66ee33bd7c75e

66ee33bd7cfd6
2 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2Tool source Read 723 times  

66ee33bd7d431ArchLinux

66ee33bd7d499
Drag and drop into the gog "run exe on prefix" resulted in failed network connection.

66ee33bd7d557ArchLinux

66ee33bd7d5a8
The vc2008 dependencies results in a 5.4GB wine prefix.  I would be happy to rewrite this tool for you so that it no longer required so much, is the source available somewhere?

66ee33bd7d839sarge945

66ee33bd7d897
Unfortunately the developers here don't really care about Linux, so good luck getting anywhere.

For some reason I thought the whole thing was written in NSIS, which is easy to decompile AFAIK, but if it requires vc2008 they maybe not.

66ee33bd7d933ArchLinux

66ee33bd7d982
Well is the source available anywhere?  Why isn't this tool open source?

66ee33bd7da6eZylonBane

66ee33bd7dabb
How auspicious to have an entire distro posting here!

66ee33bd7db66ArchLinux

66ee33bd7dbb1
I've reversed the software.  I think I understand why the closed source.  I'd still like to make a Linux client, would be happy to confer with you on matrix.org, just leave me your ID.

66ee33bd7dcc2voodoo47

66ee33bd7dd0f
well, @Kolya is the master of the tool, so he is the person to ask.

66ee33bd7de59ArchLinux

66ee33bd7dea6
Well it feels like I'm about to beat this game on the first time play through, finally.  Started it many years ago and just never finished it.  With the remake coming out I thought it might be nice to get the OG experience. 

Thanks for setting this up @Kolya .  I can't guarantee I'll be watching this thread for a reply, so I suppose I'll have to give you my matrix ID instead.  To try to prevent crawlers from picking it up, I have replaced a few characters with numbers - and there are no spaces in the real ID.  "@d3 c0 r4 h3n sis 1re : matrix.org".

I like matrix because it's free, offers full end to end encryption on communications, is open source, and is nearly as functional as discord.  If you don't already have an ID you can make one (for free) at element.io.

I hope you do reach out as I can offer a few quick suggestions on improving the current patcher even if you don't want a linux one, and again, many thanks.
66ee33bd7e07e
@ArchLinux If you release a reverse engineered version of SS2Tool, then the most likely consequence is that we will have to take down the master build of SS2 that is hosted here. Thereby disabling your version AND the original SS2Tool.

The reason is that with an open source version (or any version outside of our direct control) it's fairly easy to disable all checks in SS2Tool and modify it so it downloads the complete game from this server. Which would make this website an illegal game distributor.

So in the interest of thousands of gamers who use SS2Tool to update their game, I would ask you to refrain from reverse engineering / changing / releasing any unauthorized versions of SS2Tool.

If you think you have suggestions for me, feel free to PM me here.
66ee33bd7e15e
please let something come from this, this tool has been broken on linux since years.

66ee33bd7e36asarge945

66ee33bd7e3bf
please let something come from this, this tool has been broken on linux since years.

At this point I'm tempted to just re-host the whole thing and tell them to go fuck themselves if they try to sue me.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you ____ a perfect, immortal machine? (Fill in the missing word):
2 Guests are here.
But perhaps I can just enjoy the neon murder.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66ee33bd7eea3