66ee338edf91a

66ee338ee0232
1 Guest is here.

Topic: headshots Read 932 times  

66ee338ee076b
will someone point me in the direction of implementing headshots? also what is the difficulty level? also would anyone be willing to tutor me in creating my dml? i might have some cognitive difficulties and just reading about dml is overwhelming me and making me think i might not be capable of doing it.
« Last Edit: 10. July 2024, 23:51:46 by TheHEX »

66ee338ee08a1ZylonBane

66ee338ee08f0
Rebalanced Skills and Disciplines already adds headshots. Just go look at how it did it.
66ee338ee0a02
is it all within the weapons or monster area or both or more areas than those
66ee338ee0b51
weird how only one person ever responds to me on here and other peoples posts have pages of correspondence.

so i copied all of the headshot data from the dml that you links and put it in a new dml, zipped it, loaded it with priority on mod loader on top of scp3, and it is apparently not working. could it be because it was make for a later version of scp? that doesnt really seem possibly though because any additions or changes that work for scp5 should also work for scp3 assuming that the headshot data only alters original game data not found within scp5? dont know what to do to make it work now. out of ideas.

66ee338ee0c71voodoo47

66ee338ee0cbd
because if providing the proper solution, one person is enough.

eeeh I don't think it will be that easy to rip that piece of code out and use it as a minimod - you actually will have to know what you are doing. probably should ask the mod author to do it for you.

66ee338ee1174RoSoDude

66ee338ee11c9
weird how only one person ever responds to me on here and other peoples posts have pages of correspondence.

so i copied all of the headshot data from the dml that you links and put it in a new dml, zipped it, loaded it with priority on mod loader on top of scp3, and it is apparently not working. could it be because it was make for a later version of scp? that doesnt really seem possibly though because any additions or changes that work for scp5 should also work for scp3 assuming that the headshot data only alters original game data not found within scp5? dont know what to do to make it work now. out of ideas.

I don't think this is an issue since AFAIK SCPb5 has nearly the same object hierarchy and IDs as prior versions (and vanilla), with only a few exceptions. With standard weapons, projectiles, enemy vulnerabilities I'm not aware of any important differences.

I will try to get you the DML snippet you need to implement this when I'm able.

66ee338ee158csarge945

66ee338ee15e4

Try releasing a beta version of a mod and watch all the correspondence dissapear for 6 months.

Yes, I'm bitter about that.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

In which year was System Shock released:
1 Guest is here.
Stop! Stop! It's already dead!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66ee338ee24cb