66f8cae4d699c
24 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8 [obsolete]
Page: « 1 ... 23 [24] 25 ... 36 »
Read 204806 times  

66f8cae4d6f2eNameless Voice

Re: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8
66f8cae4d6f9c
Trait == O/S Upgrade.  Get them from the 4 O/S Upgrade Units scattered around the ship.

66f8cae4d7066Notwenjc

66f8cae4d70b9
Found the first one no problem, but is there a guide to where the other keycards have been relocated. I'm not looking for spoilers just a general hint so i'm not having to back track a full desk looking for them. 

66f8cae4d73eeThiefsieFool

66f8cae4d7448
If you mean the Medsci keycards then here they are

1 - close to the ceiling in the first room with a keycard slot, i think you found this one
2 - inside a cryotube, not the cryotubes at the very start of the game, but soon after that
3,4 - easy to find inside desks (the second Medsci level)

66f8cae4d7518Notwenjc

66f8cae4d7567
Wow, i'm enjoying this mod. Amazing to think that this improves what is one of the best PC games of all time. 

Cheers, for that just what I was looking for. Have the key cards on the later decks moved much. If so are they easy to spot ? Might need the same help with them. 

66f8cae4d7610ThiefsieFool

66f8cae4d765d
I'm glad you enjoy it, for the cards just keep an eye out for places like underneath metal grills or window sills in the later levels, most haven't moved very far.

66f8cae4d7741Pistachios

66f8cae4d778c
Hi, I have a simple question.

I have never played SS2 and I was just wondering if I should use this mod on my first play through. I have downloaded other mods, but only the ones that improve the quality and don't change the game play (such as SHTUP and SHMUP). This looks like a really great mod. I just want to know if I should play the original game first and save this mod for a second play through.

I hope this wasn't asked before; I didn't really feel like reading all 24 pages in this thread.

Thanks for all your help!

66f8cae4d7820Nameless Voice

66f8cae4d786b
I'd say save it for your second playthrough.  It changes a lot, makes the game much harder, etc.
66f8cae4d79b0
Mods that are intended for later playthroughs are tagged as "veteran", such as this one. See the top of the first post.

66f8cae4d7a85Notwenjc

66f8cae4d7ad1
I fully agree with the above. You should really play SS2 in its original form at least once. That way you can understand why this is still hailed as one the best games ever. After which you’ll appreciate the changes this mod makes even more.
Also Nameless is right the mod dose make the game much harder. You’re going to need the practice. Trust me I’ve completed this game many, many times. But with this mod I have died repeatedly, it’s marvellous.

66f8cae4d7bb0Notwenjc

66f8cae4d7bfc
Just a quick question, may be spoiler.

In the med/sci deck above the upgrade units there are two computer terminals. The first opens the cryo tube so you can get the key card. The second is in the room on the otherside. The end unit of a row of terminals can be hacked. But nothing appears to happen if you do so. Dose it do anything ? 

66f8cae4d7ca8EAX on ATI high def audio

66f8cae4d7cf3
Does this mod still have that wierd looking left arm carrying the minigun like in the youtube video?

I think all guns in system shock 2 shouldnt show the left arm, to show consistancy (plus it looks kinda ugly).

Great mod, though.
66f8cae4d7e03
I have encountered a number of issues when playing the mod. First it won’t let me use anti-toxin hypos or anti-radiation and the security cameras do not make a sound if I m spotted and there is no hologram of the spinning man the bio-reconstruction thingies. Any suggestions?
66f8cae4d7ed8
This is very cool
66f8cae4d7fad
It is ok now i started a new game and it is fine.

66f8cae4d8085Fironkkuify

66f8cae4d80d0
This mod was simply quite amazing, that being an understatement.  It takes the original game and improves it even further and that my friend is a feat not so easily done.  If there ever was a remake of System Shock 2, features from this mod simply MUST be included.  It would take System Shock 2's many possibilities even further and I can't even begin to explain just how much of a great impact it'd have.

But to make a long story short, excellent work.  A real masterpiece.  X3
66f8cae4d83ce
Just a quick question, may be spoiler.

In the med/sci deck above the upgrade units there are two computer terminals. The first opens the cryo tube so you can get the key card. The second is in the room on the otherside. The end unit of a row of terminals can be hacked. But nothing appears to happen if you do so. Dose it do anything ? 

Was this answered somewhere else? I was curious about that, too.

66f8cae4d861eThiefsieFool

66f8cae4d8674
Was this answered somewhere else? I was curious about that, too.

I looked it up but I didn't make it do anything interesting.. it just toggles a light right now.
However there's a similar setup in the last level of the Rickenbacker (with the escape pod), except that terminal when hacked will auto-hack every turret and camera in the level, like a master security terminal.

66f8cae4d8723LeviathanChiken1

66f8cae4d8779
I ran into a problem getting ahold of the Hydro D access card fromt he rumbler, as soon as i kill it and pick it up it doesnt count towards my access cards any ideas?

66f8cae4d881bLevichiken

66f8cae4d8868
I would not recommend this mod to anyone because of the imbalances espesically with melee attackers.

66f8cae4d88eeNameless Voice

66f8cae4d8939
"Imbalances"?
66f8cae4d8a16
I assume he means that the hybrids are too fast. I also found them a bit too hard, but it's not an imbalance.

66f8cae4d8a9cNameless Voice

66f8cae4d8ae7
Yes, I agree that they're annoyingly fast, but imbalance is a strange term.
66f8cae4d8c90
Found a bug, not sure if it's been reported already. All of a sudden, my laser pistol stopped working.

About a quarter of the way through ops, jumped into bulkhead 43 and shot about a half dozen critters in there, then my laser pistol completely gives out, and makes electrical short-circuit noises when I attempt to fire it. It's at full charge (210), durability 5, and definitely not jammed. Nothing I did made it work again -- re-recharging it; dropping it and picking it back up; reloading the game; dropping it, saving and reloading, then picking it back up; attempting in desperation to use an auto-repair unit... the thing just won't shoot, in either fire mode.

I tested the other guns and weapons I had equipped, and they all work fine. It's just my laser pistol doing this. I suppose I could always find another one to use, but imagine if this bug had happened with one of the new or ultra-rare weapons -- this bug might stop a playthrough in its tracks.

Is there any information, documentation or files you'd like to have regarding this? The only mod I'm running atm is Secmod; I had SHTUP beta 6 and Crion's Impossible MP turned on before, but they were both deemed incompatible with Secmod and I turned them off through the mod manager before playing your mod.
66f8cae4d8da2
Not sure what's up with the pistol but you can use SHTUP as a base for SecMod. See SS2 mod compatibility.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a perfect, _____ machine? (Fill in the missing word):
24 Guests are here.
MY TOE IS AN EGGPLANT
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66f8cae4dbe2d