66ee4adecd993

66ee4adece0e6
2 Guests are here.

Topic: SSR Who is The Hacker? Read 3692 times  

66ee4adece8b2
Arguments can be made for or against the Hacker/Cantor/Employee 2-4601/ Subject L9546 having a personality of any sort. So let's have that discussion here.

http://shodan.wikia.com/wiki/Hacker

Discuss!
« Last Edit: 29. June 2016, 22:03:00 by Kolya »

66ee4adecec32XKILLJOY98

Re: Who is The Hacker?
66ee4adecec88
Arguments can be made for or against the Hacker/Cantor/Employee 2-4601/ Subject L9546 having a personality of any sort. So let's have that discussion here.

http://shodan.wikia.com/wiki/Hacker

Discuss!

"Looks like Diego's happy with my work... they're firing up the sleep machine for me now. Gotta admit, when the goons from Tri-Op caught me I thought for sure they'd take me off line. Instead, Diego just asks for a "favor." Hack him into SHODAN, and all is forgiven. Plus, six months in a healing coma earns me a cyberjack interface even TriOp's execs couldn't swing. I'll be king of the Net. Even so, I have just handed the most powerful AI in the system to a fumbling corp VP, and there's no telling what'll happen. They tell me the coma leaves you foggy, so I'll leave myself some reminders. First off, the combo to the healing suite is 451. Second, I've stashed some useful stuff in the maintenance hatch under the grating "north" of the healing suite. Last and best, I finished the system analyzer which'll let me keep an eye on SHODAN's processes. It's in the storage closet outside the sleep machine. In ten minutes it's off to bed for half a year. Good night." -The Hacker

66ee4adecee5eicemann

66ee4adeceeac
A quick answer to this question is:

When someone says Cyberpunk Hacker to you what is the first thing that springs to mind?

Is it this:
Image: http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/8c/96/8c966cd35f699a97bb6fd6eb9011f531.jpg

Or this:

And note that I'm only referring this in relation to SS1's hacker, not the second game.

66ee4adecefa9ZylonBane

66ee4adeceff5
The hacker is Booker DeWitt Jr. There, happy now?
66ee4adecf10f
He married that girl from Titanic?
66ee4adecf283
@iceman: This is kinda propped up by the fact he thought packing a pipe away would be a good idea or enough to get out of citadel. Granted it ended up saving his skin, but that's more because everything had gone to hell than anything else.

I can see him being someone used to running, but cops/triop goons cornered him seven minutes after his failed attempt at breaking into a database to get files on citadel. That either points him as not very good, or just as likely that diego had watchdogs out since people nosing into citadel might be IA nosing into him and he needs to know when to run or how to adapt to survive with his hde intact.

While I'm sure most of the Hacker's badass survivability is due to the implants there has to be something about his core being that let him power through rather than go 'well I'm fucked' and eating the business end of the sparq as soon as he found it.
Acknowledged by: icemann

66ee4adecf32eicemann

66ee4adecf37e
Very much agree. I just always pictured him in my head as the stereotypical hacker type in appearance, rather than a complete badass.

Be interesting to see how others imagined the hacker to look like.

66ee4adecf422ZylonBane

66ee4adecf474
Uh, you don't have to imagine how the hacker looks. The game shows him several times.
Acknowledged by 3 members: icemann, JosiahJack, Schuler

66ee4adecf51cicemann

66ee4adecf569
True. I've not seen the reboots version of him though.

Must play the demo.

66ee4adecf5fdZylonBane

66ee4adecf651
All the demo shows is his hands.

66ee4adecf891chickenhead

66ee4adecf8e6
All the demo shows is his hands.
Plot Twist: all the hacker is is a floating pair of arms and a camera.
66ee4adecf9cc
And then John was a zombie.

66ee4adecfa84DKDArtagnan

66ee4adecfad0
The hacker is Shodan trying to explain her own creation - and is actually an AI controlled partially by her, representing an identity crisis.

"Would you digitally...."

Mind blown!

66ee4adecfbf2chickenhead

66ee4adecfc3f
(I'll be using this whenever someone references Bioshock from now on)
Acknowledged by: Hikari

66ee4adecfed3XKILLJOY98

66ee4adecff25
(I'll be using this whenever someone references Bioshock from now on)

*(mentions bioshock)

Image: http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/subs/62896/header_586x192.jpg?t=1447459109

66ee4adecffcechickenhead

66ee4aded0019
Once the other one expires, I'll attach another one.

Once per thread.  That's the rule.
2 Guests are here.
on a dreamy day, I am drifting around
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66ee4aded0906