66ee31b6a731c

66ee31b6a7c1d
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Modifying SS2 drops Read 2924 times  

66ee31b6a8084ZionicStorm

66ee31b6a8104
Mmm. I recently was playing SS2 with Crion's CMJ mod and I was noting that I was quickly becoming ammo-less and, more unfortunately, only about 1 in 20 hybrids were dropping any nanites. That kinda miffed me a bit so I wanted to modify it so that enemies would drop nanites more frequently but, as a tradeoff, replicator prices would be up a bit or somesuch.

Unfortunately I have no clue how to do this but, as most people here seem to be rather well versed with modifying SS2, I figure someone could help me. :D

66ee31b6a82f4hemebond

66ee31b6a8343
You need to download and install ShockEd and edit the loot properties for each type of hybrid. The values are percentages.
« Last Edit: 13. July 2007, 07:55:07 by Kolya »

66ee31b6a876cZylonBane

66ee31b6a87db
Mmm. I recently was playing SS2 with Crion's CMJ mod and I was noting that I was quickly becoming ammo-less

This is the point at which an intelligent gamer would realize he was using his gun too much, and adapt accordingly. It's actually possible to finish SS2 without using a gun at all.
« Last Edit: 13. July 2007, 17:49:21 by ZylonBane »

66ee31b6a8e0cZionicStorm

66ee31b6a8e7a
This is the point at which an intelligent gamer would realize he was using his gun too much, and adapt accordingly. It's actually possible to finish SS2 without using a gun at all.

Yeah. I know it is. Friends of mine have done it, and I've tried it many times. I like the feel of not just being able to beat everything to death, though. You know... Having to use your resources to their fullest, and not just carrying around a melee weapon, a psi-amp, and a bunch of hypos. Not that a melee-only SS2 run is easy, mind you.

It isn't very nice to go about basically calling people stupid just because they play a game differently than you do, though. Especially people new to this place who are just asking a question. I was only running out of ammo because I was farming cyber modules, a process that I feel is a bit too easy and was testing out a bit just for that purpose. Maybe I should increase the amount of modules required for stats and skills a bit...

Anyway, that made me think of modifying nanite drops and seeing about modifying the recycler a bit, too. Is there any way to modify the amount of nanites you get from recycling certain objects or just objects in general? I'm planning on making nanite drops a bit more common (just a bit, otherwise they'd make the recycler obsolete and unnecessary) and recycler values a bit larger according to how useful/large an object is (thus making the recycler a tad more useful) while increasing replicator prices accordingly so it is not a cheaty thing.

Maybe I should increase difficulty of enemies too... Hmm. What do you all think? I'm new at modding SS2 but it seems the community here isn't and is concerned with balancing... So your opinions are welcome and would be quite helpful.

Oh, and a question completely unrelated to this topic... Has anyone tried making a full conversion mod or add-on mod or "mission" type mod or somesuch for SS2? Is it even possible? I'm curious about things like that. :3

[EDIT]
Hmm. Nevermind about the mission mods. I found things about Ponterbee and such. However, it seems that full conversion mods have a way of disappearing. Have any been completed? I can't even find things about the Citadel project anymore. I'm still wondering about add-on modifications. New weapons, items, etc and things like that. Have any of you heard of those types of mods?
[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: 16. July 2007, 00:40:54 by ZionicStorm »
66ee31b6a9120
The Citadel Conversion Project isn't dead yet. Could be that you can't see their forum though, they had some problems with spam bots and now fly stealth mode...

66ee31b6a9245ZionicStorm

66ee31b6a929d
Damn good stealth mode. :P Glad to see they're still alive and (hopefully) well. :3

SS1 for SS2 though. :P Kind of like... The egg for the chicken. :scratch: The... puppy for the dog?

Hmm... Odd, that. :3 Odd but good odd!

66ee31b6a975dZylonBane

66ee31b6a97c3
I was only running out of ammo because I was farming cyber modules, a process that I feel is a bit too easy and was testing out a bit just for that purpose.

You might want to stop and actually read what you've written here. You complain that farming is too easy because you use all your ammo to do it, then you complain that you're running short on ammo!

*smacks forehead*

66ee31b6a9fd4ZionicStorm

66ee31b6aa038
You might want to stop and actually read what you've written here. You complain that farming is too easy because you use all your ammo to do it, then you complain that you're running short on ammo!

*smacks forehead*

Farming is too easy. When you look at it, using Crion's CMJ... You should HAVE to farm to get anywhere close to 6s in more than one stat. As it was, I currently have most of my stats at 4 or 5, with two or three at 6 and have not even been to Rec deck yet. That's with only around 100 modules farmed specifically to see how frequently they dropped. Half of that farming was done killing with the wrench because my pistol was out of ammo.

I suppose that the way I see it I was running out of ammo, but in reality it's that I think that in a harder game with CMJ where you'd have to risk a little more than usual to get awesome stats and skills... Well, the nanite drops and recycle amounts currently in place are a tad lacking. The biggest problem, I feel, is the recycle amounts. There really is no need to farm up until there. The enemies up until ops deck are fairly commonplace, except with Hydro. Midwives are a tad tougher, but then again I suppose they should be the main challenge for that deck. After Hydro everything seems to get tougher in steps, whereas it was more of a ramp up until then.

I was running out of ammo mainly because I was not only heavily relying on my pistol in the first portion of the game, but also because I was rapidly running out of nanites. I had around 80 or so med hypos too so I was kind of frustrated because I was getting a lot of things I did not need when things I did need were in short supply. The recycler doubly frustrated me because, well... One nanite per item no matter how large, complex, or useful it is? That seems like a large shaft where the sun don't shine to me.

Yeah, I do realize that you probably think, "Oh, she's bitching because she can't take the normal game." I, however, dispute strongly with that. I can take the normal game. I can take it just fine. In fact, I think it's a tad too easy, if you ask me. That's why I want to make it so you have more resources but, in return, need to fight longer and hold out more if you want the creme de la creme of skills. I enjoy it when I can't kill a hybrid in 2 hits with standard rounds or 1 hit with anti-pers rounds or 1 hit with the wrench, 2 if they're a shotgunner. Of course, having said this you may just now shift to telling me to play on a harder difficulty. Well, I ask you this. If it's too easy on an easier difficulty, how would more enemies with some more HP change much when the goal of having to hold out longer still isn't feasible?

You may be thinking, "What the hell, girl? Just use your wrench!" Why should I though? Because YOU do? Or haven't you realized yet that, well, some people tend to prefer guns over melee? Myself, I like guns. I'd rather try to complete the game with just a pistol instead of a wrench. Main reason? I think it'd be harder. Much harder than wrench-only. Sure you'd have range, but think about it. You'd have to carefully conserve and employ your ammunition. Ration it, even. However, with the current return from recycling objects, that is just a fervent pipe dream. There is no possible way for a good gunner to replenish her ammunition without having to resort to beating things over the head with a wrench. Not that I mind, just that I'd like to be able to JUST use a pistol (no assault rifle, yeah) to complete my game sometime.

So maybe, just maybe, instead of criticizing me so goddess damned much... Why don't you just help me? Honestly, it would be a lot faster and it would get me off of your forums if that's what you want so much. I just want to find out if there is any possible way to rebalance things a little in a way that gunners like myself might like a bit. Especially with things like Midwives on Hydro and Assassins on Ops being rather ammo-unfriendly. As I've said before, I don't want to make a way to just cheat and kill everything with thousands of rounds of ammunition. Mmm... Or maybe you didn't read that bit?

You ARE reading all of my posts, aren't you? Before you reply, that is? ;) Ahh, I guess I'll just go explore and maybe I'll find my answers before you find it in your hearts to grace me with your wisdom.

66ee31b6aa183ZionicStorm

66ee31b6aa1e8
Mmm. It seems something went wrong somewhere. This is supposed to be an edit to the above post. Apologies for the double.

:scratch: No clue how I managed THIS one though. :lol:

[EDIT]
I do want to, however, thank those of you who've helped out and linked me to things/places of interest. :) Thanks a bunch!
[/EDIT]

66ee31b6aa36aNameless Voice

66ee31b6aa3cd
I thought Hemebond already answered your question in the first reply.
1 Guest is here.
My heart almost exploded, then I saw a caterpillar...
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66ee31b6ab5b8