66ee39bc7782b

66ee39bc78b07
4 Guests are here.

Topic: SBF commercial on youtube Read 5163 times  

66ee39bc79135Chandlermaki

66ee39bc791a2
I was thinking about making a sort of... commercial for strangebedfellows... on youtube. does that sound like a good idea?

66ee39bc793e4Lambda 00

66ee39bc7942e
We could use more publicity! :D

Found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5YNM31hX38

Of course there are a few spelling errors, but they are minor.  Nice job.  :thumbwink:
« Last Edit: 12. January 2014, 01:19:06 by Kolya »

66ee39bc794bfChandlermaki

66ee39bc79507
lolz ya... me spell not so good.
66ee39bc795f9
Haha, very nice. Thanks for your work Chandlermaki.  :)
I WANNA GET PSYCHO!!! LOL

btw, we don't have skins for all weapons yet.
But what the hell, we'll soon have. Go RocketMan!
« Last Edit: 14. February 2008, 17:17:51 by Kolya »

66ee39bc796demiracle.flame

66ee39bc79727
heey not bad at all. )))
this will surely attract some more bees on the flowers soon.

66ee39bc797cbChandlermaki

66ee39bc79814
When I said every weapon, I meant the majority of them... my mistake. :p

Oh, and I've just registered FRAPS, and am thinking of making a more high quality video. :thumbwink:
66ee39bc79941
Tags: °video °SS2
Chandlermaki made a new commercial and I like this one much better.  :thumbwink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUDdcYIuy_k
« Last Edit: 12. January 2014, 01:19:34 by Kolya »

66ee39bc79a61ZylonBane

66ee39bc79aac
That is really, really terrible.

Well okay, as a whole it's just really terrible. But the music in the second half is really really really terrible, so it averages out.
« Last Edit: 02. April 2008, 00:52:06 by ZylonBane »

66ee39bc79b4eEvaUnit02

66ee39bc79b96
Dear Christ, who in their right mind would've ever thought that scoring a SS2 video with some anonymous nu-metal dreck was a good idea? Stick to making AMVs until you've grown up.

66ee39bc79c47Chandlermaki

66ee39bc79c98
Ok... So for the next one I'll stick with music from the SS2 soundtrack. And probably get some footage of BioShock and SS1 while I'm at it.

66ee39bc79d33miracle.flame

66ee39bc79d7c
At least it's better than the first teaser... speaking of the concept.

66ee39bc79e02Chandlermaki

66ee39bc79e4a
OK. I wont use windows movie make anymore.

66ee39bc79ed1ZylonBane

66ee39bc79f19
Windows Movie Maker isn't the problem.

66ee39bc7a3ccThiefsieFool

66ee39bc7a5d9
Some more constructive criticism please. We got the music, which isn't that great. Chandler said he will try to use something from the SS2 OST, which I think is a good idea. There's also a freeze at 0:40. What else?
About Bioshock footage: I'd rather hang that low. Because we can't seriously say we had a lot of mods or even support for Bioshock here. We're really focussed on SS1 and SS2 and I think that should come out.

66ee39bc7a742ZylonBane

66ee39bc7a791
Promotional videos for websites have always been a bit of a rarity, but there's one that's stuck in my memory for a few years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE0-FED8cLs

Now obviously all the custom 3D animation is beyond the scope of most people, but I think what made that video really memorable wasn't the fancy (for the time) 3D, but rather the pacing-- snappy edits, nothing pointless lingering on the screen. The upbeat music helped too.

66ee39bc7ab17Chandlermaki

66ee39bc7ab6d
Windows Movie Maker isn't the problem.
I can do much more with something else.
As far as the 3D stuff goes, There isn't really a reason to put that in.
I'm still looking for a way to put in the SS2 scenes (perts of them anyway) and still get them saved. It's currently not letting me. I tried virtualDub and that did nothing. Weird.
Taking that back. Ripped them directly off CD. No codec problem. Now for the real one...
Im going to do alot more work than last time.

Any ideas for music or should I stick with the SS2 soundtrack?
« Last Edit: 08. April 2008, 22:15:52 by Chandlermaki »

66ee39bc7acb5Not You

66ee39bc7ad07
I can't help but feel that this commercial completely sucks. . .

I think you should try to aim for the same impression that GT gave when they did their "Top Ten Horror Games" special.  SS2 came in 9th, by the way.
66ee39bc7b1ff
Any ideas for music or should I stick with the SS2 soundtrack?
The SS2 OST is the obvious choice.
An alternative I've been thinking about would be something by Daft Punk. There's some thematic relation as they play on the same human vs. machine theme that SS2 incorporates so well.
(Check out the red triangle video to see what would happen if SHODAN came to earth and decided to rule humanity by becoming a rockstar. It would get very loud, that much is sure.)
A few songs that might lend themselves to be used: the beginning of the Encore set or Robot Rock or even Technologic.
Thing is, when people watch the commercial you don't want them to think: "Oh, they used Daft Punk." (Or any other band.)
But they should just say: "Whoo this kicks ass!"
Well, it was just an idea.

66ee39bc7b477Chandlermaki

66ee39bc7b4ca
I can't help but feel that this commercial completely sucks. . .

I think you should try to aim for the same impression that GT gave when they did their "Top Ten Horror Games" special.  SS2 came in 9th, by the way.
Then, there needs to be lots of footage of Rec.
66ee39bc7b722
Ok, here are some thoughts for your next try:

- Use only one song for the entire clip. Choose it before you actually cut the video.
- Arrange the cuts/transitions of your video so that they match the rythm of this song.
- Make sure that the things you want to show are shown in the most aesthetic and attractive way you can imagine. No nervous jumping around and stuff like that. It has to look like a scene from a blockbuster not like the average guy messing around. It should look as lifelike as possible.
- Don't try to hide your cuts. They are more than obvious anyway so use short blackscreens between the two clips or -where appropriate- a cross dissolve.
- Timing is very important.
- Planning your scenes beforehand will save you a lot of time and diskspace.
- You'll have to watch it over and over again and everytime you do it, you'll have to try to get yourself in the mindset of a person that just stumbled over the video for the first time. It's very difficult and a bit like choosing a perfume. After smelling the first three samples it gets fuzzy and you'll need to stand back and take a break.
- Get yourself some info on basic filmmaking.

kthxbye

« Last Edit: 11. April 2008, 19:50:18 by fox »

66ee39bc7b83emiracle.flame

66ee39bc7b897
Most importantly think over the whole thing very well before you start to capture anything. Try to show as much material as possible in the shortest possible time. The cuts or transitions don't have to be blackened...it would be very impressive if you were able to make a crossfading transition between two perfectly same scenes with the before/after difference. Just an idea.
Good luck next time  :thumbwink:

66ee39bc7bb3dChandlermaki

66ee39bc7bbc5
Most importantly think over the whole thing very well before you start to capture anything. Try to show as much material as possible in the shortest possible time. The cuts or transitions don't have to be blackened...it would be very impressive if you were able to make a crossfading transition between two perfectly same scenes with the before/after difference. Just an idea.
Good luck next time  :thumbwink:
Thanks. I promise this one will be better.
4 Guests are here.
Child “Grandad, what did you work as when you were younger?” Grandad “Well, I stood still.” Child “....oh”
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66ee39bc7cde9