66ee3a631275a

66ee3a6313bdc
16 Guests are here.

Topic: It's interesting to me
Page: « 1 ... 63 [64] 65 »
Read 111023 times  

66ee3a63143d6voodoo47

66ee3a6314431
today facebook presents - Albatros D.V, and all the breastfeeding. also, I have no idea what is going on when trying to post, but I'm guessing someone didn't take their pills?
66ee3a63145be
facebookisbad.JPG

But keep the faith, I guess.

66ee3a63147a5voodoo47

66ee3a63147f1
eeeh don't care much for that, when they try to anime a western ip, the result is usually questionable.

and vice versa.

66ee3a6314908ZylonBane

66ee3a631495a
I have to say, it's impressive how all the narration in that trailer manages to convey not a single bit of information.
« Last Edit: 30. August 2024, 03:07:54 by fox »

66ee3a6314e71voodoo47

66ee3a6314ee2
well I guess this can't be any worse than.. any other terminator movie but the first two, so there's that. or can it?

Annoyingly bad aiming.

[plot_armor.jpg expired]
« Last Edit: 30. August 2024, 21:24:40 by voodoo47 »
66ee3a6314ff7
I've watched the first three episodes yesterday and actually liked them enough to want to watch the remaining five.

66ee3a63150f6voodoo47

66ee3a6315144
watched the sneak peak, a tiny girl holding onto a rope with a T-800 hanging from her leg. my brain says no.

if they release it on youtube for free sometime then I might watch it, right now I don't even feel like it's worth downloading from unofficial sources (to clarify, we pay a special "ip protection tax" for each piece of storage we buy over here, as long as this exists, movies and music are free to download as far as I'm concerned).
66ee3a631527b
I'm seriously glad to have developed some BS-tolerance (others may call it lowered standards).

Tidbit: according to the interwebs, the weight of a T-800 is 200 400lbs (181kg). Space alloy and all, I guess. Should work fine, if you apply comic book/hollywood-physics and add the woke-factor (strong women). It never stood a chance, actually. ;)

« Last Edit: 31. August 2024, 10:45:47 by fox »

66ee3a631539dvoodoo47

66ee3a63153eb
also, unless she is fresh out of a cryopod (she is not, no reaction when the fake flesh is torn and the metal underneath is exposed, so she knows), there is no sane reason why she would try to (directly) shoot the T-800 with a handgun and a shotgun, those weapons will barely make the machine flinch, would make much more sense to just run. no, she waits for the terminator to dramatically emerge from the smoke (completely wasting the head start created by the pipebomb explosion) and then proceeds to fire the shotgun until all ammo runs out, accomplishing absolutely nothing, and only then tries to escape.

there is movie realism, and there is pure idiocy.

66ee3a63154d1voodoo47

66ee3a6315520
I might go see the new Beetlejuice movie though - watched the animated show to death when I was a kid.

me, early nineties, eyes glued to the tv: "so cool, I wanna be like that"
me, some 35 years later: "well shit"
66ee3a6315787
Half-Life 3 is on the way! And Elvis Presley and John Lennon are co-writing the music for it...

According to various rumours, and one actual mention by a voice actor, Valve were working on a game earlier in the year, named 'Project White Sands", but (again, according to rumours) that game has now been subsumed into an ongoing project which is codenamed 'HLX', supposedly set after the events of Half-Life: Alyx (which logically would make it a prequel to Half-Life 2, and so not really elligible to be named 'Half-Life 3', surely?).

Alright, so various "Half-Life 3 is definitely being worked on" related rumours surface several times a year, and we all know it will almost certainly not end with the release of Half-Life 3, but given this massive (and unique to HL3?) level of fan interest in a game that's never been officially confirmed to be in the making, you'd possible expect to think "Well, the fans certainly do want it, and no matter what it's final quality it will sell exceptionally well, so let's get a team together and start working on it, to please the fans, and earn us another fortune", wouldn't you?
66ee3a631589f
I don't care. The previous entries were good and technically impressive but never among my personal favourites. If they finally drop another one, good. They, for whatever reason, let the franchise die, ok.
« Last Edit: 08. September 2024, 15:58:28 by fox »
66ee3a63159f7
In the (very remote, it seems to me) chance that Valve do release Half-Life 3, then I *really* hope both that it's not virtual reality only (it's still difficult to believe that after all these years Valve haven't released a non-VR version of Half-Life: Alyx), and that it's a 'traditional' Half-Life game, i.e. with no weapon carrying limits, is a straight linear game and not a tedious open world game (I'm so sick of those now) that has very repetitive and unavoidable situations that keep  on cropping up to extend the game's length, no 'pay to win' features, etc.

Modern gaming has really disillusioned me.

66ee3a6315cc6ZylonBane

66ee3a6315d1a
it's still difficult to believe that after all these years Valve haven't released a non-VR version of Half-Life: Alyx
I can't imagine what's difficult to believe about this, since Alyx was created specifically as a VR design showcase, with all combat encounters and object interactions built around VR's capabilities and limitations. A non-VR, non-suck version of Alyx would essentially have to be an all-new game.
66ee3a631602f
I can't imagine what's difficult to believe about this, since Alyx was created specifically as a VR design showcase, with all combat encounters and object interactions built around VR's capabilities and limitations. A non-VR, non-suck version of Alyx would essentially have to be an all-new game.

Pretty different, yes. But it would still sell *massively*, and so garner lots of money, which would please Valve's shareholders, and remove much of the lingering resentment of the many Half-Life fans who felt betrayed by Valve's decision to reduce the first new Half-Life content in thirteen years on a format that not too many people had access to. Valve didn't even port the game to the Playstation's native VR hardware, which disappointed many console fans, myself included. They had previously brought the first Half-Life game to the Playstation 2, Half-Life 2 to the original XBox, and the Orange Box (such a brilliant compilation  :thumb:) to the XBox 360*, and all three releases were fantastic, so Valve does have form for bring their Half-Life games to other formats.

* They later brought the Orange Box to the PS3, which I've heard had some technical problems, but I've not played that version, so can't comment about it.

66ee3a63162e0ZylonBane

66ee3a6316339
But it would still sell *massively*, and so garner lots of money
Right, because if there's one thing Valve is known for, it's doing things just for the money.
66ee3a6316593
Right, because if there's one thing Valve is known for, it's doing things just for the money.

It's true that Valve's share holders aren't exactly starving to death, but I'm quite sure that they'd welcome a few more millions dollars in their bank accounts.

66ee3a631679cDark-Star88

• Company: I freaking wish
66ee3a63167ea
We had to wait for the Crowbar Collective to give us a proper remake of the original game (the Source port was badly underwhelming) and they're just wrapping up on the Blue Shift remake. At this point if I had a magic wand I'd honestly just have Valve pass off any attempt at HL3 to them.

66ee3a63168ddZylonBane

66ee3a631692a
Do I really need to explain how making brand-new games with brand-new stories is a completely different skill set from REMAKING already-proven gameplay and stories?

What you're proposing would be like giving HL3 to Gearbox, only ten times worse than that. As far as original content goes, I wouldn't entrust Crowbar Collective with anything more canon than Half Life: That Guy Driving the Forklift in the Intro.
Acknowledged by: Chandlermaki
66ee3a6316a35
 "Exploding pagers injure 3,000 in suspected Israeli attack on Hezbollah"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnVxkk7NE1c

Some 90s cyberpunk creeping into the real world news today.

66ee3a6316ad3voodoo47

66ee3a6316b21
yeah, seems to be real. well, the Israeli secret service definitely knows how to work some irony in, if nothing else.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Trioptimum executive Edward ____ (Fill in the last name):
16 Guests are here.
"Mírate, hacker. Una criatura patética de huesos y carne. Jadeando y sudando mientras corres por mis pasillos. ¿Cómo puedes desafiar a una máquina perfecta e inmortal?".
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66ee3a631758a