66ee37ef535b8

66ee37ef53e19
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Gamesys mod vs. FM compatibility Read 155 times  

66ee37ef542e1MegaBrutal

66ee37ef54351
After finishing my replay of SS2, I was contemplating whether to attempt a PSI-only run; or replay a fan mission I liked, Ponterbee Station, that I last played in like 2006, so I forgot enough of it that it feels new. (Did it always have a training session?)

Now my question, is Ponterbee Station compatible with SCP? I'm sure I read about this somewhere but now I can't find it. In general, one shouldn't install two gamesys mods and both are marked so, but I wonder if these are designed to be compatible regardless.

Also I was dumb enough to install PS via the modding tool instead of using the FM selector, I'll probably change that – does it allow you to keep separate saves for FMs and the main game simultaneously?

66ee37ef546a3ZylonBane

66ee37ef546fd
Now my question, is Ponterbee Station compatible with SCP?
That's like asking if Portal is compatible with Half Life 2 Update. SCP is a refinement of the base game. If you smashed Ponterbee Station on top of an SCP install, some of the improved graphical assets would leak through, but everything else would be overridden. It might even break some things, since SCP replaces a lot of files that Ponterbee probably expects to be in their vanilla state.

66ee37ef5491cvoodoo47

66ee37ef54973
yes, they are actually compatible, in a sense that you can leave SCP and the rest of your mod loadout enabled, then load Ponterbee using the Fan Mission Selector (FMsel) and everything will work fine.

emphasis on load the mission using FMsel, we have two separate tools for mod and fan mission loading for a very good reason. once you do that, yes, you will have a separate set of saves for every fan mission you play.

to make it short, your question basically is did you construct the SS2 environment in a way that would allow the mod and fan mission loading to be safe, seamless and easy? and the answer to that would be yes. yes we did.

66ee37ef54a58ZylonBane

66ee37ef54ac9
I think his question is actually if I have SCP and Ponterbee active at the same time, will I get the SCP fixes and improvements in Ponterbee? and the answer to that is hell no.

66ee37ef54ba6voodoo47

66ee37ef54bf8
there might be a tiny, tiny bit of fixed resources utilized, depending on the rest of the mod loadout. so as mentioned, no need to disable SCP when loading fan missions.

but yes, to make it absolutely clear, no SCP gamesys or map fixes will be applied to any fan mission loaded no matter what you do.
« Last Edit: 26. July 2024, 10:26:33 by voodoo47 »

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

A familiar door code with 3 digits:
1 Guest is here.
Why, yes, I would spend nanites on that.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66ee37ef58084