66f88e2d2412f
2 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8 [obsolete]
Page: « 1 ... 24 [25] 26 ... 36 »
Read 204606 times  

66f88e2d24690voodoo47

Re: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8
66f88e2d246eb
did you, by any chance, do a quicksave&quickload while cooling down from an overcharged shot? try upgrading the gun. if that won't help, all you can do is reload an older save, where the pistol is still working..
66f88e2d2482c
I haven't been using quicksaves the entire run, actually; using normal saves. And unfortunately I had saved later, before I knew about what had gone wrong (I switched to a different weapon to take out a certain special threat, and had already saved by the time I pulled out the laser pistol and discovered the problem).

Guess I'll look around for another one, then.

66f88e2d24a77Enchantermon

66f88e2d24ad2
As voodoo said, you can also try modifying the pistol and see if that fixes it.

66f88e2d24ba0faarwharbl

66f88e2d24bee
The same sounding thing happened to me . I figure it is a bug introduced by the fix for spamming overcharged shots.

It happened to me in engineering I had two laser pistols set on overcharge, firing once switching to the second and firing again to purge protocol droids. Before I returned to the engine core the one in the best condition (I know right) would not work. I just ditched it and carried on.

66f88e2d24d3fNameless Voice

66f88e2d24d93
I thought I fixed that?  Even if one gets jammed, it should be fixed by saving/reloading or changing maps?

Try dropping this version of NVScript into the mod:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134166

(Make sure to use the SS2 version.)

66f88e2d24e44voodoo47

66f88e2d24e96
loaded secmod, and confirming, it is indeed the saving&loading-during-cooldown-busts-the-laspistol bug. it has already been reported in the ADAOB topic.

edit: the new nvscript will prevent the issue from happening, but will not fix an already broken savegame.
« Last Edit: 05. July 2011, 14:01:48 by voodoo47 »

66f88e2d24ff1faarwharbl

66f88e2d25043
I'm still playing through secmod haven't finished yet, I thought I'd let you know of some bugs I have found:

-With Naturally able you can get infinite cyber modules if you have >9 by spending then undoing at upgrade units
-After modifying a weapon to reduce ammo consumption if you load it with less than the capacity the ammo count is doubled when loaded into the weapon (noticed on fusion cannon)
-Repairing skill doesn't fix destroyed turrets after putting the top on and repairing it stays as searchable using an auto repair unit works though (seen on ops sector 3)
-am i supposed to be seeing debug messages? i equipped the worm heart iimplant for the first time ever and the message "NVspy: timer on player [number] from [zero]" repeats infinitely
-i'm not sure if this is a bug or an artefact of the altered animations but the spanner has a an area to the right where it doesn't register as collision (you swing through enemies) making melee even more useless

i think i'd enjoy secmod more if i didn't pick OSA and impossible :dead:

edit: i forgot one
« Last Edit: 10. July 2011, 12:53:57 by faarwharbl »

66f88e2d250e0Nameless Voice

66f88e2d2512c
Evil undo button.  That'll be fixed in any new version.

66f88e2d251daSimmons

66f88e2d2524c
Is this mod at all compatible with the summon_obj command? if so, can someone message me the listof objects? i have already beat the game, so im gonna cheat a little    :P
66f88e2d253ac
I'm not sure what's gone wrong here, but the repair skill is not living up to its advertised usefulness. I've successfully done repair jobs on slug/laser turrets, batteries, and just now the feedback loop problem in Ops. I say "successfully" only in the sense that the repair process completed successfully; the objects and systems I've repaired remain broken. All that changes about them is that they are no longer able to be repaired.

Is this a known issue, or is it something I've done incorrectly?
66f88e2d254de
First, I want to say I'm loving this Mod! Way to breathe some new life into my favorite Looking Glass game..

Question: I just cleared the Engineering level and never found the Security Key. (For that little side room at the checkpoint with two turrets halfway to the shuttle bay)
Is this a bug or did I just miss it somewhere?
66f88e2d255be
Sorry guys, I meant to post this under Secmod 2.8. Could a moderator please move it for me?
66f88e2d256f0
Sure can do. Fasten your seatbelts.
66f88e2d257cb
Nevermind! I found it.. quite well hidden I must say..

66f88e2d258a0That Fur In Camo

66f88e2d258ec
I seem to be running into a few minor problems with the game,

-        Debug messages seem to pop up usually when hacking/repairing (E.G. Debug Changed from 0 to 0 Debug Changed from 0 to 5)
     -        The Feedback loop in Ops doesn't seem to Fix when it is repaired,

aside from these problems I simply love this mod

P.S. I collect blown up Hybrid Heads
66f88e2d25ac0
Hi Guys,

I've recently blown the dust off my copy of SS2 and had another crack at it.  I've had a few problems with crashing and corrupted save files, but otherwise I've been able to play.  I recently installed Secmod 2.8, but when I start a new game it crashed immediately after it finishes loading.  I hear a clanging sound, which I assume is the train stopping, but then it's just black screen and crash.  I followed these steps when installing:

Copy the Shock folder from the CD to my games directory
Installed SS2Tool into said folder
Installed SS2MM into the game folder
Installed the mod using SS2MM
Activated the mod

I've tried some of the fixes found in these forums, such as checking that I have a 'current' folder (I do), and a number of other things (including re-installation) but I just can't get it to work.  I'm really hoping that one or more of you wonderful people here might be able to help me out with this, it's quite frustrating.

Thanks in advance!
66f88e2d25c6a
So does the game run reliably now before installing Secmod? Doesn't sound like it from your description. You'll have to sort that out first, it's unlikely Secmod itself causes the crash. Which makes this a Helpdesk topic. I might move it there later.
Try this: Copy another shock folder, run the SS2Tool, then see what happens when starting the game. If there's a problem check the Troubleshooting tips in the SS2 Tech FAQ.
If you cannot get the game to run reliably at all, describe the problem as specifically as possible, including what you tried and give your system specs.
66f88e2d25ddb
Hi Kolya,

Thanks for the response.  Although it seemed like Secmod was the problem, it may have only highlighted the real issue.  After a bit of searching I found this http://au.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/systemshock2/show_msgs.php?pid=185706&topic_id=m-1-58168303.  The post at the bottom has the solution I was looking for.

66f88e2d25ef4
Glad you got it working. That guy is referring to this post in the SS2Tool thread by the way.
66f88e2d2605e
Having a problem when I get to the bulkhead on the command deck, right after Shodan has decided to destroy the Von Braun and tells you to go get the Ops override card. Game crashes no matter WHAT I do...

But get this - if I load the auto-save, my character's inventory, nanites, cybermodules, psi-skills, emails/logs/notes AND stats are all wiped clean... but I can go through the bulkhead.

Only solution I can think of is to drop all my inventory near the offending bulkhead, then use the cheat console to give myself back what I can't leave behind like keycards and nanites and enough modules to reset my stats.

Help?

66f88e2d2619dRecon-Unit 1

66f88e2d261f2
I've just reached Ops Deck. I'm surprised by the lack of Auto-Repair units as I encountered only 3 even less of the Ice Picks as early grafter upgrades to my armor or implants would have been useful (Playing on hard difficulty first time) but so far it's enjoyable.

I'm curious to ask but when I played the earlier release, of this didn't some of the mechanical enemies (Maintenance and Turrets) have their own research items ? If they didn't, could they be added in later ? Some random loot drops from those annoying suicide droids would be preferable too. Also encountering that Ops Repair Puzzle Bug. Repaired the wall panel on the first floor then repaired the computer device upstairs with the hole in the floor, after that, nothing. I figured I could try and get a enemy to open one of those and somehow glitched a cyborg ninja inside a those locked rooms but even that didn't crack one of those loop doors open. Unless there are more repairable puzzles OUTSIDE of the Server Admin room that I'm suppose to find and repair also ?

Also wondering if more weapons are going to be added ? A rare heavy duty black-ops pistol perhaps ? I could try and work up some crude low poly model or something.
« Last Edit: 02. October 2011, 03:08:45 by Recon-Unit 1 »
66f88e2d26307
Just noting that I had trouble with the feedback 'problem', I repaired the circuit and nothing changed. Only returning later (after collecting an autorepair unit from my stash) was I able to access the various goodies nearby.

Is this working as intended, or is this an error?

SecMod 2.7 with patches for Rebirth and the Com6 error (ShTUp not running at the moment).

66f88e2d263bfKestilla

66f88e2d2640b
Will this mod ever support multiplayer?  It always bugs out when entering Engineering, which is a shame because I consider this to be the most fun, most complete mod of any of them.  It feels like I'm missing something big when I play with some of the others.

66f88e2d26674Fironkkuify

66f88e2d266c9
Will this mod ever support multiplayer?  It always bugs out when entering Engineering, which is a shame because I consider this to be the most fun, most complete mod of any of them.  It feels like I'm missing something big when I play with some of the others.

Yeah I noticed that to.  Me and my buddy kept trying to enter Engineering (and doing a few tricks to see if it was a problem with loading since we ran into random crashes before) and it would load to Engineering with the text "Waiting for other players" and stay like that, indicating that it froze.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

TriOptimum counter-terrorism consultant Rebecca ____ (Fill in the last name):
2 Guests are here.
London can be fucken nasty, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66f88e2d27c65