66f8c9f8aeac9

66f8c9f8af458
11 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 TF's Secmod 3
Page: « 1 ... 10 [11] 12 ... 46 »
Read 188909 times  

66f8c9f8afd88ThiefsieFool

66f8c9f8afde7
Oh I know what that is, I'm not at home but you can fix it yourself by opening that gam file in ShockEd, running the reload_schemas command in the console (click on the big empty square), then saving the gam.
66f8c9f8aff1b
Downloaded ShockEd, went into File > Open, chose the shock2.gam file you posted, hit reload schemas, and it crashes. Every time. :(
66f8c9f8b016d
You need to load a map before you start editing the gamesys.
66f8c9f8b0245
How do I do that? I just followed TF's post as best I could.
66f8c9f8b03bf
File -> Open -> .\SystemShock2\Data\ whatever map you like to pick.
They are the ones with .mis at the end.
66f8c9f8b04ac
So if I pick a specific map and edit the gamesys, would the changes only affect that map?
66f8c9f8b058b
No, the editor just goes haywire if there is no map and you edit the gamesys
66f8c9f8b0672
Okay, opened a .mis file, then opened the shock2.gam, hit reload schemas from the File drop down selection and still crashes. :'(

66f8c9f8b071fYankee Clipper

66f8c9f8b0769
You don't actually use the "open" dialog with the .gam file. Once you have opened the .mis file, do your editing and then save the .gam file, overwriting the old one. I know it seems ass backwards, but that is only because it is.

66f8c9f8b0878
Lmao... uh... you lost me there.  :stroke:

I really don't know what 'editing' I'm supposed to do... TF just said to hit reload_schemas. That IS ass backwards!

Ugh, this sucks. I wish I was more familiar with this kind of thing.  :what:

66f8c9f8b0968Yankee Clipper

66f8c9f8b09b4
The editor already has the .gam loaded. It knows which one to load based on the path info in one of the configuration files. That is a big part of what Blue Mod Manager does - it sets that path. So, once you load the .mis file, make the changes and do your save. You just don't have to load the .gam because ShockEd is already making changes to what it loaded from that file.

That's what I mean by ass backwards. You have to load a file that you will not be touching so that you can  make changes to a file that is already loaded automatically.

Just wait. Someone will pop in to say it makes complete sense.
66f8c9f8b0b3e
I see... that is silly.  :lordy:

Should I put the ShockEd files in the main folder that I would use to play SS2? Because Nameless Voice's write-up/tutorial of ShockEd, said not to.

This is what I did, and PLEASE feel free to correct me.

-Put ShockEd in a dummy SS2 root folder that I used to play on
-Open it up
-Select a .mis file from SS2/Data (in the dummy SS2 folder)
-Then I open the shock2.gam file
-Hit reload schemas, crash

What I find odd is that, no matter what, if I hit reload schemas from the File drop-down, it crashes. If I type it and save, and replace the gamesys file in Secmod 3 folder, I start up the game, and nothing in the Ramsay center is loaded; NPCs are standing with their arms pointing out opposite sides, there's no clutter, no art, no sound... I just don't understand.

I know I'm doing something wrong, but never in my many years of playing this game have I had this much of an issue. Really sucks too, because this is one of my all-time favorite games.

66f8c9f8b0c64voodoo47

66f8c9f8b0cb3
I think you  should just wait for TF to fix it up.
66f8c9f8b0f51
I think you  should just wait for TF to fix it up.
Yeah, probably a good idea. I don't want to mess anything else up.

I hope he does!

66f8c9f8b1034ThiefsieFool

66f8c9f8b108b
Yikes, hope this finally works

66f8c9f8b138e
Yikes, hope this finally works

Yep, it works! Everything is good so far! I have to say, everyone here, especially TF, has been extraordinarily helpful and I REALLY appreciate it! I play a lot of older games so help is hard to come by, but at least I can come here for help. Thanks again everyone, and I hope I have no more problems, but if I do, I hope you all will be as helpful! :)
Acknowledged by: ThiefsieFool

66f8c9f8b144cSoldierG65434-2

66f8c9f8b149f
I've run into an issue with this otherwise great mod. Every time I interact with one of the circuit board puzzles, I am no longer able to puck up items from crates/corpses or hack/modify. I have to restart the game to be able to. A bit of a problem on Engineering. 

66f8c9f8b1541ThiefsieFool

66f8c9f8b15b8
The problem might be you don't have Fire bound to leftclick and Use to rightclick, the puzzle swaps those buttons around for convenience, so that you can leftclick on the puzzle's interface. We'll look into it either way and see if that's the issue and how it can be fixed.
66f8c9f8b1728
I played a bit of this and did like what I played, with the exception of some oddities(like a hybrid attacking 3 to 4 times faster than normal, making it look ridiculous in game). I'll get back to this mod once I'm done with the main game, but can you tell me if there's any point in collecting the empty hypos that get dropped whenever you use a hypo, or are they just for decoration?

66f8c9f8b1818ThiefsieFool

66f8c9f8b186b
Empty hypos can be used for inventory combinations, but you need the Tinker trait to do the ones that involve empty hypos, recipes for those are in the readme.
The hybrid attacks were only sped up enough to make you work a bit at dodging them as it's far too easy normally, they are also faster on Hard and Impossible and slower on Easy.
66f8c9f8b1974
I have a big problem with this mod in engineering I can not get into the room to vent the radiation does not enter the gate code is not changed if the key is a guide to this or is it a bug or error?

66f8c9f8b1a0cThiefsieFool

66f8c9f8b1a5b
The code is changed, just look at the log's text to see what it is.
66f8c9f8b1dab
I've come across a bug. When i reload a game i get a "security systems online!" and the countdown, though without any actual countdown, just the image. I noticed that the image goes away if you activate the alarm again and wait, but it did trigger this bug again once i saved and reloaded (i use quicksave, if that matters).

I've also noticed that you can't put things back into the containers? I'm pretty sure you can do that in the default game (been a few years since i played SS2).

I have a few other mods, but they're purely graphical in nature so i dont think they would trigger something like this, most of my own mods + shtup, rebirth, objfixes, four hundred.

66f8c9f8b200dvoodoo47

66f8c9f8b2069
I've also noticed that you can't put things back into the containers? I'm pretty sure you can do that in the default game (been a few years since i played SS2).
no, a false memory.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, hacker: a ____ creature of meat and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
11 Guests are here.
Bae > Bay
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66f8c9f8b2dde