66ee4c6a550fb

66ee4c6a55831
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Problems accessing menu in game Read 630 times  

66ee4c6a55becfaarwharbl

66ee4c6a55c55
My problem is very similar to the one in this thread, 'cept I don't have a dual graphics card setup.

In game if I Esc to menu I cannot see it, the image is frozen like it was when I pressed Esc. I can hear the mouse moving over the options. I can see the windows start button too. Now if I alt+tab out and in again the menu appears, it isn't stretched to the widescreen resolution btw. The game will not show cutscenes either, I can hear them and they can be skipped though. I can't see a loading screens, save for the one at starting a new game they make noise too and I can resume after they finish.

I suppose it is playable in this state, but it is highly unstable and has already crashed once.

I have run the SS2tool and tried the troubleshooting steps in the tech FAQ. I also removed the ddfix to see what happened and it worked... kind of. SS2 leaves fullscreen and returns with the menu when I press access the menu this however isn't stable either and has the associated complaints of removing ddfix.

I am running the game at 1280x720 on:
64x vista
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS
Intel Core Duo T9400 at 2.53GHz
4GB RAM

Any ideas?
66ee4c6a55e2b
Might try a graphics driver update. Also make sure you have no secondary monitor enabled, if you haven't done so already.

66ee4c6a55eeefaarwharbl

66ee4c6a55f3f
I got everything working, for whatever reason using my laptop's lower graphics setting made the difference.

Should have said so earlier, but you know how it is: you just wanna play. Great game, a shade easy though... Well I'll see what impossible's like.
1 Guest is here.
What be that noise?!?!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66ee4c6a564ce