25 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8 [obsolete]
Page: « 1 ... 17 [18] 19 ... 36 »
Read 204796 times  

66f8ca58825edawertyp

Re: SS2 TF's Secmod 2.8
66f8ca588265c
Suggestions for 2.8

- After modify a weapon, the modification skill you have chosen is invisible. I think it is better if the skill will not invisible but transparent. So you can see in a moment wich skill ist activated.
- What about three Modification than two???
- Is it possible to make Opponents slower if you hit them??

greetz
awt
66f8ca5882859
I must say, Secmod is the mod to have when you want to relive this game (after completing it the normal way ofcourse). Now I've been playing ome time with this and I'm really enjoying it. Now I'm somewhat toying around 'ubermensching' on engineering and med-sci, trying to set up a 'defend the area'-style thingie at the shuttle bay in engineering (near the cargo bays). I've found out that spawning cameras is useless to trigger alarms since it seems other camera's are programmed to trigger alarms, while spawned ones don't.
Now I'm just going through med/sci and engineering again to return to that place and NOT kill the two camera's there, but I've bumped into a something:
I've been using scramble gren's to mix up replicator databases (and get some ridiculous results). I did get scramble grenades for sale in one, but I got freaked when I bought 10 scramble's then used them all on a replicator, never being able to regain any scramble's. Now I ask: would anyone knowing the spawning codes (for the console) please tell me (or PM me) all spawning codes for the secmod objects? I've only been able to spawn the smartgun, but that's all. I hope anyone can help me enjoying this mod even more.

Doooom
66f8ca5882a8f
This mod is pretty interesting, I have to say. I like the custom modifications, although some seem more useful than others (not much point to full auto on a pistol when it disables the ability to just fire a single shot, or to bigger clips when the thing only takes like a half-second to reload). I'm going to try seeing how well the laser pistol works in full auto once I get my Modification skill higher. Hehe.

A few small issues I've noticed:
- Broken batteries don't stack. Maybe this is impossible since you can repair them? Beats me.
- Dragging a maintenance tool onto a stack of other maintenance tools seems to devour one of them. Ouch.
- The plasma SMG is nice, but I honestly really, really don't like the projectile. The purple-and-greenness of it looks weird, it makes my screen flash green with every shot (annoying since it's full-auto), and the hit graphic (for hitting walls and such) looks slightly odd too. I think a small green (or blue, or whatever) plasma-flame thing would work better for a projectile, with a little flame/cloud effect for hitting, sort of like a tinier version of the plasma rifle's hit effect in Deus Ex. Kind of nitpicking, but it honestly does make me want to use the weapon less.

Also, that goddamn grenade launcher hybrid near the beginning took me by surprise and blew my head off. That's not a complaint or anything; I like the added difficulty. Pipe hybrids look a little weird swinging so fast, but at least fighting them is actually tense now.

Again, really liking this.
66f8ca5882c56
I have a few more things to add.

- Psi is still hideously expensive, and the combat psi disciplines don't seem terribly useful to me. At 5 psi and overloading everything, it still takes several hits for, say, electrokinesis to kill a cyborg assassin. In general, they seem grossly underpowered. After all, a psi hypo costs a lot of nanites and is only giving me 20psi per hypo, which is enough to kill, what, a *few* enemies with the tier 3 attack disiplines? My overloaded pyrokinesis doesn't even seem to be setting stuff on fire or having splash damage even though, with the overloading, it should be at psi 7. Oh, and the elektrokinesis bolts seem sort of slow and bad at detecting whether or not they're hitting stuff, and the homing ones have a tendency to get stuck in the level geometry and go nowhere, becoming a sort of weird electrical trap in the process.
- Automatic fire on the laser pistol probably shouldn't apply to the Overload setting, since it still makes you fire two shots, one after the cooldown, which is sorta weird.
66f8ca5882dbd
Hello fellow shockers!
Secmod is just awesome, playing it with a friend right now.
We have the same problem that was already mentioned  here - crash after entering Engineering deck.
One thing was bothering me also, it is a ridiculously high difficulty of hacking/modifying. The first security terminal had 80% difficulty and 63 (!) faulty nodes (ALL red, i was playing as hacker). Same goes for modify

We're using this mod setup in this exact order:
1. Rebirth Beta 01 - Complemented Version
2. SHTUP Beta 6
3. SS2_TF_Secmod_2.7
4. SecMod -- Rebirth Patch

66f8ca5882f0dDoomFruit

66f8ca5882f5d
I've found a possible bug in Secmod. It's with the worm skin - the description says that it slowly drains psi points to stop the wearer from being eaten by his armour, but I've found that it slowly regenerates my psi instead. Is this intentional?

I'm running a fair few mods, but I don't think it's some sort of clash. They are:
SHTUP beta 6, Rebirth beta 01 complemented (with Secmod compatibility patch), fixed goo models, high-res player models, low tech weapon sounds, SHMUP, Tacticool wrench and laser pistol (with the Secmod compatibility patches installed) and vague enemy healthbar.

On another note: if you're taking requests, would it be possible to get hotkeys for annelid psi and health hypos? Spamming the 'h' key when you're cornered by 2 rumblers and a reaver is not fun...
66f8ca588314e
The final version of the fixed goo was inluded with SHTUP, just saying.
66f8ca5883272
In the medical sector, there is a pistol which has a modification level 1 when you pick it up. It is there in the original SS2, but does not fit well with Secmod as you can perform all six modifications to it - although it only accepts one since then it is at level 2.

66f8ca5883342Maskedmartyr

66f8ca58833bc
For some reason modifying weapons doesn't work.

I have used widescreen mod and dx32 or whatever its called with the mod.  I disabled widescreen mod because I thought that was the issue and it didn't work.  Haven't tried removing dx32 yet.

66f8ca5883480Maskedmartyr

66f8ca58834d2
I tried to turn off DX32 and that didn't work either.

Used ubermensch code, that didn't work either.  I think something is wrong with my modify buttons.

66f8ca58837bcEnchantermon

66f8ca5883817
Give a little more detail. What exactly happens when you try to modify a weapon?

66f8ca5883923Maskedmartyr

66f8ca588397a
Well I click the modify button, and it shows that big ass window with all the modifications in it, and I click on one and the window disappears.  At first I assumed the modification was done but then my nanite count was the same and the gun didn't seem to be affected.  To really make sure I used the ubermensch code and tried out the ammo count modification, but the weapon's clip size remained the same.  Every time I click on a modification the modify window closes and nothing happens.

66f8ca5883ab9Nameless Voice

66f8ca5883b10
You need to right-click on the icon rather than left-clicking.
That "feature" will be fixed if there's ever another release of SecMod.
66f8ca5883c4c
That's one laid back Christmas tune in the video now.
Have a cookie TF.

66f8ca5883d1dNameless Voice

66f8ca5883e16Enchantermon

66f8ca5883e63
Um...am I missing something? What video are we talking about?
66f8ca5883f3b
In the first post.

66f8ca5883fcdEnchantermon

66f8ca588401a
Oh, that's what that is. It wasn't loading for me, so I ignored it. Thanks.
66f8ca5884165
What is the status on this? Has the development stopped on this mod?

66f8ca588453eThiefsieFool

66f8ca5884598
That's one laid back Christmas tune in the video now.
Have a cookie TF.

who knew that retarded audioswap would eventually make sense
anyway thanks, nice holidays etc. everyone (no mod updates anytime soon im afraid)
66f8ca58846ac
Hi, playing this modification as we speak. Have run into a problem with the modification. When i klick the mods, i don't get to the hacking screen, and this yellow modify icon only flashes for a nanosecond when i right click the weapon. Any help appreciated.
66f8ca58848a3
first make sure you have the latest patch in the first post, second i think your ingame resolution needs to be at least 1024x768 for the icons to work right
66f8ca588497c
actually more likely what kolya said rofl

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the main villain of the System Shock series:
25 Guests are here.
I belive one of this walls must be a secret wall...
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66f8ca58856fa