6703a94f104db

6703a94f1118c
2 Guests are here.

Topic: Goddamn Lookenpeepers! Read 2295 times  

6703a94f11930RocketMan

6703a94f119b8
A quick look into the origins of "blinkenlights" which, thanks to Kolya, became one of my new favourite words, reveals this masterfully written piece of poetry XD

ACHTUNG!
    ALLES TURISTEN UND NONTEKNISCHEN LOOKENPEEPERS!
    DAS KOMPUTERMASCHINE IST NICHT FÜR DER GEFINGERPOKEN UND MITTENGRABEN! ODERWISE IST EASY TO SCHNAPPEN DER SPRINGENWERK, BLOWENFUSEN UND POPPENCORKEN MIT SPITZENSPARKEN.
    IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
    ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.

Apparently this was some sort of poorly written warning on an old mainframe written by some old crotchety German, scolding redneck dumbasses (or anyone who isn't a computer engineer) and telling them not to touch anything cuz they'll blowen somethen the fuck up, instead telling them to chillax and watch the pretty blinky lights.

ATTENTION!
    ALL TOURIST AND NONTEKNIC LOOKENPEEPERS!
    THE COMPUTER MACHINE IS NOT FOR THE COMBINATIONS AND CENTERS! ORWISE IS EASY TO CREATE THE SPRINGWORK, BLOWENFUSES AND POPPENCORCES WITH TOP PARTS.
    IS NOT FOR TRADE IN STUMBERS. THE RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN THE COTTONPICKEN HANDS IN THE POCKETS MUST.
    ZO RELAXING AND WATCHING THE FLASHING LIGHTS.

Thanks to this history lesson, my new favourite word is lookenpeeper and the author of that piece of shit warning is my hero.

6703a94f11b62Nameless Voice

6703a94f11bb1
Uh, what did you do, put that into Google Translate?  It's mostly Germanised English with some actual German words thrown in.

More like:

ATTENTION:
All tourists and non-technical looker-peepers!
The computer-machine is not for finger-poking and mitten-grabbing!  Otherwise it's easy to snap the springwork, blow fuses and pop corks with sprays of sparks.
It's not for use by dummies.  The rubbernecking sightseers must keep their cotton-picking hands in their pockets.
So relax and watch the blinking lights.
6703a94f11d35
It's faux German, yeah. It was used in many IT rooms as a joke, including even German ones. In 2001/2002 German hacker group Chaos Computer Club created a playable light installation called Blinkenlights: http://blinkenlights.net/blinkenlights

6703a94f11df7RocketMan

6703a94f11e45
Multiplayer pong on the side of a building is extremely cool.  Maybe I'll attempt it with Christmas tree lights next year :awesome:
6703a94f11f93
Well, rejoice! We live in the age of home automation and smart bulbs now. Maybe next level blinkenlights will envolve an abandoned spy satellite and an entire city district. Sky's the limit!

6703a94f1209fZylonBane

6703a94f120ec
Looks like we've finally caught up to the 1950s.
Acknowledged by: Colonel SFF
2 Guests are here.
Your content is being prepared...seriously...just you wait...ok maybe something went wrong.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6703a94f12d4e