66f88fbba95ac

66f88fbba9ca4
14 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8 [obsolete]
Page: « 1 ... 25 [26] 27 ... 36 »
Read 204624 times  

Re: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8
66f88fbbaa374
Changed to Secmod 2.8 from 2.7 and restarted.

Now I also cannot repair turrets (can hack them ok) successful repair leaves a 'broken' turret without function.
The localised feedback is working as expected without trouble (two steps).
The Elevator-puzzle didn't work either on the second go (after reloading the section) - the direction wasn't reversed as on the first attempt. Not a problem as it isn't necessary to fix it to get up, but still not correct.
Issues with Cyber-mesh and not being invisible to security, it worked for a bit, then was hit&miss. I gave up on it and leaded up a suit of heavy armour.

Liked the changes to where-am-I? Glitching cyber-assassins, the 'crates' and the Showdown. Made a mess of my inventory and what I brought from Rickenbacker > Many > WAI, but had enough to deal with the problem (PSI use made up for the lack of ammunition/no heavy weapons).
66f88fbbaa491
The wormheart(?) anti-toxin implant brought the performance down to zero framerate inside the BotM, so I ditched it and had acceptable speed. A continual stream of debug messages were visible.
66f88fbbaa75b
Is this version of the laser pistol as stand-alone weapon mod available?
Image: http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9034/screenshot9b.jpg

Or did I miss something? :D

Regards Wrench

Wow in August 2009 - long time ago^^ Maybe there is now a way to get the laser as a stand-alone mod? Of course I tried the Tacticool laser bit its blue and it hase only the small beam^^ :D
66f88fbbaa957
Pretty sure that's the regular Tacticool laser gun on overload setting.

EDIT: If that isn't it yet, try adding the Secmod fix for the laser pistol to the regular laser pistol. It contains only a red texture and a weapon model.

EDIT2: However it may be that TF changes the gun models on the fly for overload via the gamesys, in which case no exact standalone model is possible. You could still overwrite the blue texture and model though to always have a red gun.
« Last Edit: 22. November 2011, 19:28:07 by Kolya »
66f88fbbaaadb
***Found a fix for the aforementioned bulkhead crash***

Step 1: Drop EVERYTHING in inventory, including armor and implants, but NOT INSIDE the bulkhead area.  An ideal location would be the lobby area after you leave the tram.

Step 2: Go through the Command bulkhead. The game will not crash IF you have *absolutely nothing* in your inventory AND there were no items in the bulkhead.

Step 3: Go back through the bulkhead to the previous area. Pick up and re-equip all the stuff you dropped; now is a good time to re-organize things.

*You may now go through the Command bulkhead without any further problems.*

What exactly the problem is, I have no ****ing idea, I'm only a very amateur DromEditor. Hopefully this can put someone more knowledgeable on the right track to fixing it.

Also: Lieste's error with not being able to fix the feedback loop can be worked around by saving and then reloading, or going back through a bulkhead and returning. Some kind of trigger isn't firing properly.

66f88fbbaad61Nameless Voice

66f88fbbaadb7
EDIT2: However it may be that TF changes the gun models on the fly for overload via the gamesys, in which case no exact standalone model is possible. You could still overwrite the blue texture and model though to always have a red gun.

This.  The model changing depending on weapon mode is a SecMod feature, requiring gamesys changes and custom scripts.

66f88fbbaae6fDelta41

66f88fbbaae9c
Sorry to bug everyone that knows what they are doing, (eq, everyone but me), but, any news on SHEMP and SECMOD affiliating?

Feel free to bash me over the head with a psi-amp for bringing up an ancient request.

66f88fbbaafd9Delta41

66f88fbbab025
Also, weird bug (will post screenies later). Not sure what happened, but suddenly I can't access the 'right clicks' in my SS2. Normal weapons, nothing, new weapons, nothing. Items, nothing.. For reference to those that are more intelligent, here's my mod list as of now:

{ } ADoB
{ } Ejecting Brass
{X} Secmod fix for tacticool laser pistol
{X} SHTUP Beta 6
{X} PSI Amp v2
{} Rebirth Midwife Skin
{X} Kolya's Loading Screen
{X} Rebirth 02 (Is that how it's supposed to show up?) (First Mod Loaded)
{X} ss2_schatten_shmup1.1
{X} SecMod Rebirth (loaded after Secmod Main. 3rd to be loaded)
{X} ss2_tf_secmod_2.8 (Second mod loaded)
{X} tacticool assault rifle
{X} " Grenade Launcher
{X} " Laser Pistol
{X} " Shotgun
{X} " wrench fix (loaded after secmod and tacticool wrench)
{X} " wrench
{X} Vurt's flora overhaul

Side note, I summoned the new weapons with the console. It was after that, it seems, that this whole ordeal went tango uniform. Several restarts have not fixed this.

Advice?

66f88fbbab1b9Delta41

66f88fbbab206
Thanks, and I was wondering what keybind fix was in the tools menu.  :rolleyes:

Forgive me, I'm only a moron 65% of the time.
66f88fbbab2d6
Don't worry about it, it's a very common bug.
66f88fbbab3fe
Actually it seemed the 'problem' was that 'fixing' the feedback loop is a two stage problem - fixing the loop is only part of it - forcing the loop to be used is also required.
<Spoiler>Hint, Break something...</Spoiler>
66f88fbbab534
Is Engineering the only deck with the multiplayer issue where you end up "waiting for other players", or does other decks have the same problem?

I understand it is possible to get past engineering in multiplayer by using a non secmod version, even if it may cause other problems. I am worried that other decks may have the same issue too tho', and I may just end up causing a mess.

Also, seeing how this does not occur before engineering, perhaps someone knows what the problem is? Perhaps it could be fixed without changing too much?

66f88fbbab5c6ndimension

66f88fbbab638
What mods is the Snecmod 2.8 compatibile with?
66f88fbbab7a7
See my answer to your thread here.
66f88fbbab8c0
Strange when ever I use this mod I keep being shown debug messages and also when using the wormheart implant I can a spam off messages saying "NVSpy: "Timer" on Player (56) from (0)"
66f88fbbabb7a
That's one of Nameless Voice's scripts which TF used there. The bug was mentioned earlier on this page by Lieste too.
The fix for now is not to use the wormheart.

66f88fbbabe12ThiefsieFool

66f88fbbabe7e
Weird thing is I checked out the version from the main post and there's no NVSpy script on implants or on the player.

66f88fbbabf17Nameless Voice

66f88fbbabf63
Maybe an old version of the mod?

66f88fbbabffaThiefsieFool

66f88fbbac049
Just in case you can try this script file, it might
« Last Edit: 29. February 2012, 12:30:18 by Nameless Voice, Reason: Attached scripts »
66f88fbbac1ec
I found out it doesn't spam any messages as long as the wormheart isn't powered, so when in your inventory it has no percentage number on top of the icon. The way I worked around it was by taking it out of my inventory when recharge at a charging station, this was tedious especially when I forgot to take it out but stopped the unholy spam off the "beep" sound effect and the messages which pop up rapidly. Also when I moved about or hit something it would also give a message about colliding on player or something like that. Also I tried the script but it doesn't work but thank you for supplying it.

66f88fbbac2a0Nameless Voice

66f88fbbac2f1
It "doesn't work"?
66f88fbbac531
It "doesn't work"?

Yes, it doesn't work in the sense that it doesn't prevent the spam off messages when the wormheart implant is powerd.

66f88fbbac5ebThiefsieFool

66f88fbbac642
The wormheart implant isn't supposed to be powered, I made all the worm implants work without requiring power since you have to research them, but looks like the recharger will power them anyway and that's bugging out something in the player scripts.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

In which year was System Shock 2 released:
14 Guests are here.
Come on darling, give us a smile
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66f88fbbaf4df