66ee31e60443d

66ee31e604ca5
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Randomiser
Page: « 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 9 »
Read 21912 times  

66ee31e6054dfsarge945

66ee31e605545
sometimes containers will be empty. It's deliberately non-uniform for variety, some things will have no items, some things will have 2+.

The only times items which are uniformly distributed are the contents of security crates.

But the 6 inputs in Cryo concerns me. I will look into it.

If the randomisation seems to be working, keep playing.
66ee31e6056cb
Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind it's working. I will, of course, let you know of any other issues.
66ee31e6058bb
I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Secmod or Randomizer thread, but I figure it's more likely to be Randomizer so here it is. The Shotgun Hybrids seem to not be functioning properly. They will not shoot me and, when alerted at a distance, do their little "back up" animation constantly. They also hardly ever drop a shotgun and shell as is custom in Secmod; I think I've only seen that combo drop one time so far. They shoot me when the mod is inactive.

I made a video of the issue and while it's not the best (I probably didn't get enough footage of them being unable to shoot me but there is some) it should get the point across.

EDIT: @sarge945 it is definitely the Randomizer causing the issue. Deactivating it caused the hybrid to shoot me again.

https://streamable.com/yb9m4k
« Last Edit: 01. November 2023, 13:51:40 by Joe »

66ee31e605a10sarge945

66ee31e605a63
Something is very very very wrong with your install.

That shotgun guy you spawned isn't affected by randomiser at all. It only effects enemies already in the map. The randomisers delete themselves after you've been in the map for about a second, so there's absolutely no way they are affecting this.

Using your weird game install and strange secmod version is making this very hard to test. Does this issue happen with other shotgun hybrids? Does it happen when you use a proper fresh install, latest ss2tool, latest secmod and no weird add-ons?

I did a mostly complete secmod playthrough with this beta and never saw anything like this. It seems your frankensetup is making it hard to get good results.

« Last Edit: 02. November 2023, 02:59:41 by sarge945 »
66ee31e605c4b
I am sure it's something that I screwed up with, but I actually thought this particular install was good. It was brand new with the latest Secmod version as well as your beta.

Yes, the Shotgun Hybrids already in the map were affected as well. I don't know exactly how I have a bad install or frankensetup -- you would've been able to call it that with my last one, but under voodoo's advice, I put a brand new Steam installation on a separate drive and updated the game using SS2Tool 6.1.1.8 and then downloaded the latest Secmod, then your mod, and the other mods I have are just graphical stuff.

Attached is my modlist. You can see that I have the latest Secmod and your beta. My previous setup had the strange Secmod version, but not here.
[Screenshot 2023-11-01 101015.png expired]

66ee31e605d8fvoodoo47

66ee31e605de0
*checks the latest log* => Secmod_RebirthPatch => don't use old deprecated stuff.

anyway, clean install+latest tool+latest Secmod unmodified+Randomizer and nothing else, do you still observe the issue?
66ee31e6060ca
voodoo47I had some time to test and so loaded up my game and transitioned to the first part of Medical and ran into a Shotgun Hybrid who then shot me and this happened multiple times after wanting to see if it was a fluke. This is with everything active, so I am not sure what happened.

EDIT: in other words it seems to be working okay, IDK what was wrong with the hybrids that led me to think something was wrong but I will continue to see if it happens again.
« Last Edit: 01. November 2023, 15:21:21 by Joe »

66ee31e60637aZylonBane

66ee31e6063d2
Attached is my modlist.
You're using a very outdated version of 400.

66ee31e60655bvoodoo47

66ee31e6065a9
and Secmod Rebirthpatch out as mentioned.
66ee31e60678e
Well, it appears I was too hasty with my last post. Shotgun Hybrids are still misbehaving, but I've noticed a pattern -- the ones that don't fire their shotgun do not leave a shotgun or shell behind when they die as is custom in Secmod. The Shotgun Hybrids wandering the first part of Med/Sci shoot at me, but the ones in Engineering don't seem to.  :(

I am wondering if there's code somewhere that determines if a Shotgun Hybrid can fire if there's no shotgun or shell in its inventory? They do have a function where they can break their shotgun and can't fire it anymore, but I don't know if that's related. In a reverse of an earlier post, summoned Shotgun Hybrids DO shoot at me, and they drop both their shotgun and shells.

I wasn't sure where to post this since I made the mistake of accusing Secmod before, but I deactivated Secmod and the hybrid in my presence started shooting at me...

66ee31e60682fvoodoo47

66ee31e60687e
yes, their shotguns can break, then they should turn to melee.
66ee31e606eb7
I did a test and can confirm that the ones that do not fire on me don't leave a shotgun behind. That is not normal, AFAIK every Shotgun Hybrid drops a shotgun. I ran into two of them at the part where you install 45m/dEx and one fired on me and the other didn't. The one that fired on me dropped a shotgun, the one that didn't did not... what's the best course of action here?

66ee31e606fa9voodoo47

66ee31e606ffe
just to confirm, unmodified Secmod, no other mods loaded?
66ee31e6071c8
Nah, still my modified Secmod and the mods listed in the other thread (although I removed the mod that gives certain weapon models the high-poly arm, and added Max Yari's Reimagined Shotgun). I did test using an unmodified shocksec.gam that didn't seem to fix the issue although I'm wondering if that would've needed a new game to see a change with. Obviously, I'm no expert, but I am struggling to come up with a reason that any of the changes I made in the shocksec.game could've caused this.

I'm fairly certain that every previous version of Secmod I used has had Shotgun Hybrids drop a shotgun on death every single time, without fail. Is it possible something is causing some of them to not be equipped with a shotgun? Their model has the shotgun but they don't drop one... that has to be it. That's the only link I see between the ones that shoot and the ones that don't.

66ee31e60726fvoodoo47

66ee31e6072c3
see whether you can replicate the issue with just an unmodified Secmod active, nothing else.
66ee31e60749d
I did what you said, only ran Secmod (fresh and unmodified) by itself and things seemed to work. I then reactivated certain mods bit by bit, testing all the while, and the issue did not show back up until I turned the Randomizer back on.

I started a new game probably 4 or 5 times and made sure to save before transitioning between zones and the true culprit seems to be the Randomizer. I don't know the mechanics of how the Shotgun Hybrid is coded and how it functions, and I doubt it needs an actual gun in its inventory nor a shell in order to actually be used by the enemy itself, but the fact that the ones that don't shoot me do not drop either item has me wondering.

It sucks because I don't know how much clearer it can get. Mod on > Shotgun Hybrids don't fire... turn it off > those same hybrids now fire their shotgun at me. It's so unfortunate because the Randomizer has injected a new sense of exploratory wonder for me.

66ee31e607546sarge945

66ee31e607597
So is it all working now? My guess is Rebirth Patch was doing something funky.
« Last Edit: 02. November 2023, 03:07:56 by sarge945 »
66ee31e60776a
No, it's not all working. I have to wonder if it's related to the Randomizer affecting corpse content because without fail, the ones that don't shoot me drop nothing but an organ.

I mentioned that the Shotgun Hybrids that spawned in the first part of Med/Sci always shoot me, but the ones in the Research sector and then Engineering don't (one of them near 45m/dEx shoots me, though). Truly randomized!

The Secmod Rebirth patch was removed awhile ago and the issue persists, so unfortunately, it isn't that. I can also say that the issue is not my modified shocksec.gam as the issue is there with a vanilla mod folder. The rest are just graphics mods.

With ONLY Secmod (reminder that I have the latest Secmod version so it isn't some ancient, esoteric version like I had last time) and the Randomizer, the issue is there. With only Secmod, the issue is not. Is it possible mutliple archetypes of the Shotgun Hybrid are created with Randomizer? Maybe some spawn with just a shotgun that they use as an impromptu club?

66ee31e60781fsarge945

66ee31e60786d
Can you send me a save game where it's broken? As well as ss2.log from the same session?

I want to get to the bottom of this. I must solve it!
« Last Edit: 02. November 2023, 22:37:38 by Joe »

66ee31e607f0dsarge945

66ee31e607f62
Thanks, this was extremely useful for discovering the issue.

Shotgun Hybrids fixed now.

Fun fact: Disabling the ParticleGroup for a projectile (which was part of the "floating objects at 0,0,0 fix" in B2) also makes Secmod completely explode. Who knew?

1.2 Beta 3:
- Fixed broken Shotgun Hybrids in Secmod
- Added Missed Psi Hypo in medsci1 bulkhead
[Randomiser 1.2B3 - Full.7z expired]
[Randomiser 1.2B3 - Lite.7z expired]
[Randomiser 1.2B3 - Logs.7z expired]
[Randomiser 1.2B3 - No Spiders.7z expired]
[Randomiser 1.2B3 - No Swarms.7z expired]
[Randomiser 1.2B3 - Ops4 Key.7z expired]
[Randomiser 1.2B3 - RSD.7z expired]
[Randomiser 1.2B3 - Trash.7z expired]
« Last Edit: 03. November 2023, 00:29:41 by sarge945 »
66ee31e608091
What a relief it is that finally, an issue was not the result of my nonsense.

What was the issue? I tested an existing save in the vicinity of a Shotgun Hybrid and it didn't fire at me so I assume those that are loaded in the map are not affected, which is fine, gives me another reason to euthanize them

66ee31e608213sarge945

66ee31e608262
Yeah it will only work for new ones. May possible even require a new map.

I'm still a bit fuzzy on the finer details of exactly how Dark works here, but from my understanding, when ranged enemies are created, they get an AIProjectile. They essentially create the object they are going to be launching at the player. This object is usually created at the 0,0,0 point in a map, and is switched on and moved when they fire.

For some reason, when I was replacing the enemies, these projectiles at 0,0,0 would become visible (specifically only with Secmod for some reason, I still don't understand why), so I had to use a bit of a hack to make them invisible. In this case, I disabled the particle group for them, which seems to get automatically turned on again when they fire. So far so good. Works fine.

But for some additional reason, this would break the Hybrids shotgun projectile, which are already hidden using RenderType 1, so I had to add an additional check to only disable the particle group if the RenderType is 0 (Render Normally).

This definitely feels like I am hacking the engine and making it do things it doesn't want to do, but everything should be okay, hopefully. This is why we have betas I guess.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a ____, immortal machine? (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
There is no "top" to the World-Wide Web. You can look at it from many points of view. If you have no other bias, here are some ways of looking for information.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66ee31e60a662