66f970cd06446

66f970cd072bd
2 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8 [obsolete]
Page: « 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 36 »
Read 205325 times  

Re: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8
66f970cd0783a
I have found out the bug. It happens when you activate/deactivate Secmod several times. As I noticed, program doesn't delete all files and folders during deactivation and after repeated activation the mod is not activated actually, bugs appear. I reinstalled the game and added all the mods one by one activating them. And it works fine now. Maybe I mistake, of course, but I don't want to try to reactivate Secmod once again...
The Secmod is awesome, by the way :)

66f970cd07964DoomFruit

66f970cd079b7
I have found another bug. When I create swarm ammo for my viral proliferator by filling beakers with swarm pod organs in my inventory, it gives me some unholy huge amount of ammunition (several thousand) per organ. Ordinarily, I thought that the weapon would cost a few hundred units of ammo to fire a shot, but the viral proliferator holds 8 swarm shots and costs 2 to fire a cloud of flies out. I've checked the ammo count in my inventory and it has decreased by two to something just under 200000.

My setup is a 2.1 installation which was played up to the end of Hydro, at which point I installed the 2.2 patch and continued playing (bad idea?)

66f970cd07c84ThiefsieFool

66f970cd07cda

[obsolete attachment removed]
« Last Edit: 02. March 2010, 16:00:37 by Kolya »

66f970cd07df7Saarela

66f970cd07e45
Hi.

The current 2.2 7z package seems to be faulty, since it has in it a file which is set as read only. The file is faucet.gif. This causes the modmanager not to work correctly when dealing with this mod. Also, there are some Thumbs.db files in the archive which should not be there, since Thumbs.db is a cache for image thumbails in Windows. They are hidden system files and specific to system. Also the mod.ini states that the version is 2.1, although this doesn't matter much.

After I removed the read-only attribute from faucet.gif, deleted all Thumb.db files and recreated the archive, I got the package working on my machine with the modmanager.

Hope this helps those who have problems.
66f970cd07f97
Updated the mod to version 2.3 with the gam file provided by TF.
I also took the tips by Saarela into account.
Cumulative patch is also available.
66f970cd080d6
ok, another thing for thinking: I installed Secmod and when I entered the Chemical Storeroom there was a granade hybrid. Obviously, he was trying to shoot me with his granade launcher, but the weapon was invisible and there was no shooting actually. When I killed him, he had a granade launcher in his inventory. I haven't met shotgun hybrids yet, but smth tells me they will have the same bug...
Besides, when I install Crion's Impossible MP mod, this hybrid in the Chemicals disappears. When i enter the room I just feel that smth prevents me from coming near the corpse of a man. But this something doesn't hit me. It seems like an invisible column standing in the room...
66f970cd081a9
Crion's mod replaces shock2.gam. They're not compatible.

66f970cd08261Barbach

« Last Edit: 28. September 2008, 20:58:02 by Barbach »

66f970cd083c6miracle.flame

66f970cd08423
baaaaaad question )))
66f970cd0852e
"Crion's mod replaces shock2.gam. They're not compatible."
Thanks for the tip.
Well, all seems to be normal now except that hybrid in the chemicals room on the Med level. Though it is not crucial...

66f970cd085b2Barbach

66f970cd085fd
Are bots hackable with this mod ?

66f970cd086baThiefsieFool

66f970cd08706
use 'summon_obj og-gl' and tell me if the spawned hybrid is also missing its launcher

if he does you must be missing NVScript.osm which is present in every patch and powers half the mod's features, i don't know how that could happen though

And no, hackable bots are overpowered as is the hack skill already

66f970cd08913Barbach

66f970cd08966
And no, hackable bots are overpowered as is the hack skill already

Yeah I'm a coward so what ?! :D

66f970cd08a20Mr Rayford

66f970cd08ab5
Alright, I can't find the 4th vial of Toxin A. I found all the ones in Hydro B/C. Can someone point me in the right direction (or outright tell me) of the 4th.

Also, while hackable bots are overpowed, ther so damn fun.

66f970cd08b70ThiefsieFool

66f970cd08bbe
if you want fun with bots then use the scramble grenades on them, it's balanced because they make the bots hostile against everything including the player

66f970cd08cc6TigerNightmare

66f970cd08d2e
I'm also in Hydroponics and looking for the 4th toxin vial, combing visualwalkthroughs.com and wandering the halls.  I'm sure I'll find it, I don't think I've even found a 4th envirothingy yet.

But I'm in Sector D and I've found that area with the broken EMP rifle and the flamethrower fuel.  If I break the windows there, I can get to this pool of nasty liquid that has the power armor (previously found on the dead woman nearby) and some cybernetic modules at the bottom.  I know because I've jumped in and died.  Is there a way to drain this goo or make it non-lethal, or are ya just messin with us?

66f970cd08deaThiefsieFool

66f970cd08e40
I'm messing with you because the power armor is pretty good now, you can still get it you'll just get burned a bit. Well unless you're playing impossible, then you won't have enough HP to pull it off most likely but that's fine since impossible is supposed to leave you with less gear to pick up anyway.
66f970cd08f9d
"use 'summon_obj og-gl' and tell me if the spawned hybrid is also missing its launcher"
Tell me, please, where and how to use it. And I have NVScript.osm, btw.
I also noticed some odds with modifications. My modify skill was 2. When I had modified my pistol twice, I still had one modification possible, which required skill 2. But I got a messge "This weapon cannot be mofifed any further". It seems that this feature came from original version and prevents implementing more than 2 modifications. Does anyone except me has this bug?

66f970cd09038ThiefsieFool

66f970cd0908e
in the console that you open with shift+;
that's not a bug it's fully intended, 2 mods is more than enough

66f970cd092cbTigerNightmare

66f970cd0932b
I think that there should be some sort of spawn limiting in both this and adaob.  I don't know if it's possible, but, I know that there's supposed to be an official number of crew compliment for the Von Braun and Rickenbacker and with all the bodies, the four body bags, it's just annoying and takes me out of the game when I can see hybrids and protocol droids and whatever spawning in a pixelated swirl of mist before my eyes in a not so discreet area.

It reminds me of being stuck at a jump point in Privateer 2 and just wanting to move onto the next one and then more pirates jump in.  Again and again and again and again.  I mean, sure, it keeps me with a steady supply of nanites, potato chips and rifled shotgun slugs, but, damn if it doesn't ruin the entire experience for me.

One especially problem area is the long shaft with all the doors in the Engineering and Cargo Bay areas.  Just look at all these bodies:
Image: http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3126/bodiesgt1.th.pngImage: http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1102/evenmorebodiesnx7.th.png

Right now I'm running around the Operations deck and I just got the simulation chip thingy from the red assassin and I can't even leave the room because a droid or a hybrid spawns behind me when I try to leave and also around the corner in front of me.  Again and again and again.  At this rate, I'm going to kill more hybrids than there are crew aboard the ship.

All the bodies around also messes with my frame rate.  Would be cool if I could use the recycler to turn the bodies into a nutritious protein shake.

66f970cd093f0Barbach

66f970cd09448
Yeah I'm in the Engineering/Cargo Bay right (god I hate this place) and I could see the "pixelated swirl of mist" with massive spawning.

Thing is, it could be nice to spawn monsters far from the player, it could be very nice actually

66f970cd094deThiefsieFool

66f970cd0952a
i think you're staying in that area for too long or something, i didn't alter any spawn rates
66f970cd09630
I saw those spawning hybrids in the purple mist too, only once though...
I would like to ask about prox. grenades. When I shoot, it falls on the ground and lays there. Theoretically it should explode when an enemy comes near. But it doesn't until I shoot the grenade by some weapon. Is this normal?

66f970cd09788TigerNightmare

66f970cd097d5
I'm not trying to stay in the area long, but, they just keep on spawning and spawning.  The game tries to spawn new hybrids behind two doors away either when I turn my back or when the door shuts.  I've tried tossing stuff against the doors to hold them open so they don't spawn, which only kind of works halfway (and using hybrid organs causes the organs to disappear after a while).  Go there, check it out.  If you explore the area thoroughly to get all the logs and bits, the game will not let you progress unless you hack security and run to the bulkhead while trying to dodge shotgun blasts.  Most people are used to killing their attackers and moving on, not fighting this annoying by-design flaw and progressing at a snail's pace because they never ... let ... up.

The swirly thing is blatantly obvious when you return through that same bulkhead and a droid or a hybrid spawns right before your eyes and charges.  The one with the camera, two laser turrets, a bunch of crates and that room with the light armor and half of the upgrade units.

I even turned off spawning when I replayed this a few years ago on my old machine.  It's just unbearable.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

An evil mega-corporation with 3 branches:
2 Guests are here.
You turn the page, you wash your hands.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66f970cd0a72f