66ef3b82d0e08

66ef3b82d187a
10 Guests are here.

66ef3b82d22beRocketMan

Re: System Shock Remake Feedback Request - Night Dive Studios
66ef3b82d2319
It might be a good opportunity for them to tweak some of the FPS avatar art and weapon animations to bring out the nerd hacker thing.  Re-draw the hand and wrist to look more like mine lol.  The animations could indicate the weight and inertia of the weapons.  The weapons can still be powerful because... gun.  But at least our hero starts to look a little more flawed.
Acknowledged by: Hikari
66ef3b82d25a7
Just going off the opening cutscene. Hacker isn't some kind of soldier by trade. He might be fit due to the whole 'dystopia and needing to evade johnny law' thing. However yea. It's mostly I don't want to doomify shock outside of the easiest combat settings.

Y'know? I suppose the fear is a bit unfounded but I figure going on record wasn't a terrible idea.

66ef3b82d26baJosiahJack

66ef3b82d2705
Our hacker is already flawed, considering he got caught within minutes of hacking Triop.  He might like hacking, but doesn't mean he is good at it.

66ef3b82d2822RocketMan

66ef3b82d286b
Agreed.  The sentiment is merely that we keep him that way in his in-game portrayal.  For example, one thing that would be off-putting for me would be a truck-driver arm covered in hair, swinging a wrench with the same agility as a boxing jab.  Bioshock had a rather swift swinging animation IIRC.  If you pick up a wrench or lead pipe and it has roughly the same dimensions as your forearm, it ought to be sufficiently heavy that a person who spends a disproportionate amount of time physically inactive (a computer nerd) shouldn't be able to swing it around like it was a wooden cooking spoon.  In SS1, the pipe swing was indeed not instantaneous and had to be timed to some extent.  The same should go for this remake.  It's a heavy blunt object.  It takes a second to get it moving fast enough to hurt a mutated human  :headshot:
Acknowledged by 2 members: Hikari, JosiahJack
66ef3b82d2bdb
Make a cross platform implementation that can use either PC or Mac asset files

This should be quite easy, they are mostly same data format as PC version just wrapped in mac specific file. As should extending the resourcesystem to load external files instead of .res packages.
I bet the source files include all res package generation (and extraction most likely too) tools, so using those could remove any need for editing the game sources...
66ef3b82d2da1
Kick publicly shitting on shit games.

https://twitter.com/pripyatbeast/status/735270041550127104

Forcing myself to finish #Uncharted4 to get some closure on a poorly written story and bad game design.

Gets a thumbs up from me and shows good things about his character in my eyes, e.g not afraid to speak his mind and no frigid PR speak.
66ef3b82d2e91
66ef3b82d31ff
A photo of the NightDive crew preparing the Kickstarter campaign launch video.

66ef3b82d3291RocketMan

66ef3b82d32da
Forget that... look at that banner of citadel station!
66ef3b82d33b3
According to their facebook they will release a wallpaper pack 'in a couple weeks.'

66ef3b82d3433RocketMan

66ef3b82d3485
JOY.... ECSTASY...

66ef3b82d373bZylonBane

66ef3b82d378a
Forget that... look at that banner of citadel station!
Huh? I see an X-Men poster, a Dark Forces box, a grid of lights, a camera, an antique monitor, lots of flashlights... but no banner of Citadel Station.

EDIT: Oh, you mean that ass-ugly blinged out thing they have as their Twitter background.

Good god, it looks like someone ran the original Citadel Station through a Deviantart filter, or like it should be floating around Los Angeles blaring about how a new life awaits you on the off-world colonies. And they didn't even bother correcting the number of groves.
« Last Edit: 09. June 2016, 01:11:57 by ZylonBane »
66ef3b82d38bb
Meh.
66ef3b82d3b62
And they didn't even bother correcting the number of groves.
What if they're adding new ones in the remake?

66ef3b82d3c1eRocketMan

66ef3b82d3c6a
Drawing my attention to that flaw... I guess it does look weird having so many.  They should be bigger too.

I REALLY don't have an eye for detail (which in a bugged game is a good thing).  I never catch the laundry list of flaws you do.

66ef3b82d3eabLearonys

66ef3b82d3eda
Drawing my attention to that flaw... I guess it does look weird having so many.  They should be bigger too.

I REALLY don't have an eye for detail (which in a bugged game is a good thing).  I never catch the laundry list of flaws you do.

And then there's the people that don't care at all (like me). Their pre-alpha trailer looked pretty good to me at that stage and is more representative to the remaster than an image of the exterior of Citadel Station, so yeah. About the groves, they have exactly double (counting Gamma grove) the amount of groves in the image so I think they've put more thought in it than what seems at first glance.
66ef3b82d3fe9
Amount of groves is wrong in original intro. They didn't put any thought to it like ZB said.

66ef3b82d4081ZylonBane

66ef3b82d40cb
It's not just the intro, the 3D model of Citadel they built shows up in vmails and wall screens throughout the game.
Acknowledged by: Gawain

66ef3b82d41b4Learonys

66ef3b82d41fd
This may be true, but my point still stands. I'm pretty sure the amount of time one spends in the groves and in the executive level greatly outweigh the amount of time one watches the intro, vmails and heavily pixelated wall screens. Off course, they must've played this game before this would be true, but i'm pretty sure they have after some of the replies by Night Dive Studios on this website.

I think they know of both, but that they made their choice for a reason.

66ef3b82d4288ZylonBane

66ef3b82d42d2
"I don't care" isn't really much of a point.

66ef3b82d4496Learonys

66ef3b82d44e1
"I don't care" isn't really much of a point.

I don't care because...? I'm pretty sure you read what comes after those words.

66ef3b82d4607RocketMan

66ef3b82d4655
If the groves were just some ornamental part of the space station (like the shields... you never have to 'go to' the shields, you merely turn them on so they can look like whatever) then it wouldn't be a big deal but you actually do visit the groves and walk around inside them.  Therefore you expect to see the places you've visited, with which you have a close personal connection in the game, properly arranged on the maps and external camera views and everywhere else.  When you see 8 pods, it produces a WTF? moment where you wonder which one you were just in, which one was jettisoned, which one is the north one, etc.  My lack of observational skills let this slide by but this isn't the first time I've been aware of this error.  I have noticed it in the past and think it ought to be fixed.

66ef3b82d46efMooztik

66ef3b82d4737
just release source code and ressources as open source - then let the community do the work. concentrate your time on SS3.

66ef3b82d4a98Learonys

66ef3b82d4aec
If the groves were just some ornamental part of the space station (like the shields... you never have to 'go to' the shields, you merely turn them on so they can look like whatever) then it wouldn't be a big deal but you actually do visit the groves and walk around inside them.  Therefore you expect to see the places you've visited, with which you have a close personal connection in the game, properly arranged on the maps and external camera views and everywhere else.  When you see 8 pods, it produces a WTF? moment where you wonder which one you were just in, which one was jettisoned, which one is the north one, etc.  My lack of observational skills let this slide by but this isn't the first time I've been aware of this error.  I have noticed it in the past and think it ought to be fixed.

That's exactly what I thought, except that I don't think it's a mistake, and instead did this for a reason. Why i think this is because of two reasons:
- Why would, or should they care so much about a twitter background? It looks cool, is supposed to look cool and that's what most people care about.
- If they did care enough about these details, I'm sure they as developers of a remaster know enough about the original to notice such a discrepancy.
10 Guests are here.
The answer to that question is under your seat.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66ef3b82d555c