66ee35c78589b

66ee35c786384
2 Guests are here.

Topic: SS1EE mission.as Read 471 times  

66ee35c786b4b
SS1 fan mission format topic is locked so I started a new one.

I'm finishing up my fan mission and would like to release it first for SS1EE.
I'm trying to patch log audios, but RestabAddPatch doesn't seem to work:
Code: [Select]
RestabAddPatch("alog", "citalog.patch.res");It does work on strings:
RestabAddPatch("strings", "strng.patch.res");
I suppose there is no hope in contacting Nightdive about this.

Workaround is of course to have full file with all the needed audio logs and just use RestabSetBase.

66ee35c786c84voodoo47

66ee35c786cf7
they may answer on discord, but @3RDplayer could help I'd say.

66ee35c7871cd3RDplayer

66ee35c787246
GawainI don't know what your setup is. And it's been 6 years and I forgot everything.
Looking at a few mission files for the fanmissions i created: I can only come to two conclusions:
But I'm pretty sure you have to specify the base file, and then the patch.

for example:
RestabSetBase("handart", "mac_handart.res");
RestabAddPatch("handart", "mac_handart.patch.res");
The second conclusion is and Rewired works that way: create your citalog.res file via the level editor. Then empty every existing audiolog and just rewrite the ones that your fanmission actually changes. Then load this file as RestabSetBase. I remember that not every res file allows patches too. Only specific ones. So not every res file can be overwritten by a patch.

I hope this helps. Please come to discord and ping me once your fanmission is done. Id love to see a new one after so many years nobody making anything worthwhile!

66ee35c7873a2icemann

66ee35c787404
Ooo new fan mission? Gimme gimme. Could use something new to play.
66ee35c78754a
I tried to add new audio for trap messages using patch:
RestabAddPatch("bark", "citbark.patch.res");Doesn't work either.
In this case I added new messages to indices 119 - 124

This mission support in SS1EE is useless...

66ee35c78761bvoodoo47

66ee35c78766c
might as well just zip the entire resource archive and call it a day. not a problem with today's download speeds and hdd capacity.
Acknowledged by 2 members: icemann, 3RDplayer

66ee35c7877ec3RDplayer

66ee35c787845
I understand where you are coming from. You always want to provide a small filesize for your mods.

But why you are so fixated on providing a patch? Empty all the indices in the file you don't need, then only change the indices you want to change and mount it as RestabBASE. Only leave in there what you require. That should keep the filesize small enough.

Also: Check if your line is posted in the correct segment of the mission file. Check if your resource files are in the correct folder. Check if you receive any error message? Check if your audiofiles are in the correct format.

I also had to trial and error through this.
66ee35c78798b
It is not about filesize.
Hacked creates files as patch files (https://github.com/inkyblackness/hacked/wiki/ModdingSupport)
And there is currently no way to export full archive from Hacked.
I'm also thinking about copyright of game files.

66ee35c787b4a3RDplayer

66ee35c787ba6
Nightdive doesnt care about copyright of original files in regards to system shock. They let SS1 modders and the community do whatever they wanna do. Also, you can use an older version of hacked that doesn't have features you dont wanna use. When I edited my missions, I patchworked the files together from various versions of the editor that fit my needs.

I also used dertsehas old tool CHUNKIE or LRC etc. But LRC does a better job. Here is the LRC, which allows converting res to plain text files and back to res files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qwciS5eyKMIMkIDHlf23jWjf9Hq-YHun/view?usp=drive_link

It basically dumps the raw data and lets you change it to your needs. then you just convert the changes back into a resource file.
For example, hacked doesnt allow to change Enemy Sprites or change the images of door animations. You can easily do that with lrc.
« Last Edit: 15. July 2024, 20:30:59 by 3RDplayer »
66ee35c787eef
Thanks @3RDplayer for the tool and all of your help!

I'm really frustrated how nowadays Chrome and Windows Defender keeps me from downloading files. The lrc.zip gives trojan warning.
I'm sure there is no trojan in that exe.
I also looked at chunkie, but it didn't provide the exact functions I wanted and development is stopped, so I didn't bother to modify it. I'm also not very familiar with golang.
Altough I have now done lots of changes to HackEd and its becoming easier.
Waiting for @dertseha to accept my pull request for HackEd. I have more stuff done to it, but I didn't do them to correct base commit and don't really have interest to rebase them, so I'll just wait...

I did my own tool for patching res files yesterday. I haven't tested it thoroughly yet. Will do a proper "release" of it here when I have released the mission.
https://github.com/jramstedt/sspatcher

To minimize download problems I used github Actions to build the tool. Latest binary can be downloaded from Action page (click latest build with green check mark and the files are at the bottom of the page)... I don't think that helps much with overly protective browsers...

I ran my own tool trough VirusTotal and it gave 4 / XX.. It seems some of those virus scanners just flag everything that isn't in some whitelist.

I propably should write some kind of brief guide how to package SS1 missions that work with SS1EE, Shockolate and original DOS when I have everything figured out...
« Last Edit: 16. July 2024, 12:17:02 by Gawain »

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

A familiar passcode with 3 digits:
2 Guests are here.
What a waste of the white LED bracelets handed out in front of the venue.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66ee35c78b97e