66f9a95c83bf4

66f9a95c843f3
6 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 TF's Secmod 3
Page: « 1 ... 18 [19] 20 ... 46 »
Read 189444 times  

66f9a95c84c37
I'm just astounded by everyone's knowledge about modding the game... it's incredible.

About the randomization - would it be possible to add more randomization to containers to spice things up? I've played this game so much I know what will be on pretty much every corpse and desk.
Acknowledged by: ThiefsieFool

66f9a95c84de0voodoo47

66f9a95c84e33
was checking mod/dml compatibility in the last couple of days, and surely enough, there are a few places in the Secmod gamesys where the tool fixup dml set may cause minor issues - the attached dml (extract to the Secmod folder) will flip those switches back. //attached to the first post now.

also, linking RealSG Rebirth for Secmod.
« Last Edit: 18. March 2017, 07:49:46 by voodoo47 »

66f9a95c85079ThiefsieFool

66f9a95c850d0
Cool, feel free to edit stuff like this into the OP, btw, I don't mind and I assume you have the privileges.
Acknowledged by: voodoo47

66f9a95c853d7voodoo47

66f9a95c85428
ok - both attached to the OP, but note that the gamesys dml fix would be better off integrated in the Secmod archive (just like its mission dml brethren).

*hint hint Secmod 3.2 with dml stubs and custom gamesys name* note - once the gamesys name is changed, the dmlfix will need a tweak - let me know.

//also, there are still some compatibility problems with SHTUP-ND - unfortunately, resolving them means checking some 280 models one by one. but it looks like I don't have anything better to do this weekend, so..

//took me barely a hour, forgot how good I'm with copy&paste. ok, list of models not compatible with SHTUP-ND;
Code: [Select]
bay1
bay2
confer
crap
crewsign
hydsign
offic
tram
upper

unless they serve some very specific purpose, they are better off removed from Secmod to attain full SHTUP-ND compatibility. same goes with SHOTCASE - if this is the empty shotgun shell with modified dimensions, it can clash with other mods, so it's probably better off gone as well.

//CW001.tga in obj/txt16 is making the 6x6 grate object invisible.
//the radiation fog effects are really bugging out.
//bloodying of the wrench seems odd and random.
//maybe a bit less of kinetic impact when the player is being hit by projectiles. being thrown around like a cork in a bottle.
//all turret tops, when put back onto a destroyed turret, look like the slug turret top.
//door 44 on eng1 really weird and annoying.
//turret repair sound mutes all ambients for a short while (need to go to another zone to reset them, it seems).

also, it's actually quite easy to spawn all the shotgun effects on the shotgun hybrid at proper places - loading the following dml will do the trick;
DML1

Receptron "Grunt Shotgun Slug" "GruntStim" 0020025D
{
Effect "create_obj"
{
"Position" -3.00, 0.00, 0.00
}
}

Receptron "Grunt Shotgun Slug" "GruntStim" 00200302
{
Effect "create_obj"
{
"Position" -2.00, 0.00, 0.00
}
}

Receptron "Grunt Shotgun Slug" "GruntStim" 00200303
{
Effect "create_obj"
{
"Position" -6.00, 0.00, 0.00
}
}

//player shotgun flash reaaaly wonky. fixable by pasting in a bit of the sg flash mod (fixed objects need to be loaded because the vhotted shotgun is required);
DML1

Link -19 -4573 "GunFlash" 0200000B
{
"VHot" 2
"Flags" Projectile Flash
}
+ObjProp -4573 "Scale"
{
"" 2.00, 2.00, 1.00
}
ObjProp -4573 "ModelName"
{
"" re301_
}
-Receptron "ShotgunFlash" "AirlockStim"
-StimSource "ShotgunFlash" "AirlockStim"

//the epstein device doesn't play very well with the advanced modification system (looks like it can only apply the very first mod to a unmodified weapon, and is useless for anything else).
//the broken recharge station on medsci1 won't allow you to charge all by frobbing, but single items can still be drag frob charged.
« Last Edit: 03. March 2017, 14:14:35 by voodoo47 »

66f9a95c854f1Gunlovers

66f9a95c85549
So here's my question, is the wiring puzzle meant to be played un scaled or what, because the buttons to switch the wire never seem to function correctly.
Like I go to click and it does nothing 9/10 times. The one time it does it moves it.

66f9a95c85680Nameless Voice

66f9a95c856d4
It's a bit buggy.  Make sure that the edge of wire that you are trying to move is highlighted before clicking.  If it isn't, move the mouse slightly.
I think it's also a bit buggy if you use it when you are really close to a wall - step away a little.

In theory, it could be done better with some of the new engine's functionality, but I have no desire to re-code the entire thing.

66f9a95c857a0Gunlovers

66f9a95c857ef
Oh my god, Thank you very much for answering my question, great mod, i fucking loved the first impressions barring the wiring, the worms ambushing you when you start is..  :lordy:

Good job on the mod. Hope you do more work on this if you ever do!
Acknowledged by: ThiefsieFool

66f9a95c85a3bvoodoo47

66f9a95c85a95
un scaled
yes, the custom overlays do not work well in resolutions below 1024*768, so if you are scaling your hud, you may have to force it to not scale too much.

66f9a95c85b55Dark-Star

66f9a95c85ba8
Hello once again all. I am truly Shocked (haha) that this mod is actually going strong, and even more impressed with what you've added to the retail game that fits in 100%.

That being said I'm either having the biggest blonde moment of my life or has the transmitter code changed?

66f9a95c85ee3hemebond

66f9a95c85f35
I hope more codes get changed. Or even randomised.

66f9a95c85fcbNameless Voice

66f9a95c86016
The puzzle code really is ideal for it, since it's one of the few codes that isn't spoken.

66f9a95c860e6Magamrock

66f9a95c8613b
Hey guys, could someone please explain in English how to use this Mod. I'm using the gog version of the game.

66f9a95c8620bvoodoo47

66f9a95c86293
patch up with SS2tool, load Secmod as shown here (you can load everything just like on that picture, just substitute SCP with Secmod), and unpack the dmlfix archive into the Secmod folder once everything is done.

66f9a95c863d6Chris Rosenkreutz

66f9a95c86425
I'm getting a crash on travelling to the Rickenbacker with Secmod. The problem is definitely the gamesys rather than the map alone: renaming shock2.gam in the Secmod folder before the transition, saving after it and renaming it back works and only seems to break a few things. Then I got the crash again entering the second Rickenbacker map.

I'm playing with the latest Secmod, ss2tool and the dml fixes and it still happens if Secmod is the only mod.

66f9a95c864c2voodoo47

66f9a95c86510
you should have a shock2.log and crash.dmp in your SS2 folder, zip them up, upload to some online storage and post the link.
66f9a95c865fc
Can I make a couple suggestions?

-Randomize more loot
-Smasher with Laser Rapier is way too strong, or maybe just Smasher is too OP?

66f9a95c8690dThiefsieFool

66f9a95c8696a
Can I make a couple suggestions?

-Randomize more loot
-Smasher with Laser Rapier is way too strong, or maybe just Smasher is too OP?

Corpse loot? That's hard to randomize without more custom scripts, can also mess with balance significantly.

Rapier got about a 9% damage boost, and had its Energy skill requirement lowered from 4 to 3, which means once you're at Energy 4+ you're also doing +15% damage than you would with the old rapier, about +25% total.
That doesn't seem like a lot to me, Smasher was improved to increase damage from 50% (actually wildly variable across the melee weapons) to 70% across the board but it still slows down your swinging a lot even with Secmod's sped up animation for raising the weapon, I'm not sure it boosts your DPS at all (before it was so bad it significantly reduced it ) and thus it's more of a utility thing (taking advantage of unaware enemies) than something that can be really overpowered.

In general the rapier is kind of a weak weapon as a concept, it has a big penalty when used against the wrong targets (bigger than that of other melee weapons) and everything it does full bonus damage to will explode in your face, it needs all the help it can get.
I remember I was thinking about something like a special death animation for robots felled with the rapier, where they fall apart in clean halves and explode after a delay that lets you avoid taking damage.
66f9a95c86a8b
Not necessarily corpse loot, but in general, a way to randomize loot in any or multiple capacities would be welcome for those of us that have been playing this game forever.

RE: rapier: when you put it like that, it makes sense. I just remember one-shotting everything with it even when custom editing enemy HP on Impossible and I thought, "This is not really fun." Even on organics!

66f9a95c86b99ZylonBane

66f9a95c86bf2
I've yet to actually play SecMod (sorry!), but I know it tweaks pretty much everything, so I was wondering if among the changes/additions there's anything like Thief's noisemaker arrow, that lets you cast a noise source to draw away AIs.

66f9a95c86cdaThiefsieFool

66f9a95c86d29
Not exactly, but there are various hand grenades you can throw in the game, they should make enough noise. Using a grenade like that might be a waste, but if you want to draw away AIs in this game I assume they're the ones dangerous enough not to be scratched by a single hand grenade.

66f9a95c86dc0Pullaposki

66f9a95c86e15
Played the mod thru on impossible to Shodan. She was IMPOSSIBLE, had to switch to easy to win (still very hard).
66f9a95c86fb6
I beat her on Hard difficulty with heavy use of save scumming.
A final boss being too hard is generally way, way better than being too easy, because it's the climax and what you've been strategizing for, and what the plot has been building up to. Not to mention final bosses are usually omnipotent or some variation of very powerful, and if it's not reflected in the gameplay that's just dumb. Lastly it's just anti-climatic and boring. But that's "easy" all over.

Anyhow, it's likely Shodan is redesigned with heavy save scumming in mind. Just save every successful hack or good damage output vs little damage input and you're good.

66f9a95c8709dPullaposki

66f9a95c870ea
I played with 2 saves / deck to Command deck but it got tediously difficult from there on and I had to break the rule.

I love the mod for the headshots, gameplay improvements and for the difficult hybrids, midwives and robots, hate it for too much spawning and overall untested impossible difficulty.

Still, I'm very grateful for the modmaker(s) for this opportunity, it brought this classic to life in a new, unforgiving way. Hats off.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a perfect, immortal ____? (Fill in the missing word):
6 Guests are here.
Don't step on corn! Flag the corn.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66f9a95c8a5a3