66f8ca2766b77
this mod is SEXY! nice!

66f8ca2766e20ThiefsieFool

Re: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8
66f8ca2766eaf
thanks, thanks
66f8ca2767041
My Good i can't wait to see the new version .. ThiefsieFool do you still not now anything about when you're new version will be released ? :)

Sorry for asking.. But i simply can't wait!

66f8ca276713bNameless Voice

66f8ca276718a
There won't be any work done on it until at least next month.

66f8ca276727faccoch63

66f8ca27672d1
Hey TF, quick question.

I was playing through the game with the latest Secmod version, and I couldn't help but notice that the "Glory of the Flesh" scene in Engineering B is missing. The scene was present in the first version of Secmod, and I can't find anything about it in the changelog, so is this intentional or resulting from a bug?

66f8ca2767572miracle.flame

66f8ca27675cb
This was addressed already some time ago..

The removal of the vision in Engineering was intentional.  I thought it should only have been removed from multiplayer, but oh well...
66f8ca276773c
Hi, when i install TFmod and start as a marine the Grenadelauncher that i get from the start turns upon picking it up from the inventory to a Accesscard icon, and crashes the game.

In addition there is no Access card on the ground to the first locked door.

I tryed this with a clean install of HOTU. I tinkerd around some with the ADoB 3.o version of Medisci1.mis and that at least resolves the accesscard problem, but not the crash with the "wierd" Grenade launcher.

Any hints?

66f8ca2767878
Hmm after reviewing some of the posts about modding abd the structure i thought about glueing all this fine stuff together to one big , like the advatages ov ADoB and TFSec , rebirth and Reduxed, some weaponmods. Making it one piece of structured resource.

I am amazed that a 9 year old game has so much potential.

I didnt play it yet , just thinking about doing some tinkering with it.

Also maybe translating the TFSec into German on the way.

Anyone still reading this ?

66f8ca2767903Nameless Voice

66f8ca2767951
ADaoB and SecMod are incompatible.
66f8ca2767a91
Alright i think of it as using the TFmod as a basic rule for the game, but still there might be some bugs fixed or reworked in ADoB that are usefull to be infused into TF.

My main Problem is that the TF mod is flawed as is , the card is missing and the Grenadelauncher  that a marine has from the start crashes the game.

I would like some advice where to look to fix this. I can replace the Medisci1.mis with the one from ADoB but that wont fix the Grendlauncher issiue.

66f8ca2767c03Nameless Voice

66f8ca2767c55
You implied that you're trying to use both ADaOB and SecMod at the same time, which would certainly lead to bugs.

People keep asking about combining them or using the one on the other, but they are two completely different things.  Many changes made to ADaOB don't even make sense in the context of SecMod.  Any serious bugs which are worked into ADaOB are also worked into SecMod (though there are one or two minor issues which won't be included until the next SecMod release).

As for your issues . . .  the grenade launcher / keycard bug is very annoying, though I haven't seen it happening in SecMod outside of running it in the editor.  It has been happening in ADaOB recently, though, and no one has found what causes it yet.  It only happens on certain levels, the initial part of MedSci being one of them.
Temporarily disabling SHTUP may make the problem go away.
66f8ca2768007
You implied that you're trying to use both ADaOB and SecMod at the same time, which would certainly lead to bugs.

People keep asking about combining them or using the one on the other, but they are two completely different things.  Many changes made to ADaOB don't even make sense in the context of SecMod.  Any serious bugs which are worked into ADaOB are also worked into SecMod (though there are one or two minor issues which won't be included until the next SecMod release).

Thtats great info and that was actualy my concern about ADoB, fixes already worked into TCSEC.

I toyed around alot now with SHTUP, disabling it worked once then in the next run from start it worked not. I cannot pin down a working pattern.

Something with object IDs?

66f8ca27680b4Nameless Voice

66f8ca2768105
I think it has something to do with texture memory usage, perhaps some kind of image buffer overflow, but I have no real idea.
66f8ca276821e
I worked around it now by shuffeling the TFSec .mis files and leaving the medisci1 vanilla. This seems to work and resolves the Card issiue and the Gren, launcher while every cosmetical change is in. I repacked them into the Res-files and played throu the first Level wihtout a noticeable problem.
66f8ca276831c
..maybe that security Stations arent touchable anymore. I think everything that TFSEC alters in a way of usage (HAcking,..) are unuseable in the Vanilla Medisci1, but still solveable/playable.

Still i would like to know if this bug could be fixed.

66f8ca27683e7Nameless Voice

66f8ca2768434
Vanilla missions are not compatible with SecMod, because the necessary scripts are not loaded.  A .mis file from a recent version of ADaOB (though probably not 0.3.0) would probably work somewhat better.
66f8ca276852c
From what i understood, ADaOB .gam file is its own ruleset and also not compatible with TF.  I WIll check this out by the time i get this DomeEd to work. I m running win/ 64bit. Thats a bit tricky environment.

66f8ca27685d8Nameless Voice

66f8ca276862a
The .gam files are not compatible, but at least the ADaOB .mis files (from 0.2.9 onwards) have the necessary script module loaded.
66f8ca2768742
Okay i will give this one a try , i looked into the Medsci1.mis from TF and there is not a Card object in the room . So the card is missing on purpose?

EDIT: Yay it actualy worked :) Playtested it singleplayer and will do another round in MP right now. See if i can break something.

Thnx for the hand.

66f8ca27687e0Nameless Voice

66f8ca2768824
The card isn't "missing", it's just been moved slightly.
66f8ca2768928
I spend some time examining the Rooms before the lock and didnt see it, mabye that goes in hand with the glitch of the inventroy problem.

But there is a good chance someone would run into the room which seals itself off after entering and missed the card if it moved out of the room.

66f8ca27689d7miracle.flame

66f8ca2768a28
...and that's why t'was not moved out of the room.
There never was point-of-no-return in SS2 not even in this mod.
66f8ca2768ba2
Okay then im sure that it must have vanished due to the Inventroy Problem, i reinvestigated the room via game and ShockED.

When i use the .mis file provided with TFs, the inventory Grenadelauncher turns into the icon of the Accesscard when draging it. When i stay above the inventory panel i can drag it around for minutes. When i drag it out of the inventory panel then game crashes instantly. This is reproduceable on two computers of different setups (hardware,OS)

The Cryo Accesscard is not found in the room anywhere, as well as there is no object "a Cryo Card" in the Shocked´s view of the room somewhere (i am not so much familiar with shocked) like it is in the vanilla .mis. Unless the Card-obj is named differently , i cannot find it.

Could this be related to a Zlib. buffer full error when starting up Shocked (i ignore this since level loads up and Editor seems functional)?

66f8ca2768c8emiracle.flame

66f8ca2768ce0
Well I can't see a reasonable way how could the card disappear from the mis file when you load it in shocked other than someone removed it on purpose and saved the file afterwards... so another hint - the card is quite HIDDEN - give it another try..and remember when you played Thief.

I know that the bug with icon of access card inclines to think there is some connection with the "missing" card but believe me there is none. It is a known bug and it happens with other mods as well on different decks and it never caused missing access card anywhere...crashes mostly.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the main villain of the System Shock series:
20 Guests are here.
System Shock 2-Its like Deus Ex, it just should never leave your hard drive. If you need space then get rid of something less important like Microsoft word or something...
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66f8ca2769393