66ef29898ac99

66ef29898b2c5
10 Guests are here.

Topic: SSR The System Shock demo is OUT!
Page: « 1 ... 10 [11] 12 13 »
Read 26474 times  

66ef29898bc14voodoo47

66ef29898bc76
if someone being bothered by something bothers you, maybe you shouldn't be on the internet.
66ef29898bf3d
I see gamification of the backer experience is now in full swing. At least they are trying to make it somewhat transparent, ie you get a mission and that's your reward. Unlike the obscure and pseudo-mystical attempts for Bioshock.
66ef29898c0bd
I notice a lot of 'follow us on x' instead of thngs like 'fan art' or 'send in world/story submissions.' or things like 'Give us a biography of someone who died on citadel.' Things where there is immediate feedback, fan participation, and general 'we want to see what awesome YOU can come up with' and instead are very stock/standard 'follow our social media sites' that is the same like/share/follow bleating you constantly hear, see, and learn to ignore.

Weaksauce guys, severe weaksauce. We are not as numerous as CoD fanboys. However we are vocal and creative. Reward us for that voice and creativity.
66ef29898c511
Weaksauce guys, severe weaksauce. We are not as numerous as CoD fanboys. However we are vocal and creative. Reward us for that voice and creativity.
... what?
66ef29898c621
He wants rewards for creative fanwork instead of clicking Follow buttons on various social media sites.

It used to be that you would hold a competition in hopes that people would then talk about it and thereby create a PR buzz. Nowadays you just offer rewards directly for doing PR.
66ef29898c861
He wants rewards for creative fanwork instead of clicking Follow buttons on various social media sites.
I get that, only the last sentence sounds like he's throwing a temper tantrum unless demands are met. Just found that funny.

66ef29898c9a5Nameless Voice

66ef29898c9ff
That would be a lot more interesting if you could choose which reward your points go towards.

Why would anyone want to go through that much trouble for, e.g. one of the dev team getting a tattoo?  And actually interesting things like the choice of a female hacker are all the way at the top of the point scale, meaning that people who are interested have to trudge through all the useless stuff before they can get there.

Ringtone/texttone is funny.  Why would you need some special one, so long as the sound files are accessible?  I've been using the TriOp jingle for years.
Acknowledged by: Learonys
66ef29898caf3
You wouldn't download a car!  :stroke:

66ef29898cb74voodoo47

66ef29898cbca
would download the world if I could.
66ef29898ccaa
You would only introduce conflicts. And then we'd have a bad merge and a botched release of "world". Just like the last time.

66ef29898ce10icemann

66ef29898ce67
There is one bit in that, that annoyed me a fair bit:

"28 - Add System Shock 2 Bonus Remix to Remix Album Stretch Goal"

If I'm reading it right, then that would be optional System Shock 2 music placed into SS1. That makes no sense at all. I get that Night Dive loves SS2 more than SS1, but turning this reboot even more into SS2 is not a good idea.

What they should have had, was remixed SS1 tracks in the style of the original game. That would make actual sense.

66ef29898cf60ZylonBane

66ef29898cfaa
I agree that that interpretation makes no sense at all. It clearly says "remix album", not "in-game music".
Acknowledged by: icemann
66ef29898d0fd
As far as I am concerned they can scrap the female player idea. I do not even want it if it is going to be some kind of bonus carrot at the very far end of the stick, after stupid things like team member tattoos. You already know it is never going to happen now.
Acknowledged by 2 members: Kolya, Nameless Voice

66ef29898d1a6Hikikomori

66ef29898d1f0
Maybe not right place to post this, and haven't checked since the new update. But I experienced a rather odd bug, when starting the game my character spins round and round if I don't unplug my HOTAS first.

66ef29898d362icemann

66ef29898d3ab
Google says its a joystick.

Okie dokie.

People still use those? Wow. Thought the public at large stopped after flight sims died off in the late 90s/early 2000s.
« Last Edit: 14. July 2016, 03:39:06 by icemann »

66ef29898d60fLearonys

66ef29898d6c8
As far as I am concerned they can scrap the female player idea. I do not even want it if it is going to be some kind of bonus carrot at the very far end of the stick, after stupid things like team member tattoos. You already know it is never going to happen now.

So far, the character doesn't even have a body, nor a voice, so what's even the point in this? Are we all going to believe the character is a female simply because NDS said so? At least they didn't turn this into a stretch goal.
66ef29898d7ba
There are grunts and hands in the demo that are clearly male.
66ef29898da99
So far, the character doesn't even have a body, nor a voice, so what's even the point in this? Are we all going to believe the character is a female simply because NDS said so? At least they didn't turn this into a stretch goal.
Hands and voices. Besides, you would think they intend show the character more if portraying them as female is a goal at all.

Image: http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/714584-system-shock-dos-screenshot-fmv-intro-a-hacker-s-work-is-never.png

66ef29898dcacHikikomori

66ef29898dcfb
Google says it a joystick.

Okie dokie.

People still use those? Wow. Thought the public at large stopped after flight sims died off in the late 90s/early 2000s.

It is a lot more than just a 'joystick', HOTAS = "Hands On Throttle And Stick"

Yes some of us still use those, all games did not die out there is a small but thriving following :) and some of us play Elite: Dangerous a lot, and also quite useful in EVE Valkyrie and the upcoming Star Citizen. My heart has always been with spacesims.

66ef29898ddcaLearonys

66ef29898de16
So, different grunts and hands are suddendly worth an archievement so high on the list, which can be added on their own with 5 minutes' worth of sampling and less than a day remodeling a pair of hands? I just find it very cheap of NDS to give such a small change such a big name, just to gain people's attention. At least be creative.
66ef29898df15
I don't think it's quite as easy to redo the hands (think animations). Still a female player option should be a baseline feature.
I'm not blaming NightDive. I'm sure it's only economic considerations that led to this being a far goal. But if the System Shock reboot shall draw new players into a modern game, then this is important.

66ef29898e277RocketMan

66ef29898e2c6
There are grunts ...

:/

Changed my mind.  Bring on the female option!
10 Guests are here.
Oh, and it's the passion that you play.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66ef29898eecc