66f91f2174b0b

66f91f2175755
25 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8 [obsolete] Read 205177 times  

66f91f2175efbThiefsieFool

Re: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8
66f91f2175f6b
It's usually bugfixes at this point anyway, unlikely to be anything important and if there is I would mention it

66f91f217607aThiefsieFool

66f91f21760e2
Cosmetic fix for the modification menu

[obsolete attachment removed]
« Last Edit: 02. March 2010, 16:06:32 by Kolya »
66f91f21764f5
Nevermind then. I'm done anyway. :)

A really great experience for every longtime player of Shock2, I must say. Although I don't know how it could be even remotely manageable to beat Shodan on Impossible. :D

A few bugs I encountered (completely random list, using v2.5):
- feedback loop puzzle on Operations and camera secret in Where Am I didn't work for me
- Napalm not recycable
- Annelid Swarms almost never followed me (intentionally?)
- hotkey for Annelid Hypo missing
- custom scripts where shown after loading rick3 and sshodan
- water and blue radiation effect don't mix well (very difficult to naviagate the underwater radiation tunnels in BotM)
- RocketMan's wrench wasn't shown in first person even if activated last, world model worked correctly
- game crashed frequently on ops2 and rick1
- if you can, please remove the "blue veins" on the first hole in the irradiated underwater tunnels in BotM. That thing blocks a lot more space than its outer appearance suggests
- PSI reaver projections sometimes fire (and hit :() up to 1s after they were killed (... I guess that's not because of your mod, right?)
- is Shodan's head really supposed to be invulnerable against, for example, a disruption grenade?
- if Diego is supposed to be moved, so should be his last audiolog
- if a weapon has been modified and you select another weapon afterwards, the modify options overlap
- some Many messages and Shodan emails play in the wrong spot ("leave this place alone" message on Rec was played in the corridor instead of the maintenance tunnels, "crystal shard" mail played in the pool and upgrade area opposite the "falling barrels room" instead of the usual room at the start of the level)

Oh, and what's the reason behind that new Rickenbacker area? No items, a door that didn't open ...?

66f91f2176a8eThiefsieFool

66f91f2176aed
A few bugs I encountered (completely random list, using v2.5):
- feedback loop puzzle on Operations and camera secret in Where Am I didn't work for me
- Napalm not recycable
- Annelid Swarms almost never followed me (intentionally?)
- hotkey for Annelid Hypo missing
- custom scripts where shown after loading rick3 and sshodan
- water and blue radiation effect don't mix well (very difficult to naviagate the underwater radiation tunnels in BotM)
- RocketMan's wrench wasn't shown in first person even if activated last, world model worked correctly
- game crashed frequently on ops2 and rick1
- if you can, please remove the "blue veins" on the first hole in the irradiated underwater tunnels in BotM. That thing blocks a lot more space than its outer appearance suggests
- PSI reaver projections sometimes fire (and hit :() up to 1s after they were killed (... I guess that's not because of your mod, right?)
- is Shodan's head really supposed to be invulnerable against, for example, a disruption grenade?
- if Diego is supposed to be moved, so should be his last audiolog
- if a weapon has been modified and you select another weapon afterwards, the modify options overlap
- some Many messages and Shodan emails play in the wrong spot ("leave this place alone" message on Rec was played in the corridor instead of the maintenance tunnels, "crystal shard" mail played in the pool and upgrade area opposite the "falling barrels room" instead of the usual room at the start of the level)

Oh, and what's the reason behind that new Rickenbacker area? No items, a door that didn't open ...?

- someone else should test this, it ought to work
- intended for balance
- I think I reduced their acuity a bit but it shouldn't be that bad
- you mean the annelid healing hypo? I would have to replace something else with it so decided to leave it be
- fixed
- didn't seem that hard to me
- no idea
- no idea
- didn't change any physics bounding boxes
- that's in the original
- also in the original, disruption grenade radius is too small to reach the center
- it makes more sense the way it is, a failed struggle
- knew about this one but you can just open/close inventory
- no idea

Repair the pipes in the ceiling and you can open the door, then climb through the shafts.

66f91f217700d
- I think I reduced their acuity a bit but it shouldn't be that bad
Just upgrade it a little bit. Or rather: Don't. Swarms aren't dangerous, they're simply annoying. Annoying as hell.
- you mean the annelid healing hypo? I would have to replace something else with it so decided to leave it be
I think in a difficult situation such as this one, the farting key could be replaced. It would be dearly missed but extreme siuations call for extraordinate measures. ;)

- didn't seem that hard to me
Well, I DID play it at noon but also increased the gamma level.

- didn't change any physics bounding boxes
Then please do, if you can. :)

- knew about this one but you can just open/close inventory
I know. Nonetheless ... yeah, you get the idea.

Repair the pipes in the ceiling and you can open the door, then climb through the shafts.
Darn, missed that one.

66f91f21770c5VB_Munitions_Officer

66f91f2177115
Hi, the sympathetic resonator does not show up in the shuttle command replicator once hacked...has the location been changed?
« Last Edit: 13. October 2008, 22:17:07 by Nameless Voice »
66f91f2177390
Hi, the cybernetic resonator does not show up in the shuttle command replicator once hacked...has the location been changed?
That's an ancient bug that should be fixed by v2.4 or so. Which one do you use?
66f91f217749d
Hey guys, the button A on the Rickenbacker still doesn't work. I can't get the Nacell B card via that hull breach. Can anyone try out that level?

66f91f2177831ThiefsieFool

66f91f2177887
Hi, the sympathetic resonator does not show up in the shuttle command replicator once hacked...has the location been changed?

been fixed, you have to use shift+; and "summon_obj big bomb" to get the resonator for that playthrough though

Hey guys, the button A on the Rickenbacker still doesn't work. I can't get the Nacell B card via that hull breach. Can anyone try out that level?

also been fixed but you'll have to use this .gam and "summon_obj rickenbacker card" this time

[obsolete attachment removed]
« Last Edit: 02. March 2010, 16:08:27 by Kolya »
66f91f21779db
"summon_obj rickenbacker card"
I do it and the card appears. I take it but it doesn't go to my inventory (the list of all cards, it's not there) and thus I can't use it to go to Nacell B. Very strange. Any ideas?
Is it possible to deactivate the mod, get that card across of the hull breach and then activate the mod again?

66f91f2177aa9VB_Munitions_Officer

66f91f2177af6
Okay, another thing. I just finished The Rick and i go to the pod that shoots you into the Body of the Many, and there is an invisible barrier at the end of the cryo tubes. Was that meant to be there? I hacked the security and the odd computer and it didn't do anything?
66f91f2177bf3
something wrong with with the psi reaver after the church. I can't kill him. Bullets just go through him like there is nothing. I have mod 2.6. I can only try to jump to the other side while he shouts me...
66f91f2177d4c
Updated to version 2.7, see first post.

66f91f2177f3aVB_Munitions_Officer

66f91f2177f89
something wrong with with the psi reaver after the church. I can't kill him. Bullets just go through him like there is nothing. I have mod 2.6. I can only try to jump to the other side while he shouts me...

That happened to me too. I could kill it with fire though.
66f91f2178169
I'm playing SS2 again after over a year since my last play-through and thought I'd try this mod out.  Looks really cool.  I'm having some problems though.

I got it up and running but I can't click on the security panels (the hud will highlight but clicking to use doesn't do anything).  My toon is a navy start so I tryed it with cyb1 hack 1 and cyb 1 hack 2, no luck.  Frustrating, but I can always switch to OSA or gunbunny and ghost/blast my way past if I have to.

The other problem is that the Traits are still the same as in the basic game.  Naturally able gives 8 cyber modules, not a 10% bonus (I took it to make sure).  Sharpshooter still reads as 15%, no 35%.

I'm using the SS2Tool and the ModManager on the HoTU version (my copy of the disk is scratched over the credits cutscene and so won't install)

From SS2Tool: ran getting Mod Ready and Widescreen Mod.

From ModManager: activated in following order
SHmup
Rebirth
Secmod_cumulative
Secmod - rebirth patch

I've also pulled lgvid.ax since I remember it being a lot of trouble to get the movies to run.

Anyone got any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?  I'd really prefer to play with this mod.

66f91f217821eOmegaFireX

66f91f2178270
You shouldn't activate the cumulative patch. You should activate te full version (the latest you have) and then the patch, if it needs it. Else go and download the full version on first post.
66f91f217836e

Yay! Everything works now.  Thanks!  I don't know why I thought the 3 meg patch was the same file size as the 30 meg mod.
66f91f2178452
Hey guys, so was the bug with the psi reaver fixed? I have v.2.7 and it still is bugged...
66f91f21785bc
The new bindings on the options menu help, although I'm somewhat horrified that you can fart yourself to death.

The humming you gave to many of the computers adds nicely to the atmosphere.

Also, the hopping rumbler is quite entertaining.  Have you considered giving the monkeys the ability to hop attack?  Because if anything would leap on you and claw, it's a monkey.

Oh, and one other thing about rumblers.  Like children, they can drown in only a small amount of water.  The one in Hydroponics A fell into the pool there and drown in seconds.
66f91f21786b4
People, I noticed spiders are almost invisible. They can bite, kill but they are really some kind of transparent...
66f91f2178818
Hello humans, tested the mod tonight.
Excellent work I must say, it is like a completely new game now. Also the first time I find the PSI-Skill fun enough to finish the game with, the new effects really add something.

Just two questions: the WormBlend implant that wasn't used before, is it added in with this mod at some random place. Don't tell me where, just tell me if it is anywhere too be found. :D

And could anyone place out all the unused game-pig games please?
Thank you!

66f91f2178b95Awesome man

66f91f2178bf3
Good morrow my fine hybrid-bashing game designing bretheren. I understand that guest accounts allow me to quick reply despite not being a member (yet) so I will use/abuse this privilage for now.

Essentially, I have but one burning question; you see, I've searched up and down with your mods and have seen some really cool (and really silly) mods. I was particularly impressed by the Rebirth, SHTUP, DFB Sound, and Secmod Mods, but moreso the secmod because it had a lot of incredible game changes (some I liked, some I didn't).

Now, I'm a purist (I swear!!) but I also understand the value in certain mods like Rebirth, making (most of) the enemies look much scarier and much more awesome. And also the Texture and Sound changes to add just a bit more realism to the game.

But I'm really impressed with Secmod for one main reason; Psi. I'm pretty sure there was a new setup for using psi in this, and I was always pissed at how inconvenient it was to have to tab into the menu, choose a tier, choose a power, get out of the menu, charge my psi amp, and THEN fire, and at times it almost killed me (did kill me a couple times, actually) to have to do all of this during a battle when a RUmbler came out of nowhere or something, and I saw that the psi-setup is at least a little easier, and more stylized. I also liked certain features like the ability to fix destroyed turrets and reprogram them, or the fact that you don't throw a hissy-fit and refuse to use hand grenades without a damn Grenade launcher, or even (because I'm a sadistic prick) things like blowing up certain enemies and watching body parts fly all over the place.

As well as the faster many, and the faster me, these were all good changes. I have seperate versions of SS2 on my copmuter now just for different things; one for the Secmod (with rebirth, shtup, dfb's sound, elrod's psi amp), one without secmod (like the first but....without secmod :P) and finally one for the original, untouched game in all it's glory.

Now, long winded, hey? So to make a long story short, I like it, but A. using a grenade makes it disappear from my invent., and there is no explosion or anything (:-(), B. No little spinning thing when I activate a quantum regenerator, C. the Red Cyber Assassins are Rebirth, but the rest (at least the one by Rickenbocker Pod 1's QR) is not, D. no DFB mod (i suspect it isn't compatible), E. unuseable security computers. the last problem and the rest of the cyber assassins I'm not sure about, I just think I might have the problem. I downloaded the latest secmod and the cumulative patch (though I haven't used the patch yet; just keeping it just in case)

So if anyone could lower themselves to my level of inferior being and show me the bright and glorious way with these it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I really like what was done with the psi-amp in Secmod. I've searched this whole area upanddown for a way to get just that mechanic, or a similar, less infuriatingly stupid mechanic, but I can't find a decent one. :P I would suggest a possible psi-amp fix like that if anyone feels like it.

I just don't want my game to be changed anymore than it is, but also don't want to be taking 2 minutes to ready a fricken pyrokenesis spell.

Much abliged to you, Gods of the Shock 2. Thank you for helping a puny mortal as myself, for what am I compared to a perfect...game programmer. :P
66f91f2179957
Psi skill usage
F1 through F5 cycle all powers in that tier. Shift+F1 through Shift+F10 can be used to assign hotkeys for skills.

That's in the original game.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the AI that appears in both System Shock games:
25 Guests are here.
And the whiskers and floaters should now probably be removed before any calculations.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66f91f217cfa6