66f88f0f79316

66f88f0f79aca
3 Guests are here.

Topic: Missing athletics sector card Read 6190 times  

66f88f0f7a059
Hi!

Apparently, my SS2 save is broken. There's no Athletics Card where it should be. Is there a way to spawn the card manually or edit savegame to add it to my access cards? I didn't find its summon_obj code in any cheat code site.
66f88f0f7a266
No, you cannot spawn plot critical items.
The card is in the crew area, in a room on the second floor. That's the large hub with the column in the middle and lifts in the corners.
Which mods are you using?
66f88f0f7a385
I'm using Alyamod, which randomizes the card locations, but I have checked all possible places where the card could be.

And by the way, you CAN spawn access cards. I found summon_obj codes to all access cards but Athletics Sector. I
66f88f0f7a493
Ask in the Alya mod thread then.

EDIT: Apparently you're not the first person with this problem.
« Last Edit: 12. January 2013, 13:16:13 by Kolya »
66f88f0f7a582
Yeah but the card wasn't in any of those places, so I was just asking if there's a workaround for it, like save editing or cheat.
66f88f0f7a654
Try summoning "crew card" or "crew 2 card".
66f88f0f7a765
Didn't work, "crew card" is Deck 2 for crew quarters and "crew 2 card" is Deck 5 crew quarters where the athletics card should be.

66f88f0f7aa41Grosnus

66f88f0f7aa92
There is a way to do this by setting "locked" property of the keypad object to false - that will make the door open after you click the keypad even if  u don't have any access cards.
However this may not be a safe method, so before u do it make a backup of your save files.

1. Download some hex editor, e.g. this one www.handshake.de/user/chmaas/delphi/download/xvi32.zip
2. Install it and open REC1.MIS file located inside your save folder (e.g. autosaves are located in "current" folder)
3. Open search->replace menu, and in the "find" box (below "hex string") paste this: 7D 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 01
4. In the "replace with" box (also below "hex string") paste this: 7D 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 00
5. Now click REPLACE ALL->OK, save the file and after loading it in game you should have unlocked keypad at athletics sector (just press it).

Unfortunately, I don't know how to summon the card that way, so you won't receive any cybermodules for finding it.

66f88f0f7aba9
Hex editing is somethhing I'd only resort to when there's no actual actual editor available. But then, whatever works for you.

66f88f0f7ac45Grosnus

66f88f0f7ac8d
You mean ShockED? I don't think it can open save files though, only regular .MIS files (but maybe I am missing something).
66f88f0f7ad6c
The save files are regular mis files, only that the player has made changes to it. ShockEd can open them.

66f88f0f7ae1dGrosnus

66f88f0f7ae6c
Probably I am doing sth wrong, because I always get an error while loading save .mis files (maybe it requires to move save files into shocked folder or res), anyway if it's possible to open them in ShockED then of course it's much better idea than hex editing.

66f88f0f7b2c9
Probably I am doing sth wrong, because I always get an error while loading save .mis files (maybe it requires to move save files into shocked folder or res), anyway if it's possible to open them in ShockED then of course it's much better idea than hex editing.
Not sure what the problem is there, but I guess figuring that out now is not the point.
I think Priami should post the problem in the Alya thread so Rainalkar sees it and gets a chance to fix it. Although the same problem had been posted there before he obviously put that off as a one time thing since he couldn't reproduce it. A second report could confirm it is not a one time problem.
66f88f0f7b3c6
Grosnus: I didn't find that hex string anywhere

I downloaded shockED but it didn't let me open save .mis files. Regular .mis files work, though,
66f88f0f7b4c2
It works like this: Start ShockEd, go into game mode, load your save game (from the main Shock2 menu), go back to ShockEd (Alt e) and you have your save game in shocked. There you can manipulate the door, go back into game mode and save the game to a different slot.
66f88f0f7b59b
Okay, I managed to open the door. Thanks for help!
3 Guests are here.
You've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66f88f0f7e926