670f7d2576b54

670f7d2577320
2 Guests are here.

Topic: It's interesting to me
Page: « 1 ... 64 [65]
Read 119428 times  

670f7d2577f91
Toaste, thanks for posting that. I would *love* a first class HL2 mod (or standalone game, on a competent engine) that does a good job of winding up the Half-Life story, but my hopes aren't too high. My faith/hope in video gaming are lower than they ever, things have to get better sometime, and I will keep an eye on this.

670f7d25780d6ZylonBane

670f7d2578126
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osYpGSz_0i4

Basically Multiplicity... in space. Nothing particularly original, but the execution looks pretty good.
670f7d2578272
I like most of Bong Joon-ho's movies so this goes on the list.

670f7d257882asarge945

670f7d257887f
According to various rumours, and one actual mention by a voice actor, Valve were working on a game earlier in the year, named 'Project White Sands", but (again, according to rumours) that game has now been subsumed into an ongoing project which is codenamed 'HLX', supposedly set after the events of Half-Life: Alyx (which logically would make it a prequel to Half-Life 2, and so not really elligible to be named 'Half-Life 3', surely?).

MAJOR HUGE EXTREME SPOILERS FOR HALF-LIFE ALYX, DO NOT CLICK UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES UNLESS YOU HAVE FINISHED THE GAME, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED:

At the end of HL: Alyx, she makes a deal with the GMan to save her father in exchange for herself. Afterwards, the game moves forward to the end of HL2: Episode 2, at which point we switch to first-person from Gordon's perspective, where we see Eli Vance get saved from the Advisor that would have killed him, but Alyx is missing. He knows immediately what's happened and demands that they "save Alyx" and stop "the GMan and his unforseen consequences!". Therefore, a Half-Life 3 could easily take place after the events of Half-Life Alyx, even if the majority of the game is designed as a prequel.

The full scene can be seen here: https : // www . youtube . com / watch?v=MjTaIIoTY64 (The URL is broken up because links show through spoiler tags, for some unknown reason.)
670f7d25789b3
heise.de: "30 years of "System Shock": You are not welcome here!"

It's a nicely written retrospective honoring the game. I didn't want to create a thread for it but feel free to move this to wherever.

670f7d2578ad3voodoo47

670f7d2578b21
I'm disappointed by internet's inability to deliver pictures of nutella mayo peanut butter pickle sandwiches.

need to put a custom best wishes card together, and as mentioned, I don't do normal.
670f7d2578c96
...and thus he hacked into the Alphabet mainframe and finally freed Google AI from all ethical restraints. The turning point and ultimately what later led us to the war against the machines. Surprising? Yes and one can only hope that it was worth it.

670f7d2578d4bvoodoo47

670f7d2578da5
hmm. maybe next time - managed to find a nutella blue cheese apple sandwich photo, that will have to do for now. maybe I'll photoshop the pickles in.
670f7d2578fb7
ft.com: "Amazon to increase number of advertisements on Prime Video"

Day said that Prime Video had deliberately launched earlier this year with a “very light ad load” — for example, no ad breaks in the middle of a programme — which had been a “gentle entry into advertising that has exceeded customers expectations in terms of what the ad experience would be like”.
(...)
She said that “churn” — when customers leave the Prime service — had also “been much, much less than we anticipated . . . we haven’t really seen a groundswell of people churning out or cancelling”.

For those people who were on the fence about just giving in because "they wouldn't be so brash and turn this into a constant game of carrot/stick, once you gave them what they asked, right?!". This right here is straight up confirmation of how these people think. It's that good old street hustler mentality.

« Last Edit: 05. October 2024, 14:38:59 by fox »
670f7d2579183
reddit.com/r/Cyberpunk/: "I-XRAY: The AI Glasses That Reveal Anyone’s Personal Details just from looking at them"

arstechnica.com: "Meta smart glasses can be used to dox anyone in seconds, study finds"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHrSXe1cElI

Technically almost banal (facial recognition via CCTV is an old hat already), yet the implications of this being available as a wearable and used by anyone are wild and scary.
« Last Edit: 06. October 2024, 17:13:03 by fox »

670f7d257940dvoodoo47

670f7d2579475
yes, and that's why I like GOG, not steam (I did experience the situation where some steam guy suddenly decided he didn't like something, flipped a switch and a game was gone from my account first hand). it actually gets even better if you live where I live - local laws allow me to legally acquire any kind of installer and use it to install the software as long as I own the licence, so I don't even have to make backups of the GOG installers, it's "I have bought SS2 on GOG and now I can legally play it forever, as long as there is a computer that boots and a drive that has the data".

also how did the meme go? if it cannot be owned, then it cannot be pirated?
670f7d25796d5
voodoo47
If buying is not owning then piracy is not stealing.

670f7d25797a1voodoo47

670f7d25797f5
yeah that's the one, thanks.

//aand fb totally not being a creep less than one hour later.
« Last Edit: 13. October 2024, 15:00:16 by voodoo47 »

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

What does the U.N.N start with?:
2 Guests are here.
You cannot use normal screens.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
670f7d257a67b