66f8ff6f689d5

66f8ff6f6907e
3 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 TF's Secmod 3
Page: « 1 ... 12 [13] 14 ... 46 »
Read 189001 times  

66f8ff6f69870voodoo47

66f8ff6f698ef
not really a texture guy, but yeah, non-power of two textures are better off gone. Shocked should display the offending stuff when loading the map(s).

it would also be nice to get rid of the broken objects that don't work with SHTUP-ND (I was digging around a bit and seem like Secmod includes a bunch of vanilla objects for no apparent reason, and that they have been modified in some inappropriate way that breaks the hires textures) - I think just merging in the fixed objects pack into Secmod (and overwriting) should do the trick (SCP does this as well). //no, this will not help, as some of those objects are not in the fixed objects pack.
« Last Edit: 05. January 2016, 13:14:49 by voodoo47 »

66f8ff6f69c1bThiefsieFool

66f8ff6f69c74
Fixed those textures, get this attachment and put them in mesh/txt16, let me know if this removes the crashes and also if the smartgun's texture still looks alright with these changes

removed attachment, get latest secmod for updated textures
« Last Edit: 12. January 2016, 07:45:09 by ThiefsieFool »

66f8ff6f69d17Unicron

66f8ff6f69d76
That did it!  Thank you so much!  I can't thank you enough!
66f8ff6f6a01a
24bit PNGs
If these work as well, I'll gladly add them to the mod.

66f8ff6f6a12eNameless Voice

66f8ff6f6a188
I'm just going to point out that the 24-bit PNG zip is much bigger.
66f8ff6f6a269
I know. That's why I expressly said it's 24 bits PNGs. Possibly 8bit PNGs would be enough.

66f8ff6f6a30cThiefsieFool

66f8ff6f6a363
They're 621k compared to 1.2m for bitmaps so it is an improvement, a higher concern right now is if the new resized textures look distorted or not in-game, haven't been able to check that yet
66f8ff6f6a460
Coll mod good work. But i have 1 problem. My game crash all time when i go under the water in the new map. I can go only 1 time under the water. If i go a 2nd time, crash all time.. Any idea please ?

66f8ff6f6a4f5ThiefsieFool

66f8ff6f6a53f
Do you see an oxygen meter when going in the water? Maybe you don't have the latest Newdark installed.

66f8ff6f6a5ddThiefsieFool

66f8ff6f6a630
version 3.16 is up, smartgun has fixed PNG textures now, fixing the crash bug on Rec, I've also disabled the flamethrower's muzzle flame since it can crash on the latest Newdark sometimes

66f8ff6f6a883voodoo47

66f8ff6f6a8d8
Any idea please ?
posting your shock2.log and crash.dmp (both in your SS2 folder, zip them up, upload to some online storage and post the link) would be a good start.

66f8ff6f6aa6fvoodoo47

66f8ff6f6aac3
argh, knew I forgot something - TF, I know that you also do a bunch of shenanigans with the shotgun hybrid so its shotgun would get properly  removed once the player loots it, so you'll probably want to grab the fixed model that makes this look less buggy.

you also should nab the good stuff from SCP, like the shotgun/shotgun hybrid muzzle flashes (if you haven't already - I have to admit that I didn't check the last few Secmod versions).

//had a quick look, and you already have muzzle flashes, but not the fixed hybrid model. also, I would really, really recommend relighting the levels into 32bit. also, one completely optional thing - consider adding the (SCP/vanilla SS2tool patched) gamesys dml stubs, so that dml stub mods would be Secmod compatible.

//the transparent (SHTUP-ND) sign problem is still there (removing Secmod tram.bin fixes it. also, the sneaky evil thing here is that you need to go into the game mode to actually see the issue).
[still_transparent.jpg expired]
« Last Edit: 11. January 2016, 21:12:31 by Kolya »

66f8ff6f6ab5bvoodoo47

66f8ff6f6aba7
also, is the hydro2 map correct? seems to be just a clone of hydro1.

66f8ff6f6ac84ThiefsieFool

66f8ff6f6acd0
- does removing the tram.bin fix the thing where you can't see objects from inside the tram, or is it something else? that's what I would most hope is fixable, not sure what that window floating in mid-air is
- with regards to relighting, I would, I'm just not sure if there are levels where relying on reconstruct_lights changes the lighting too much (most secmod levels are stripped)
- hydro2 is not used, secmod used shydro2.mis and sshodan.mis since forever to prevent .DIF files from altering the levels
66f8ff6f6afd9
Do you see an oxygen meter when going in the water? Maybe you don't have the latest Newdark installed.

No i will try it ! Thank you for your quick answers :)

66f8ff6f6b614voodoo47

66f8ff6f6b678
- does removing the tram.bin fix the thing where you can't see objects from inside the tram, or is it something else? that's what I would most hope is fixable, not sure what that window floating in mid-air is
eh, should have circled the problem red. it's not about the tram, it's about the tram sign (its model name is tram.bin), I'm pointing my crosshair on it. Secmod includes a modified model of it, which (as mentioned by ZB) has been edited in a way that slightly breaks it, and it will show as a disappearing bluish slab if SHTUP-ND is loaded. I know about three sign textures that display this behavior, and there is probably more. would recommend kicking all unnecessary object models out of Secmod (unless the model edit is something that is needed for Secmod to work properly).
- with regards to relighting, I would, I'm just not sure if there are levels where relying on reconstruct_lights changes the lighting too much (most secmod levels are stripped)
I wouldn't be too afraid - the benefits should outweigh the potential risk of the lighting not looking 100% correct at a few places.
- hydro2 is not used, secmod used shydro2.mis and sshodan.mis since forever to prevent .DIF files from altering the levels
I see. this means that the standard SS2tool fixup dmls will not get applied, but that's not a big deal.

66f8ff6f6b76fUnicron

66f8ff6f6b7c9
Can someone help me with a segment of the actual game? 

I'm at recreation and I just don't know what to do.  I can't advance any further.  I got to the center elevator in the big room but there's no way to open the door.

66f8ff6f6b877ThiefsieFool

66f8ff6f6b8c3
You just need to activate the transmitter with the code you get from looking at wall art

66f8ff6f6b9d1ZylonBane

66f8ff6f6ba23
So you looked at the notes and there were no pending goals?
Acknowledged by: Colonel SFF

66f8ff6f6badcUnicron

66f8ff6f6bb33
I did, but it just says to find the transmitter.  I don't even know where to begin to look.

66f8ff6f6bbe0ThiefsieFool

66f8ff6f6bc2c
It's in the basketball court in Athletics, there should be at least one audio log to mention this, kind of a flimsy connection but I'll take it over "Now would you kindly head on over to the basketball court, ..."

66f8ff6f6bdf1code371

66f8ff6f6be56
I faced with some issue.. When the hybrid runs at you and you move backward - He doesn't attack you until you stops, very annoying! When i deactivate Secmod to compare it with the original game, i found that hybrids do about the same, but after some seconds they trying to walked around the side to attack you, so it doesn't metter if you stops or not when moving backward, they 100% trying to attack you during running at you. Is there any way to fix their behavior in secmod? It's just not interesting to play, becouse they do not present any danger to you(((

I also figure out that AlyaMod 2 doesnt have this issue.
« Last Edit: 13. March 2016, 12:09:09 by code371 »

66f8ff6f6bf1dcode371

Acknowledged by: callum13117

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the AI in System Shock 2 that shares its name with a Persian king:
3 Guests are here.
But when your return, it's the same old place
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66f8ff6f6f44c