f8762f51695Fironkkuify

66f8762f51735
In all honesty, I'd think it'd be fair to make psi powers a bit more overpowered if the psi point cost is going to be higher.  Beefing up the OSA agent in many of his/her powers wouldn't be a bad move I'd say as long as there's a check between power, cost, and time limit. 

On another note though, I think the EMP rifle's requirement should be lowered due to how situational it is.  There are probably only 30 or 40 percent of enemies in the entire game that are vulnerable to the EMP rifle, most of which you will have already dealt with by the time you can actually comfortably afford the cost of the EMP rifle.  And by comfortably afford, I mean like before the Rickenbacker where only less than 5 percent of its bitches are housed.  The gun's pretty much scrap metal after that with the exception of the very last level.

66f8762f5183cRainalkar

66f8762f51898
Energy and Exotic were considered backing each other up. It is an altogether more expensive path, but more powerful than pure Standard/Heavy. EMP Rifle is even more powerful then before (camera disable function for instance), and Exotic tears trough organics.

66f8762f51d5dJoin_us

66f8762f51db5
@Fironkkuify

you might try a build like this:

Marine
year 1: +2 strength (for armor and carry weight)
year 2: +1 energy weapons, +1 cyber affinity (for second laser pistol)
year 3: +1 repair (for those two pistols)

then you either fully concentrate on energy weapons; you should be able to use the emp rifle roughly in the midway of ops on impossible.

or take modify 1 and the tinker os-upgrade first to squeeze the maximum out of those two laser pistols and the proceed with the above order. this will delay the emp-rifle a bit.

then spend points in research and exotic weapons till you can use the viral proliferator, followed by maintenance to 5. after that you can proceed as you wish (max. exotic/research etc.).

but be adviced that you will have to hoard every weapon you can find beside the basic ones because you won't be able prevent their degradation until late in the game.

i find the psi abilities are as powerful as ever as long as one stands back from the "direct kill approach" later in the game.

in vanilla many psi abilities were broken/overpowered (Photonic Redirection too cheap -> ghosting through major parts of the game, Soma Transference immortality, Adrenaline Overproduction's absurd high damage multiplier to name a few...) so they had to be toned down.
Cerebro-Stimulated Regeneration was too cheap/easy reachable for non-dedicated psi users.

Toxin A Locations:

Hydro B/C
1. After the arrival on the deck head right. Just behind the passage with the two turrets, camera and the os upgrade unit there is a room with a broken door. To access it, brake the glass in the next room on the left and jump in. the vial is in the desk (unchanged vanilla location).

1. Behind the Crates in a room to which you can jump in when you break the glass, that is above the freeze room with the regulator unit.
2. on a male corpse in a room that you walk crouched, to which you enter from the room that has glass all over it's floor and is above the corridor with the eggs.
3. behind the pipes just below the camera in a room from which you go the area with the regulator, a midwife and some eggs.

1. in the pool next to the Chemical storeroom.
2. behind the Gurney which is in the room with two medbeds, next to chemical storeroom.
3. between the pipes at the end of the long circular corridor with some eggs.

Hydro A
1. VERY concealed, behind the crates in a room with some crates, bodies, to which you get to when you walk right and again right from the room that contains a replicator, recharge station and two upgrade stations, just behind the bulkhead.
2. on the shotgun hybrid that is in the first right room (of the four), where a corridor leads to a large pool.
3. on the midwife that guards the Air Circulator unit near the big pool.

Hydro D
none

Command Deck Log with Security Code
1. After witnessing the chase scene you see an glass shielded observer room with a camera one floor above. When you enter this room, look behind a plant on the left.
2. In one of the crew rooms, sticking in goo at the ceiling.

« Last Edit: 18. May 2012, 22:36:09 by Join_us »

66f8762f51eb6Fironkkuify

66f8762f51f0d
I'll tell ya one thing; this mod would probably make even multiplayer challenging and possibly a bit nerve-wrecking despite no fear of costs for respawning.  Regardless of my qualms about it, this mod holds a lot of promise once all the details are ironed out and perfected more or less.

I'll wait till I finish up the game before I start drilling for answers to questions.

66f8762f51fcaFironkkuify

66f8762f5201a
Alright I've encountered that one bug noted by someone else - in Rickenbacker, the support struts do not extend when the buttons are pressed.  Anyone know what's up with that?

66f8762f520bdJoin_us

66f8762f5210d
exceeding of an object limit maybe?

66f8762f52368Fironkkuify

66f8762f523c1
exceeding of an object limit maybe?

I've never used ShockEd so I wouldn't know that for sure.

What a pain.

66f8762f524aaJoin_us

66f8762f524fd
was just lots of speculations; in my saves the support struts didn't react, but if i played further and visited the chasm several minutes later they were sometimes in place. so one idea i came up with was picking up items/killing enemies -> reducing number of objects in level -> struts now behaving correctly  O_o.

66f8762f5259eFironkkuify

66f8762f525fc
Still, that's something that needs looking into.  -w-;
66f8762f5273e
I have the same problem CommanderA had: There's no athletics sector card. I've checked all three possible locations but it isn't there.
66f8762f52896
I have a theory of what went wrong: One of the possible spawn location is that booby-trapped elevator. Maybe the card spawned there but physics messed up and the card glitched out of map boundaries? I've seen that happen before...

66f8762f5293bRainalkar

66f8762f529a4
I would suggest you spawn the card if you cannot find it.
66f8762f52c16
We got Priami fixed up in the end, as you can read here: https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=4448.0
The point why I asked him to report this problem here was so that you might be able to fix it in the mod.

66f8762f52d0cRainalkar

66f8762f52d74
A good point. I cannot promise anything. As I said, a long time ago I implemented the shemp textures in all of the mis's, and randomized medsci 1 and 2, but it is unlikely I will be able to do any further work any time soon.
66f8762f52e8a
Understood. Do you know the dromed name for that card? Might help people.

66f8762f52f41Rainalkar

66f8762f52f99
Out of my head, no, I don't have dromed where I'm currently at.

66f8762f530b7Crazycoconut247

66f8762f53114
If you could make a version of this without the randomization i'd be very appreciative. Plus is this compatible with ADaoB?

66f8762f531ecRainalkar

66f8762f5323c
Hi,

unfortunately I am out of SS2 modding, it is unlikely that I will continue to develop the mod. I still need to upload the finished medsci levels with improved textures and full item/camera etc. randomisation (I think it turned out really good). But for the rest, I doubt it.

No, ADaoB changes the gamesys, as does Alyamod, they are not compatible.

66f8762f532d1System Shocked

66f8762f53321
Just curious if you have a timeline for the release of your finished MedSci levels.

66f8762f534b4System Shocked

66f8762f53503
Not pressuring you. I (We) really appreciate the long-term commitment to your project. Don't under estimate how much your work is anticipated and valued by the community.

66f8762f53677Rainalkar

66f8762f536de
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B29K9wqYz_uSMWJiOWE4ZWYtOTQyNS00MTM4LTgwMTYtMWVjZjZkYWQzOWVl&usp=sharing

This is the folder containing it on Google Drive. Obviously it is a work in progress but last I recall it worked just fine. If you want to use it with Mod Manager just rar it. Don't bother with some strangely named files, they usually contain tips for myself. Again, only medsci 1 and 2 are randomized, while the improved textures are placed in all (possible) mis files (they are in a seperate folder). A lot of things are randomized, but with some constraints. For instance, you will always find the original amount of CMs and they can never appear in hackable crates. Cameras are randomized in patterns (if I recall correctly), so that you can't end up with 3 cameras next to each other. Monsters are least randomized (they are difficult because of ecologies etc), and if I were to do anything extra, it would probably be them and a few more traps.

Let me know what you think.

66f8762f537ffMidaychi

66f8762f53855
I'm a few months late on commenting on this, and I haven't tried the google docs version yet, but yeah Randomization of key objects is great but allowing them to be put in kind of obscure or un-intuitive places isn't. I appreciate that progression won't always be easy as pie but I also appreciate not spending 40 minutes pixel hunting the entirety of cryo recovery for the science card using flame wall, only to get frustrated and come here to find it could also be in the decompression area (Which you're in a hurry to escape from and there's no hints that a key item could be in there and you'll die if you spend too long in??)

Really the takeaway from this is if you really have to put things in obscure or difficult locations, throw some hints ingame.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a perfect, _____ machine? (Fill in the missing word):
5 Guests are here.
Thanks. It helps me a lot. I get in to the Colony.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66f8762f58519