66f875f1be6d0

66f875f1bee7a
17 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8 [obsolete]
Page: « 1 ... 26 [27] 28 ... 36 »
Read 204580 times  

Re: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8
66f875f1bf620
The wormheart implant isn't supposed to be powered, I made all the worm implants work without requiring power since you have to research them, but looks like the recharger will power them anyway and that's bugging out something in the player scripts.

But it also glitches and powers other anniled implants, the only different the wormheart implant is the only one which causes the spam off messages

66f875f1bf746SoldierG65434-2

66f875f1bf798
So I've run into the same problem twice now. At first I though it was just a random occurrence but now that it's killed to runs I'm seeking help. I'm assuming that it's SecMod related because that the major mod I'm running.   

There comes a point where I cannot use items from the inventory. Right-Click stops working. What's weirder is that I just finished up a Tech/Standard (my usual build). The on;y thing I'm doing different is playing a Psi build. I've tried clean installing and the problem still happens, first in Engineering and then in Hydro.

66f875f1bfa0dSoldierG65434-2

66f875f1bfa59
Yep, sure enough was.

I just brought it up here because I had literally just finished my Tech/Standard run with no issues and then ran into the problem with Psi/Energy.

66f875f1bfb2dinfrabaron

66f875f1bfb7a
does anyone know what the annelid serum does?  found it somewhere in medsci or engineering looks like an orange hypo.  when i rightclick it prints MM

i am neck deep in my secmod run and loving it by the way, i drowned a rumbler in hydroponics but operations is just tearing me to bits.  the speed increases to hybrids are crazy but disintegrating them with laser rapier is v. rewarding.  also, midwives have trouble hitting crouched targets.

66f875f1bff7bThiefsieFool

66f875f1bffd6
does anyone know what the annelid serum does?  found it somewhere in medsci or engineering looks like an orange hypo.  when i rightclick it prints MM

i am neck deep in my secmod run and loving it by the way, i drowned a rumbler in hydroponics but operations is just tearing me to bits.  the speed increases to hybrids are crazy but disintegrating them with laser rapier is v. rewarding.  also, midwives have trouble hitting crouched targets.

That item is used in inventory combinations, you can find those in the readme. Good to know you're having fun.

66f875f1c00b1Punchgroin

66f875f1c00ff
Completely bawss mod man, I approve of every decision made here. However, I seem to be at an impasse on Ops. I cant seem to get that dang feedback loop fixed, even though I repaired the circuits (or whatever, since all I see is black empty nothingness with "solve feedback loop" in the text box.) No matter how many times I click, I cant seem to "solve feedback loop" am I missing something here?

66f875f1c0338ThiefsieFool

66f875f1c038c
Completely bawss mod man, I approve of every decision made here. However, I seem to be at an impasse on Ops. I cant seem to get that dang feedback loop fixed, even though I repaired the circuits (or whatever, since all I see is black empty nothingness with "solve feedback loop" in the text box.) No matter how many times I click, I cant seem to "solve feedback loop" am I missing something here?

Thanks, I think people had some luck with that part by leaving the level and coming back, or saving and reloading, something like that could help. When you fix it it's supposed to light up and all the doors will unlock.

66f875f1c052bPunchgroin

66f875f1c0580
I actually sort of cheated and got an assassin to open all the doors for me, so all I'm missing out on is the replicator ;) One of my favorite things about classic PC gaming is coming back every couple of years to see what new goodies the mod community has come up with. Between you, Vurt, Shtup, Rebirth, and Tacticool we basically have a SS2 HD remake on our hands.

I only have 1 teenie tiny suggestion for if you ever make a new version of Secmod - When you upgrade the firing speed on the Laser Pistol, the overcharge shot still makes that same slow sound effect for recharging the shot. (even though the overcharge *is* firing much faster now) It shouldn't be too much trouble to remove that or replace it with an accurate recharge s/e should it?

I also seem to be getting a lot of crashes when I hit the *read unread log* button, and when I hit the elevator button. (where I keep a lot of junk, including some secmod-only gear, like upgraded armor and the cyber-mesh, and that *crazy*fast speed boost implant)

Still crashes less than it did when I was running vista ;)

Also gotta say, I love what you have done with the assassin and spider scripts. Those damn spiders in particular have been driving me bat****. Thank god I have a metric @&^%ton of buckshot pellets stashed up, with the firing speed increase and a double barreled shot on my shottie ;)

66f875f1c0631TheCisco1357

66f875f1c065d
Can you make a compatible version of HiTorque Med/Sci map with this cool mod?
So, I have try it and it is very nice, I love the laser pistol that change the color from to blue to red  :D
Good work

66f875f1c06e9OmegaDeath

66f875f1c0738
Freaking loved every second of it.. played with a buddy..

66f875f1c08faFironkkuify

66f875f1c094b
Freaking loved every second of it.. played with a buddy..

Wait what?  You played SecMod with a buddy?  I sure hope you mean he just happened to be watching.  I don't think co-op is possible past MedSci when it comes to SecMod. =Z

66f875f1c09dcOmegaDeath

66f875f1c0a2b
we played up to engineering.
i have also finished it twice already.

66f875f1c0aadOmegaDeath

66f875f1c0af7
I mean.. finished alone.
66f875f1c0c06
Coming back to SS2 after a hiatus of a few months, I discover that I am invulnerable in all my saves. I have a marine, navy and OSA save, and in all of them I can stand around getting whacked endlessly by a pipe hybrid without effect, and I sound like one of those unbreakable windows whenever I'm hit.

What gives? I never cheated while playing so why am I suddenly unkillable?
66f875f1c0d8f
I'm not sure this is related to Secmod. Did you try starting a new game?

66f875f1c0e3cMedevila

66f875f1c0e88
Does this include the terrain textures from ADaoB? On that note, does it contain everything from ADaoB?

66f875f1c10bcFironkkuify

66f875f1c110e
Coming back to SS2 after a hiatus of a few months, I discover that I am invulnerable in all my saves. I have a marine, navy and OSA save, and in all of them I can stand around getting whacked endlessly by a pipe hybrid without effect, and I sound like one of those unbreakable windows whenever I'm hit.

What gives? I never cheated while playing so why am I suddenly unkillable?

You sure you or someone else didn't type in the command for god-mode before or during that hiatus?

If not, then that is indeed a very strange bug to say the least...may even justify a re-installation depending on the circumstances.
66f875f1c1332
Does this include the terrain textures from ADaoB? On that note, does it contain everything from ADaoB?
ADaoB has very few terrain textures. TF included everything from ADaoB he wanted in SecMod (except for the monitor textures which came later). The two mods are incompatible.

66f875f1c143eMedevila

66f875f1c148d
Alright. I had used ADaoB on my last playthrough, but looking at the date on the OP, I think SecMod might have been out at the time.

P.S., Kolya you're so damn helpful <3  :D
66f875f1c160a
Found out a fix for the repair jobs not working right (Feedback problem/turret repair/etc.); before you go to do the repair job, save your game and then load that save. Make sure if you're trying to repair a turret that you've put the lid back on it before saving.

I think switching bulkheads is what causes the repairing bug, but I haven't completely tested the phenomenon to say with certainty.

Any word on if this is fixable without needing a reload, TF?

66f875f1c16c0Nameless Voice

66f875f1c1710
Sounds like something buggy with one of the scripts, probably that annoying object status watcher that tended to bug out from time to time.

A save where the issue could be reproduced easily might be handy.
66f875f1c181b
Where can I find information on the advanced inventory combinations made possible with the Tinker trait? The readme attached to the OP doesn't have any useful info on that.

66f875f1c1a6fThiefsieFool

66f875f1c1ad0
Where can I find information on the advanced inventory combinations made possible with the Tinker trait? The readme attached to the OP doesn't have any useful info on that.

They're in there just a bit hard to spot, use a search function to find "Require the Tinker trait"

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Who's your favourite artificial intelligence:
17 Guests are here.
don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66f875f1c4f06